Help find projector 16:10 for 185" screen 8.5x13 ceiling mounted from like 10-13ft?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nfear24
    Senior Member
    • May 2020
    • 106

    #1

    Help find projector 16:10 for 185" screen 8.5x13 ceiling mounted from like 10-13ft?

    Trying to find a projector I can mount somewhere around 10-13ft on the ceiling for a 185" screen 8.5x13. Anyone have some options.
  • Antony Chang
    Member
    • May 2018
    • 36

    #2
    Optoma WU 515ST. It's WUXGA (1920 x 1200) with 5500 Lumens. The throw ratio is 0.79. It will throw a 185" from 12.2'.

    Comment


    • nfear24
      nfear24 commented
      Editing a comment
      That might be a good one to get and around the price range I was looking at.
  • Jay28
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2020
    • 145

    #3
    Have you checked projector central?
    You can filter based on throw ratio.

    https://www.projectorcentral.com/Pan...ulator-pro.htm

    Panasonic PT-EZ590 with short throw lens.
    For a 13.5 ft by 8.5ft screen the zoom function allows positioning from 9ft 11inches to 12ft 11inches

    Comment


    • nfear24
      nfear24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I will check that out. I guess I didn't specify a price range. was thinking in that 2000 ballpark.

    • Jay28
      Jay28 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, ok the Pana with the short throw lens is about $5.5k... however I picked mine up second hand for £1600.
      Have a look round in the second hand market. Most deals still have plenty of lamp life and even if they don't it's only a couple hundred dollars for a new lamp.
  • 3on3putt
    Champion Member
    • Mar 2019
    • 1315

    #4
    Originally posted by nfear24 View Post
    Trying to find a projector I can mount somewhere around 10-13ft on the ceiling for a 185" screen 8.5x13. Anyone have some options.
    What's your hitting distance (ball to screen)?

    Comment


    • nfear24
      nfear24 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to hit from that 10-12ft range so the projector shouldn't cast any shadows then.

    • Jay28
      Jay28 commented
      Editing a comment
      How high is your ceiling?

    • nfear24
      nfear24 commented
      Editing a comment
      ceilings are 9.5' high
Working...