Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Golf18 (NET) and @Bardford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - PGA Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - Wyndham Championship with 2 rounds at Oakland Hills CC (South Course) - Green ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...m-championship
See more
See less

Flightscope X3 Cost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dax View Post
    There are way too many variables that you would have to have as constants if you are trying to see if spin indoors or out are any (I.e. ball, mat, different strike on different days). I would argue that using the radar camera will not help in spin calls as the camera is too far away to capture any ball data that might help in doing a calculation.
    My next step is to take my leftover slab from my CCE mat to the range and compare. Another thing I'm doing soon is having a buddy of mine over with his Trackman. We are going to do a side by side comparison in my sim room.

Speaking of my CCE mat, I'm now looking at different options. The hand and wrist have been sore and achy every since I started hitting a decent amount of balls.
    Last edited by Blaker34; 03-12-2018, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I totally agree with you regarding the CCE mats hurting the wrists/hands. I just bit the bullet and got the TrueStrike Acadamy mat (the one made for simulator where strip is in the middle) and love it. Definitely more than CCE - i paid $858 but worth it for sure when hitting a lot of balls.

i have a FS X2 Elite so very curious what you find out when you test the spin with a trackman. Pleasantly surprised that FS was actually higher than GC2 even if it was not an overly scientific experiment lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blaker34 View Post

During July & August of 2017 I hit off of grass on a Trackman & Flightscope during separate iron fittings and I was consistently around 8k with my 7 iron. A couple weeks ago my brother and I went outdoors and hit range balls at a heated range on a typical crappy range mat with my Flightscope, I was between 7-8k. Indoors in my sim room on my CCE real feel mat I'm in the 5700-6500 range.

I plan on doing a lot more extensive testing when it gets warmer. I'm not sure if you read my GC2 vs Xi Tour comparison in another thread. But I went to Golf galaxy to test their GC2 with my 7 iron, My average spin was 5500 with the GC2. Average spin in my sim room with my Flightscope is 6k. I actually didn't do this test to compare mats, I did this concerned that radar vs GC2 might be a significant difference. I was shocked that my spin was even lower on the GC2.
        I tested GC2 vs TM4 and they're within 100~300rpm difference both indoor and outdoor. Because it is very negligible I will trust GC2 spin numbers both indoor and outdoor, since TM4 and Flightscope calculates spin sometimes indoor. Also, as I recall Flightscope doesn't tell you if the spin numbers were calculated or not whereas TM4 will italicize it. Therefore I wouldn't trust Flightscope's spin numbers all the time indoor if you can't tell if it was calculated or not.

However, if you have enough distance from the ball to the screen, at least 12ft, then I would trust most of the spin data IF you have a metallic dot on your ball facing the screen for IRONS, probably definitely not drivers because you still need more distance for that ball speed (my ball speed is like 140mph and it still calculates 8 out of 10 times on a driver, whereas irons not even 1 out of 10 times).

Comment

Originally posted by KMitch View Post
          I totally agree with you regarding the CCE mats hurting the wrists/hands. I just bit the bullet and got the TrueStrike Acadamy mat (the one made for simulator where strip is in the middle) and love it. Definitely more than CCE - i paid $858 but worth it for sure when hitting a lot of balls.

i have a FS X2 Elite so very curious what you find out when you test the spin with a trackman. Pleasantly surprised that FS was actually higher than GC2 even if it was not an overly scientific experiment lol
          Great to hear. I originally wanted to get Truestrike too but a) was way too expensive and b) my simulator mat setup had to be tweaked dramatically since I couldn't putt straight on a Truestrike and the landing mats were of a different height than Truestrike (I went with Par2Pro's setup).

I remember seeing someone's test that indoor mats really didn't make that much of a difference in terms of spin and ball speed whereas on other posts I heard CCE is as close as you can in terms of installing a mat indoor. If the former is the case, I would say Truestrike will be better than CCE because of less-prone wrist/elbow injuries. If latter, I guess there is a compromise you have to do if you want realism vs ok to hurt. I wouldn't think the latter will be really close to real life anyway though. I wish there is a strip of Truestrike mat.

Comment

Leo, what is your distance from ball to screen when you are hitting?

Comment

• LEO MODE
              LEO MODE commented
              Editing a comment
              13ft to be exact

Originally posted by KMitch View Post

I am looking at other options as well. Here is my current set up. My biggest regret is making such a large hitting mat. I only hit the ball within a 2 foot by foot square anyway(I wish truestrike made custom inserts). If I had to do it all over again, I would have had more green area for putting, and a much smaller hitting area. The cheap way to do would be add pieces of green back in, but that might look bad with the seems. The other option is to replace the green and re-install a smaller hitting area. Any opinions??
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X