Optoma GT1080Darbe vs. GT1080HDR or EH412ST?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gman17
    Senior Member
    • May 2019
    • 133

    #16
    Can anyone chime in here? I purchased an Optima EH515TST with 5000 lumens. I have a 16' deep black out area with minimum lighting. The pictures I see here on the posts are in brilliant color. I am far from that. Am I wishing it was better, or are you all taking pics with no background lights on lights?

    Comment


    • pwade3
      pwade3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice avatar. Lol.
  • pwade3
    Advanced Member
    • Oct 2015
    • 407

    #17
    GT1080HDR. One with two fluorescent lights on only a few feet from the screen and garage fully light up. The other is with just background light well away from the sim area. Click image for larger version

Name:	43F364AD-67B4-45A5-B4F4-2BC84A92E92A.jpeg
Views:	2814
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	238796 Click image for larger version

Name:	F773A3D3-6181-464F-B448-5DFBC98FC78D.jpeg
Views:	3075
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	238797

    Comment

    • wbond
      Ultimate Member
      • Oct 2014
      • 3489

      #18
      Using your 8'8" distance from projector to screen. If you start the image at the ground, the image will be 9'9" (117") tall. Then the center of the lens will be another 19" higher than that which will put it at 11'4" (136") off the ground. This is higher than what you say your ceiling height is 11'2". So that means you need to move this forward. I am thinking that best case you are probably looking at about 5" from center of lens to the ceiling when it's mounted. I think you are going to end up with it around 8'3" from the screen, image height is 111" (9'3"), plus 18" to center of the lens 129" (10'9"), plus 5" from center of the lens to your ceiling 134" (11'2").

      Originally posted by Toml View Post
      Admittedly, I'm struggling a little bit with the offset calculation. If Projector Central shows a -19 offset at 8'-8" throw distance for a ceiling mount, my understanding is that means the top of the image will be (19" + the mounting height + the distance between top of the projector to the center of the lens) below the ceiling. If this is correct, then the top of the image in my case will be approximately be 9' above the ground (assuming about a 5" mounting bracket and 2" from the top of the projector to the middle of the lens), so I won't be utilizing the top 1' of my screen.

      Is my understanding correct? If so, should I be looking for a different projector with a smaller offset?

      Comment

      • Toml
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2019
        • 5

        #19
        I agree with your calcs, so either I accept a smaller image or I look for a different projector that has a smaller offset, but still provides the short throw distance I need. Not sure if that projector exists tho!

        Comment


        • wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          Check out the benq they have a smaller offset and it has zoom, so easier to mount and may fit your needs
      Working...