Settings for Optoma eh200st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings for Optoma eh200st

So I have the projector listed above. My computer screen is vivid but the projection on the net is really washed out. I am not expecting an exact match but looking at a lot of the videos on youtube and pictures here on the forum mine seems no where near the same quality. It's a garage set up with medium gray walls, white ceiling, with 6 overhead fluorescent lights. I have taken the bulbs out of the one behind the screen and over the hitting area so just one behind the golfer on the sim set up side of the garage. The other bay has 2 of the three lights on. I can get away with taking the bulbs out of one more but after that it is pretty much night golf. The projector is ceiling mounted approx. 8' from the screen and a little under 9' from the floor. I have the home course retractable screen and I have put a dark blanket behind it. I have tried working with the settings on the projector which helped a little but still washed out. Is this a settings thing or is this pretty much going to be the way it is?

What does it look like with all the lights off? Projectors cannot produce a black, so the darkest it can get is as bright as the screen with the projector off. If you have any light washing on the screen, it will kill the image. Most of us use some sort of spotlight on the hitting area only. With that, you want to put your projector in bright mode. (lamp setting high) if you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Supraracer View Post
      What does it look like with all the lights off? Projectors cannot produce a black, so the darkest it can get is as bright as the screen with the projector off. If you have any light washing on the screen, it will kill the image. Most of us use some sort of spotlight on the hitting area only. With that, you want to put your projector in bright mode. (lamp setting high) if you have it.
      If all the lights are off it is significantly better but then you can't see to the ball so thought that was a no go. Also ST has said the unit needs as much light as it can get so thought turning the lights out was a no no for the unit. I had not thought of the over head spotlight that would give both the golfer and unit the light needed. And that is easy enough to install. Any recommended type and wattage? LED? Halogen?

Comment

The skytrak unit will work in the complete dark. You can use a pin light or track light with a narrow beam. I use the track light with a "cone" around it to limit the light spilled onto the screen. See this thread. https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-hitting-area

Comment

• Nasdaqsam
          Nasdaqsam commented
          Editing a comment
          That's good to know I just recall on one of my calls to tech they stated it has to have as much light as possible. Thankfully it does not. Thank you

ST does not need light to work. For lighting up the hitting area, i used the following and it works great, nice circle of light for the hitting spot.

Comment

• Nasdaqsam
          Nasdaqsam commented
          Editing a comment
          This looks like it will work perfectly for my set up. Thanks

I turned out the lights it is significantly better but still a little blah and lacking clarity and sharpness. I played by with the setting for a bit and changed it to vivid. It is so much better now. I will add the spot light as soon as it comes in and I have to black out my garage door windows so I can replicate when using during the day but very happy with the outcome. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Update for those with Sims as work in progress. I added an overhead LED spot light as suggested to my set up. Then blacked out my garage door windows. What an amazing difference. I would recommend this for anyone with a sim set up. The LED I added was actually a two head unit from Lowes so it gives me the ability to light up the back of the sim area and right over the ST itself. It is just important to be sure and aim the one of the ST so that there is no light bleeding to the screen. It's actually quite simple.

Comment

• Nasdaqsam
            Nasdaqsam commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking of that or taking some light tin and duct taping it but for now these have a pretty narrow beam that seems to work fairly well. Thanks

• Dman
            Dman commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the same projector. I just completed my sim, all that's left is to mount the projector on the ceiling. Can you tell me what spotlights you purchased from Lowe's for the hitting area?
            Last edited by Dman; 12-27-2018, 06:55 AM.

• Nasdaqsam
            Nasdaqsam commented
            Editing a comment
            Dman, It was just an outdoor double LED light they had on clearance. I did not keep the box and looked for the same unit yesterday to get a model for you but they did not have anymore. Sorry about that. But it is really nothing special as stated just a double LED exterior light. I got it out of the electrical department not the lighting. It was one of the all-in-one kits they sell.
        Working...
        X