Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @braycobb (NET) and @beau lester (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Masters Tournament with 3 rounds at Magnolia National 2016 (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ers-tournament
See more
See less

5ft Putts with Mevo+ on e6 Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5ft Putts with Mevo+ on e6 Connect

Hi,
    thanks for the video. I guess it is really down to the stimp settings on E6. A ball leaves the stimpmeter @ roughly 4.1 mph. So if you see a putting distance of 6 feet at a 3 mph putt that corresponds to a stimp reading of 8. With a stimp setting of 12 it should travel just under 9 feet. So looking at your video I'd say that your surface has a stimp of roughly 12 and E6 is set at 8.

Comment

Right but what I am saying is everyone will have a stimp if their own yet if they play each other on a set stimp then they need to adjust for that you know what I’m saying? Basically just for online play. Seems like most people pick 10.

Comment

• JakeGeezy
        JakeGeezy commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like the mevo+ read pretty well. What was your take on overall putting from Mevo+?

Very impressed. Especially considering this short setup of 7ft behind the ball and 10 ft to the screen. Shots are always spot on to my HD numbers within a few yards etc. Now they are fine tunning putting to be great. I can’t think of a LM that will be able to touch this for the price point and indoor/outdoor capability. I did a bunch of videos on my Chanel if you want to see more.

Comment

a98cr125 How was putting with the .08 firmware? I can't seem to get putting to working even remotely ok (E6 on iOS or TGC2019 on PC). All other clubs/shots are really good but putting would only get picked up maybe 1 out of 10 putts, if that.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
          GungHoGolf commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm still running .08, and have similar experience as you.

I was messing around with putting today with my mevo+ and was able to get probably 6 out of 10 to read. I even shortened the distance the ball would roll down to about 5 ft and still got about the same amount of putts being read. I found that getting my putter out of the way after the ball strike seemed to be key.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
          GungHoGolf commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope we won't have to alter our putting stroke for sim play

It seemed like moving the putter head out of the way was just for the really short slow putts I was trying. I have to come up with some sort of setup to place next to or on top of my outdoor mat so I was trying to find the shortest roll distance and still get a putt to read.

Comment

What if you used a larger ball, like a tennis ball or wiffle baseball to track putts? Does it need to be the size of a golf ball or just be able to distinguish between club and ball to track speed and direction on putting?

Comment

Working...
          X