Is the X3 comparable to Trackman 4 ? Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the X3 comparable to Trackman 4 ? Thanks

Thinking about purchasing a x3 but wondering if it’s worth just to spend more money for Tracman? Or are they just as accurate? Thanks in advance

What are your use cases? Indoor? Outdoor? Both indoor/outdoor? Simulation? Teaching?

Those will all play a role in selecting the right one.

Comment

well , all of the above would be nice, want to start a little studio , with sim rental as well. Thanks

Comment

I purchased and X3 this fall. Unfortunately don't have a net or screen so haven't been able to try it out other than short chips across the basement floor and putting. I am impressed with those abilities so far. I have a screen on order that is going be here by Friday so hope to get some more use out of it then. I went back and forth trying to decide between the two myself but just couldn't justify the difference in money for my ability. My feeling was the the difference if any I would need to be better than a 0 handicap for it to make a difference for me. The other thing I looked at was the fact that Bryson Dechambeau uses the flight scope and if there is anyone who would understand the technologies and numbers it would be him so in my mind right or wrong I said if its good enough for him and bubba then its good enough for me. The initial price difference plus the ongoing service contract/software price difference made it no question flight scope for me as I won't be making any income from the unit. Just my 2 cents and how I decided if its of any help to you. Have had great experience with the guys at flight scope so far.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Longstix, yeah thats where im at with the two as well, Just have a few questions for you? what software are you planing on using for your X3? also do you have put stickers on the balls for it to pick up properly? Thanks

Comment

I am going to be using the E6 software. Have the free trial downloaded and using now. No putting ability yet but I’ve talked to both E6 and flightscope and it honestly should be out this month. From my understanding they have it working and are testing it between the two of them right now. It’s taking a bit of figuring because the set back of he monitor is different in full swing and short game (5’ tee to monitor short game and 8’or 10’ tee to monitor in full swing). So I believe they are have to make adjustments so the monitor will re level for short game shots. I have the metallic stickers on a few balls but I haven’t hit anymore than some 5yd chips shots in the basement as I don’t have a screen or net set up yet. My raw material showed up on Friday so just in the process of building a manual roll up screen. Hopefully have more info on how it works by the end of the week. I have used the putting software just putting on the floor. It’s pretty crazy and I think once I have a putting turf installed it will really make a difference in my putting to be honest.

Comment

Interested in hearing your results!!

Comment

Thanks for info please keep us updated!

Comment

Originally posted by longstix View Post
                  I am going to be using the E6 software.
                  Is that E6 v1.6 or Connect?

Comment

E6 connect. I was going to purchase a license of somebody to get E6 v1.6 but when I called about the transfer fee and such they told me that they wouldn’t be providing updates and putting for V1.6 only connect so I decided against the 1.6 purchase. Spent the morning building a roll up tube out of an old RV awning for the impact screen. It’s pretty basic but I’m going to try it to see if it works and if it does I’ll be redoing a bit and using a windshield washer motor to make it a motorized screen. Only into it for $20 plus the screen right now so thought it was worth trying. Lol

Comment

• StuartG
                      StuartG commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks. I already bought 1.6 (second hand for a great price) for my Xi Tour. Had thought of upgrading to the X3 (for putting) but I had heard it wasn't going to be supported in 1.6 and just wanted to get confirmation about that.

• longstix
                      longstix commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well that is what I was told directly from E6 sales. They said with X3 I would only get support via that Connect platform. I still debated owning the 1.6 but if it doesn't have putting integration it kind of makes having the X3 overkill.

Well it took me all night to get it all attached and hung. It’s pretty basic and simple but cost me $25 to build a manual roll up screen plus the screen and net. I’ve set it up so I can use my current home theatre projector for the sim as well. Picture is small and doesn’t fill screen (about 96”x42”. Still bigger than a tv off to the side. So until I can afford another projector and one I can offset then this will do just fine. Hopefully get a chance to get some mounts on the walls tomorrow and going to use tarp clips and some straps to tighten the screen when using. Hope it’s going to work well. If he screen material holds up well I’ll have about 50’ of raw screenfor sale if anyone is interested. Getting excited. Have a busy day tomorrow and Wednesday but hopefully by the weekend I will be using the X3 and free version of E6 Connect! Oh and yes I know I’ll have to move the Center channel and Sub when I want to use it!! 😁😁
                    Last edited by longstix; 01-08-2019, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Got it working guys! Played my first 9 tonight and it felt awesome!!!!! Need to talk to flightscope and figure out how to make sure I have the unit set up properly and aligned as I don’t know if I have it straight with my target. Either way must be close as it works well. Will keep playing and see how it goes. Feels amazing to be finally golfing in the basement

Comment

Congrats! I'm still waiting on the flooring contractors for my new room so still a few weeks away from being able to hit.

Comment

Working...
                        X