Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightscope Xi+ Short Indoor Driver questions

Hello fellow Flightscope users!

I currently have a setup of 8 feet sensor to ball, and 8 feet ball to screen. My clubhead speed averages around 97-100MPH

It appears that I have greater success/distance with my 3-wood and hybrids (I'm assuming this is due to ball speed). I may be able to accommodate my space to provide a little more ball flight. Obviously this will assist with some spin/flight numbers. However, what is the ideal distance you have all experienced? Do I need at least 10ft? Or do I need at least 13ft to notice any difference.

I'm currently using my Flightscope to play JNPG. It works quite well. Best is used with slow/soft greens with an 8 stimp measuring. This is because most chips under 30 feet are too difficult to hit softly enough.

I'd love to hear from other users of Flightscope and see your setups. I'll post pictures of mine later today.

Adam

Have an Xi Tour - but the sim room construction hasn't finished yet so no indoor experience to share. Hopefully up and running by the end of Dec.

But didn't know JNPG even supported Flightscope - that's good to know. I'm going to start out with e6 but nice to know there are other options.

Comment

For the best results for Flight scope you need 9’ from LM TO TEE, THEN 13’ from tee to net

Louis

Comment

How did you guys get on?

I have been testing an Xi Tour in limited space and It does operate below the stated minimums. At the moment I have approx 13ft in total - back wall to screen! I have just 5ft 6in between the tee and the feet of the unit and 6ft 6in to the screen (there is also 1ft gap from the wall to the feet of the unit). I have a reflective sticker on each ball and the tee stays in the mat. It is capturing all my swings, which are up to 100mph (driver 95mph to 100mph), including club head data. The faster the swing speed, the more space you need from tee to screen. It takes it a while to work out the shot data on the higher ball speeds, so it's clearly right near the limit - initially it will draw an incorrect trajectory, or even the previous trajectory, but it corrects itself within a few seconds and the resulting data seems to be correct (NB: when there is more space or slower swing speed it works perfectly). It's good enough for me, although I have not compared the numbers from the driver with any other launch monitors yet.

Since it's right on the limit, I can't actually recommend this configuration. There are no guarantees it would work in your environment - particularly if you have a faster swing or need more distance to the back wall (arm length / driver length / hip movement!).

I have some scope to move my screen back and make some more space, so I won't be sticking with distances quite this short.
        Last edited by hamerg; 01-31-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hamerg View Post
          At the moment I have approx 13ft in total - back wall to screen! I have just 5ft 6in between the tee and the feet of the unit and 6ft 6in to the screen (there is also 1ft gap from the wall to the feet of the unit).
          Tht's pretty good (and pleasantly surprising) that you are getting that much success with so little space.

I'm not fully up and running yet (lots of contractor delays) but have done some testing of the setup with mid irons and wedge shots (maybe max club speed 85 or a bit more). I have ~8' (100") from radar to tee and ~10' from tee to screen and haven't run into any problems with capture so far.

Comment

I just tried it with the back leg stowed, leaning against the wall. This works fine and gets a bit more space. The lean needs to be around 10 degrees.

Comment

So I have 21 feet from where the FlightScope would sit till the screen. It’s 11 feet from FlightScope to the tee. That should be fine correct? With the ball marked of course.
              GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

That is more than the official minimum, so it will be fine. Here's the info:
                https://flightscope.com/products/fli...-indoor-setup/
                Indoor Setup of FlightScope Setup instructions for the Xi, Xi +, Xi Tour, X2 and the X2 Elite Distance Requirements Short Indoor Mode: The distance from the tee to the FlightScope sensor should be exactly 8 feet. For the most accurate measurements in this setup, there must be at least 8 feet of ball flight....
                Last edited by hamerg; 01-31-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bubs3141 View Post
                  So I have 21 feet from where the FlightScope would sit till the screen. It’s 11 feet from FlightScope to the tee. That should be fine correct? With the ball marked of course.
                  Yes, should be fine - but I believe the distance between the tee and screen is more helpful to get the best results than the distance between the unit and the tee so I might tend move the tee closer to the radar than the screen. But if you did that would there be any noticeable improvement? I can't say for sure but you probably already have enough room for the ball flight where it's not going to matter all that much unless maybe you have players with fairly high ball speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by bubs3141 View Post
                    This does not sound right, if you have that much room FS to tee, I would reduce this to 9 feet and use the rest of the distance for ball flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dax

This does not sound right, if you have that much room FS to tee, I would reduce this to 9 feet and use the rest of the distance for ball flight.
                      Ok. Will move my mat back. Thanks.
                      GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

I am still waiting to get my garage reconfigured (side mounted opener and high-lift). So I haven't had much practice with my driver. With that said, I have 8 feet/8feet right now, and it works great with Bear Golf.

I can comfortably hit my 3 wood, and the readings are good. It definitely exaggerates a pull-hook in my mind. I'll be interested to see once I can finally hit my driver what happens.

I'm continually updating my space. It's coming together quite nicely.

Comment

Working...
                        X