Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more asterisks next to spin number when spin is not registered on pc software??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more asterisks next to spin number when spin is not registered on pc software??

Has anyone running Flightscope pc software version 11.0.14 noticed there is no more asterisks popping up next to the spin number when spin is not measured? Ever since I updated the software to 11.0.14 I can't get it to show even when using balls with no metallic dot indoors. I still have the old 10. something version, so I ran it just to see and the asterisks still shows up next to the spin number when I don't put a dot on the ball.

Flightscope got back to me and they say it is a feature they have removed from the latest software version and that in order to have the asterisk show up again when spin is not measured they now have to remotely configure the software. Great customer service on their part as usual but useless to say this wasn't the smartest decision. This is something the user should easily configure himself without any remote support.

Comment

I'm assuming you have an active support contract?

Comment

• J.R.GOLF
        J.R.GOLF commented
        Editing a comment
        No I don't and never did, I can't say enough good things about Flightscope's customer support. I spent hours last year over the course of multiple remote sessions with them trying to figure out why my unit wouldn't pick up chips no more. Turned out to be their fault due to a bug in their firmware update. Great company to do business with.

I don't have a support contract and have never had any problems getting basic questions like that answered by their CS dept.

Comment

Still a difference in spin number whether the * is there or not. I tried using 10 pro v1x with dots and 10 without. The numbers were very different.... Especially for driver and Wedges

Comment

• J.R.GOLF
          J.R.GOLF commented
          Editing a comment
          If you update your pc software to the latest version, there will no longer be *

Originally posted by d10redwolf
        Still a difference in spin number whether the * is there or not. I tried using 10 pro v1x with dots and 10 without. The numbers were very different.... Especially for driver and Wedges
        The main point is that without the *, there is no way to know if it's way off or was measured. There will obviously be differences between dots/no dots since it is still measuring spin when it can.

Comment

I may contact them to get this done. It is way more useful to know if it's calculated or measured. Thanks for this info guys. I'll add to my list of things to request/ask for.

Comment

Working...
          X