Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Scammed for GC2 (serial A3041)....DO NOT BUY FROM scott3065....PLEASE PIN THIS

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Got Scammed for GC2 (serial A3041)....DO NOT BUY FROM scott3065....PLEASE PIN THIS

Well I got scammed by a low life from this board. DO NOT BUY FROM "scott3065"

He claimed his name is Lohann Tuttle
    Cell is 614-922-8813 (spoke to him many times on the phone)
    Email is ohlyve@outlook.com
    He claims his address was:
    8559 APPLERIDGE CIR
    PICKERINGTON, OH

Was asking $4500 for a GC2 (serial # A3041). Attached are the pics he used.
    I was new to this board and was looking for something in a hurry right before Christmas for my son....so I did not know to ask to see his name next to each picture.
    He knew everything about the GC2 and the software, etc. and seemed very legit. His price was $4,500 "OBO" (right in line with others)....I agreed to $4,000

He claimed to be a "Proud Dad" and he would never scam anyone, bla, bla, bla.
    Spoke to him many times over the phone. After the money was sent, then the excuses started to come.
    1) Too late in the day to ship the unit out (but guaranteed before Christmas)
    2) Claimed he had to rush his wife to the hospital and been there all day
    3) Then next day claimed his wife died (I asked to send me the hospital / name / room number) and I would send flowers so I can provide this was a scam
    4) Then his secretary was going to ship on Monday
    5) Then his secretary sent it to the wrong address and he was going to have to pay $1000 to get it retrieved (and he only had $300)....yet took my $4000 no problem.

Just want to make sure no one gets scammed from him again....and if you see these pics floating around or this serial number A3041

By the way, here is his bank information he used...
    Bank Name: PNC bank
    Acct. Name: Ann Tuttle
    Acct. Number: 4162529***
    Routing No: 041000***

Just hope no one else gets scammed.

Moderators, I would hope someone would remove "scott3065"...aka Lohann Tuttle from this forum

I would file a police report. Start with your local department. They may advise you to forward to dept in Ohio, I'm not sure. Committing a fraud with a value over $4000 across state lines will get someones attention eventually. Don't assume that nothing can be done.....that's what this a-hole is counting on.

Comment

Given the info you have on him I would think authorities could track him down. https://www.consumerprotection.govt....d-take-action/

Comment

Please tell me you didn’t pay with a bank wire and paid with PayPal goods and services......

Comment

I buy a fair amount of used golf equipment from another golf forum and the number one rule the mods preach is only pay using PayPal Goods and Services. PayPal is the only form of online payment that will offer the buyer protection should the item not show up, shows up damaged, or stops working within 180 days. There is a 2.9% fee for this protection but a smart seller should already have this priced into their asking price. Avoid any seller that won't accept PayPal.

Comment

• Solstice72
            Solstice72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to know

One last thing. If you paid via wire. Call your bank, tell them what happened. Tell them it’s fraud. Ask them to call the other bank and verify account owners information. Ask to initiate a reversal from the other bank. You maybe be able to recover some money and have account shut down especially if bank account title doesn’t match what you have your bank.

Comment

Already reported to the bank and calling the local police as well. Just wanted to make sure everyone on this forum is aware of this.

Comment

I hope you get it back man, or had some sort of protection. Sucks

Comment

What ever happened here? Did you get your money back from this a..ho.e?

Comment

It's a good thing I'm pretty cautious with these things because I've been talking to this guy for the past few days myself. He sent me this image, which is exactly the same as the one above. He must've photoshopped his name and the date in there. Still using the same serial number too, A3041. I wouldn't pay through anything but Paypal anyway so there is some level of protection, but we didn't get that far obviously. Glad I checked here first.

Comment

• Celeras
                    Celeras commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Somebody here? Post the name so they can ban. "Eagle" hasnt been online in years on these forums

• linkkingx
                    linkkingx commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I saw a classified on another site, THP. from December. The username was Eagle1. I know there is an Eagle1 here that seems to be at least a little bit active but I don't know if they're connected. Anyway, I PM'd him to see if by any chance it was still available and of course it was, haha. Now I know why.

• linkkingx
                    linkkingx commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also should've known just by the way he wrote the date that he's a scammer. Nobody in the US puts the day before the month!

I looked him up on the county auditor website for that area. There is a Tuttle that lives there - Allen is the name so it's weird if they'd scam you with a real/nickname but I hope you get your money back. That's a real low life thing to do. What ended up happening?

Comment

People like this just suck suck suck! Here is info on who owns that property. Last name is the same. Number you have seems bogus...probably a VOIP made up temp number.
                    Attached Files

Comment

You could call some of those numbers and see if the voice is the same as the one you spoke to. But definitely call the local police in his town. Anything over $1500 I believe is a felony.

Comment

Please tell me you got your money back and this guy is now a convicted felon.

Comment

Wow. I just hope you get your money back.

Comment

Working...
                          X