Projector vertical offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector vertical offset?

I am waiting for my screen to arrive. I ordered have an Optima 1080GT projector. I will have a 4:3 13' x 10' impact screen. That will place the projector 8'8" away from the screen according to projector calculators. My question is the calculator says the vertical offset for the projector is around 19". Is this a must shift 19" or max of 19"? I see in the manual there is a "display image shift vertical.
    My screen will be in a 5' deep cage so I want to mount the projector at 10 feet high so the cage does not block the image. Will this projector allow me to do that?

It means the lens of the projector has to be within 19" of the top of your screen to use the range of keystone adjustment. The closer it is to the top of your screen, the less adjustment will be needed.

Comment

Awesome, I should be good then. Thanks

Comment

I think it means that the top of the image will start 19" below the middle of the lens. I have this projector and the image starts quite a bit below the lens, much more so than the BENQ short throw projector.

Comment

Originally posted by wbond View Post
          I think it means that the top of the image will start 19" below the middle of the lens. I have this projector and the image starts quite a bit below the lens, much more so than the BENQ short throw projector.
          I agree, after mounting it I see that.

Comment

Does this mean the projector will not work if you can’t have it mounted 19 inches above the top of your screen or can you tilt it up slightly. My ceiling is 126 and this says the projector needs to be at 133

Comment

• wbond
              wbond commented
              Editing a comment
              The center of the lens would be at 133, you still have the rest of the projector plus a mount so probably about another 4-6” more. You could tilt it, but I think you would then need some keystone correction to fix the image. Since you are already going into 4:3 mode vs the native 16:9 not sure how bad the image will end up when adding keystone.

Hey jamesq, did you end up doing a keystone adjustment while using 4:3 ratio with this projector? I'm looking at possibly doing just that and wondering how much the quality suffers with this two-hit combo.

Comment

• 3on3putt
              3on3putt commented
              Editing a comment
              A click or two of keystone won't degrade things to the point where it will be too noticeable to the eye. But if you start going crazy with too much keystone the picture quality will take a big hit and you'll begin to notice. Here's an article talking about keystone and picture quality = https://projectorninja.com/does-keys...ur%20projector.
          Working...
          X