Optoma x318ST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optoma x318ST

I just picked up a second hand x318ST from a fellow member. My question is this. Using the calculations from Projector Central it says the projector should be -14" from the top of the screen. My sim goes from floor to ceiling and is 9'hx10'w. How should I mount this? As close to the ceiling as possible?
    Attached Files

Anybody have any feedback on this? I saw a post in a search where a user removed the drywall and mounted the projector in the ceiling so the lens is just below the ceiling. Removing the vertical offset as much as possible But still projecting the imagine 15" below the ceiling roughly. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Comment

• 3on3putt
      3on3putt commented
      Editing a comment
      The vertical offset is calculated from the top of the image, not the top of the screen.

Thus if the ceiling is 10’ and the projector has a low profile mount. The image would begin 18-20” from the ceiling? Meaning a 9’ tall screen would have 6-8” of No image at the top?

Comment

Originally posted by Stetson View Post
      Thus if the ceiling is 10’ and the projector has a low profile mount. The image would begin 18-20” from the ceiling? Meaning a 9’ tall screen would have 6-8” of No image at the top?
      If the vertical offset is say 12 inches, then the top of the image would be 12 inches below the middle of the lens (for a ceiling mount). The vertical offset changes gradually as the throw distance (distance from the screen) changes.

If the ceiling is 10 feet high and the screen is 9 feet high, a projector with fewer than 12 inches of vertical offset would fill the screen from top to bottom (because you have 12 inches of space between the screen and the ceiling to allow for that offset).

Casting an image that is 9-feet tall is tricky with 10 foot ceilings though, unless you're putting it way back from the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by 3on3putt View Post

If the vertical offset is say 12 inches, then the top of the image would be 12 inches below the middle of the lens (for a ceiling mount). The vertical offset changes gradually as the throw distance (distance from the screen) changes.

If the ceiling is 10 feet high and the screen is 9 feet high, a projector with fewer than 12 inches of vertical offset would fill the screen from top to bottom (because you have 12 inches of space between the screen and the ceiling to allow for that offset).

Casting an image that is 9-feet tall is tricky with 10 foot ceilings though, unless you're putting it way back from the screen.
        So the top of the image is equal to the vertical offset? It is not in addition to the mount height?

Comment

So the top of the image is equal to the vertical offset? It is not in addition to the mount height?

Vertical offset = distance from top of image to the middle of the lens on the projector.

Comment

Originally posted by 3on3putt View Post

Vertical offset = distance from top of image to the middle of the lens on the projector.
            Okay so that is what I thought. If the center of the lens is 4” below the ceiling and VO is 16” than the image will be 20” below the ceiling.

Comment

Okay so that is what I thought. If the center of the lens is 4” below the ceiling and VO is 16” than the image will be 20” below the ceiling.
              That's correct.

Comment

Working...
              X