Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @graham camm (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - Sony Open in Hawaii !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - The American Express playing 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer)thursday - 6487y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...erican-express
See more
See less

9"HX10"W Screen. Now for a projector??? 8"or 9" Tee to Screen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9"HX10"W Screen. Now for a projector??? 8"or 9" Tee to Screen...

Hello Friends, I'm finally ready to think about a projector for the set up I've noted above. Any and all advice and recommendations are welcome. Thanks, Rick

BenQ short throw projector, model would depend on the price your looking for? This should get you in the 9’ from screen range but I recommend anyone setting up a projector for a golf simulator watching the following first so you get the correct screen fill and resolution:

https://youtu.be/o-lG1sfwzms

Comment

What's your ceiling height?

Comment

• Limmy
        Limmy commented
        Editing a comment
        9' 5" sorry, I should've stated that....

With not a lot of space between your screen and ceiling, I would try to mount something pretty flush to the ceiling and use the vertical offset to drop the image down to where you need it.

The Optoma GT1080HDR would sit 6 feet, 8 inches away for your screen width and has a vertical offset of 14 inches. With a ceiling height of 114 inches, a flush mount could get the lens around 108 inches high and the top of the image would then be 94 inches high, which would fit comfortably into your screen size. Without tilting the lens, that would leave you with 14 inches of blank space at the top of your screen and 4 inches of blank space at the bottom.

It will be slightly closer to the screen than your hitting spot, but at 9 feet high with a flush mount it should be safely out of the way (provided that it's on the target line and not above your body). Important question = are you off-centered at all?

That's just one example I pulled. With a little digging you might be able to find one that can be mounted a little bit further back to get it more over the golf ball.

The youtube video posted above is very helpful, but just keep in mind that the more you manipulate your image size like that, the more you eat away at the quality of the image. A 4:3 aspect ratio gives you an image height of 90 inches. If it were me, I would just keep it at that and maintain your picture quality.

Comment

• Limmy
        Limmy commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks again....
    Working...
    X