Projector mounting on cage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector mounting on cage?

I'm wondering if anyone has mounted their projector to their cage? I've installing a 10x10x10 cage set up and I'm planning on mounting the projector to the top of the cage. I used the calculator and distance is about right. I'm wondering if hitting balls into the screen will make the cage shake, in turn making the projector shake...... Has anyone had this issue?

I have that set up. I get a tiny bit of movement from the ball impact but not enough to really notice. My screen takes the impact well, as I have a direct from mill screen with an additional 2 archery weave screens behind it for support. I have all the screens mounted with ball bungees on all 4 sides. I have my projector mounted out on a single pole on the roof of my cage. My cage is made from 33 mm tube . I have a plan to add more bracing to the roof section as there is a small amount of sag due to the span but not enough to notice in the image. When I do add the bracing I will probably remove the single pole and go with a ladder type construction to stiffen up the whole frame. I would like to add a WUXGA projector in the future and these tend to be a lot heavier than your average projector. I think that when I do that the slight movement I get at the moment will reduce to zero
    I think how much shake you may get likely depends on a few factors like , diameter of tubing used, tension of screen , how the screen is mounted and general stability of frame .
    10 x 10 x 10 is cube shaped and should be quite rigid if you used stiff enough tubing with a decent wall thickness so you may have no shake. I have a small amount of shake because my aspect ratio is 16.10 and the span of the cage is quite long at just under 5 meters . I think the ball bungees help in killing the movement also.

Comment

My projector is mounted to the top rail of my 10x10x10 cage. With the SportScreen the cage is plenty heavy and doesn't shake at all. The projector mount is a QualGear QG-KIT-TA-3IN-B.
      Last edited by GolfPig; 04-26-2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

GolfPig the mount is prefect! How thick is the pipe your using? The mount says it's 3" diameter.... I'm going to 3/4" conduit. Any issues?

Comment

According to the specs 3" is the max diameter of pipe it will clamp to. I'm using 1-3/8" chain link fence rail. It looks like the U bolts have enough threads to be able to clamp down the 3/4" pipe.

Comment

GolfPig / lilstan / Kmurray I am trying to mount the projector Optoma GT1080 HDRX to the top rail of 10x10x10 cage. Do you know if this mount (QualGear QG-KIT-TA-3IN-B) work with this projector model?

Comment

Originally posted by Golfkids View Post
              GolfPig / lilstan / Kmurray I am trying to mount the projector Optoma GT1080 HDRX to the top rail of 10x10x10 cage. Do you know if this mount (QualGear QG-KIT-TA-3IN-B) work with this projector model?
              Looking at the projection calculator, the Optoma throws very short. Can this projector go back 10' to keep the 120" screen in full?

Comment

Working...
              X