Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Jeremy (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - The Greenbrier Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - John Deere Classic with 2 rounds at Merion East Ardmore, PA (ProTee - Middle) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-deere-classic
See more
See less

Flightscope X3 Cost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightscope X3 Cost

How much is Flightscope X3?
    Also, are there any subscription fees like TrackMan?
    Or once you just pay up for the hardware, you're done for paying up?

I *believe* that it was $15k. Again, I *believe* you can pay for the annual maintenance which provides warranty supports, PC software updates, tech support for around $1k/yr (at least that's what I believe it used to be).

Otherwise, you can just buy their Skills, VX or Video app for $10ea. There isn't a subscription you need to maintain like other guys.

Comment

I have an X2 and just have the VX and Skills apps and they work great. If I upgrade to the X3 at some point I'll probably go with the PC software and support

Comment

So what does that PC software/support give you? Because Trackman has a software subscription where if you run out of subscription you can't access those features within the app anymore. They block the feature so I can't access them.

Comment

Originally posted by LEO MODE
          So what does that PC software/support give you? Because Trackman has a software subscription where if you run out of subscription you can't access those features within the app anymore. They block the feature so I can't access them.
          Support is hardware and phone support. I believe they will fix hardware issues and stuff like that if under a support contract. Also gets access to updated PC software. I don't believe that they disable any features if you aren't under support. I have an X2 that isn't under support and I use all the apps. Just don't have the PC software (but I never did). Not sure if it would still work if I already had it.

Comment

has anyone actually purchased one of these? I can't find a single review or even impression. I've been looking at all the usual suspects.

Comment

Originally posted by tourneychamp23 View Post
              has anyone actually purchased one of these? I can't find a single review or even impression. I've been looking at all the usual suspects.
              I am looking into trading in or selling my Xi Tour and getting the X3.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaker34 View Post
                I am looking into trading in or selling my Xi Tour and getting the X3.
                If you were not aware, FS will supposedly give 'fair market value' to trade in your unit for the X3. Now how fair that really is or what it might be compared to what you might get selling it yourself, I can't say. I asked about it wrt to my Xi Tour but never got an actual value back.

Comment

Originally posted by StuartG View Post

If you were not aware, FS will supposedly give 'fair market value' to trade in your unit for the X3. Now how fair that really is or what it might be compared to what you might get selling it yourself, I can't say. I asked about it wrt to my Xi Tour but never got an actual value back.

They told me they would give me $5k for my Xi Tour towards a new X3, which is $15k. He also told me they get around $7k for the Xi Tour refurbished. I am confident I can get $6-$7k for my Xi Tour privately, it's only 4 months old. The other thing he told me is E6 hasn't completed the software integration with the X3 and that it's supposed to be launched and ready by mid March. I asked him what if E6 doesn't figure their integration out and things get delayed. He replies "Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, that's something E6 has definitely done before". lol. So anyway, I told him if I do this swap, I don't want to be stuck without having my E6 all spring and/or summer. He's going to call me back after he talks to the VP or whoever his direct supervisor is with some options.

Comment

Good to know.

Although hard to say what you might be able to get privately. Resale values on ebay don't seem to be that high but you never know.

Comment

I spoke to them again yesterday and they definitely backed off on the mid March claim about E6 being ready to launch for X3. They thought 2 months was worst case, end of this month is the best case. He told me to call him at the end of the month.

The one thing I want to know is what type of camera's are integrated? What I haven't found out is if the camera's assist with gauging accurate spin readings, or is the only for club angle and path, putting etc.?

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "what type of camera's are integrated" - it's got it's own camera built in, you don't integrate a camera of your own with it.

As far as what it's used for, I'd only be guessing (based on the marketing video) but sounds like it's used to improve ball tracking accuracy (likely azimuth and elevation) particularly for putting and chipping where the radar accuracy. I doubt it would be useful for any spin readings considering how far away from the ball it will be.

Comment

My hope was that due to the camera's inside the X3 the spin readings would be more accurate indoors. My spin readings for my 7 iron as an example on a Flighscope and Trackman outdoors are around 7k-8k. Indoors they are between 5500-7k on my Flightscope.

Comment

• wbond
                            wbond commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Were you hitting off mat outdoors or was it off grass? There is some debate on effect of hitting off the mat in regards to spin. The range you are seeing is what others believe.

During July & August of 2017 I hit off of grass on a Trackman & Flightscope during separate iron fittings and I was consistently around 8k with my 7 iron. A couple weeks ago my brother and I went outdoors and hit range balls at a heated range on a typical crappy range mat with my Flightscope, I was between 7-8k. Indoors in my sim room on my CCE real feel mat I'm in the 5700-6500 range.

I plan on doing a lot more extensive testing when it gets warmer. I'm not sure if you read my GC2 vs Xi Tour comparison in another thread. But I went to Golf galaxy to test their GC2 with my 7 iron, My average spin was 5500 with the GC2. Average spin in my sim room with my Flightscope is 6k. I actually didn't do this test to compare mats, I did this concerned that radar vs GC2 might be a significant difference. I was shocked that my spin was even lower on the GC2.
                          Last edited by Blaker34; 03-12-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

There are way too many variables that you would have to have as constants if you are trying to see if spin indoors or out are any (I.e. ball, mat, different strike on different days). I would argue that using the radar camera will not help in spin calls as the camera is too far away to capture any ball data that might help in doing a calculation.

Comment

Working...
                            X