No announcement yet.

Optoma darbee 1080p or 4k 3d projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optoma darbee 1080p or 4k 3d projector?

Hi, I am on the fence of choosing a projector for my simulator. I was going to pull the trigger for darbee1080p for my simulator, 3d movie watching, and gaming. But I saw uhd51alv and it has 4k with 3d. Is 3d on 4k projector more clear than 1080p 3d? I have 4k tv with 3d and 1080p tv with 3d and their 3d differences are night and day. All 3d movies are bluray so its 1080p, but 1080p tv with 3d cuts resolution in half creating line effect, and 4k 3d do full 1080p on each eye. Only reason I am not sure about ordering uhd51alv is response time for gaming.
    Has anyone use these projectors and have comments about whats good and bad when using it for golf simulator?
    Will it create shadow with uhd51 because I have to mount it 17' behind the screen? I have 9ft ceiling.

I can only comment on the Optoma... it's what I have and I've been very satisfied. The image is clear and the colours are great.... and the response times are great for gaming as well. Hopefully someone can add useful info on the uhd51 for you...

Comment

Isn't it about the position of the projector that is important. I have the darbee because i need the throw ratio 0.49, My room cannot take any throw ratio below 1.07, so this rules out nearly all 4k projectors (new 4K550ST fits but too expensive for now)

So your choice of a 0.49 (darbee) or 1.21 (uhd51alv) should be made on position?

Comment

Originally posted by vrpunk View Post
        Isn't it about the position of the projector that is important. I have the darbee because i need the throw ratio 0.49, My room cannot take any throw ratio below 1.07, so this rules out nearly all 4k projectors (new 4K550ST fits but too expensive for now)

So your choice of a 0.49 (darbee) or 1.21 (uhd51alv) should be made on position?
        My bonus room is 22' long. My two concerns with uhd51alv are creating a shadow if the projector is place far too back from the screen, and response time being around 70ms, which is too high for gaming. I only play sports games, so I don't know if that will be a problem.
        I heard darbee does a really great job with 3d and 1080p contents looking very sharp almost 4k like.
        I might just get darbee for now and see if it satisfies my needs.

Comment

I have the Optima Darby in my garage ceiling and have only used it to play TGC and TGC 2019. It's exceptional.

Comment

Originally posted by chriscwhite
            I have the Optima Darby in my garage ceiling and have only used it to play TGC and TGC 2019. It's exceptional.
            How about in 4k setting for tgc2019?
            You have GT1080darby? How far do you have to setup the projector away from the screen?
            BenQ TK800/Optoma UHD51ALV were my next choices but throw ratios are make the projector 19ft away and I'm afraid it may create shadows on the screen when I stand. If I use GT1080darbee then do I need a enclosure to place it on the mat in front of me? GT1080darbee throw distance is only <7' for my screen size.
            Last edited by bongta029; 02-18-2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I think mine is set at 1200 x 1600 because of my screen size. My projector is hanging from the ceiling about 7 - 8 feet from my screen. It's about 10 feet above the floor in my garage. I would want an enclosure to protect it if it was on my floor.

Comment

Originally posted by chriscwhite
                I think mine is set at 1200 x 1600 because of my screen size. My projector is hanging from the ceiling about 7 - 8 feet from my screen. It's about 10 feet above the floor in my garage. I would want an enclosure to protect it if it was on my floor.
                Whats your screen size? Mines golf to be 149"×94" and if I use gt1080darbee, it was recommended to be 6 ft away from the screen.

Comment

I think my screen is about 10 feet x 12 feet.

Comment

I had a great deal on optoma uhd51alv, so I ordered that model instead. it's 4k projector with pretty short throw ratio compared to other 4k projectors. I'm just hoping it will not create a shadow on the screen when I stand.

Comment

Working...
                    X