Surface pro 7 with mevo+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface pro 7 with mevo+

I ordered a mevo+ the other day. I’m trying to decide on what I want to get to run the software. If I didn’t want to go the IOS route, would a surface pro 7 be enough to run everything or do I need to look at gaming laptops/PCs? Thanks

Originally posted by Sammirati View Post
    I ordered a mevo+ the other day. I’m trying to decide on what I want to get to run the software. If I didn’t want to go the IOS route, would a surface pro 7 be enough to run everything or do I need to look at gaming laptops/PCs? Thanks
    If you want the free E6 ranges and 5 courses that come with the E6 Mevo+ license, you need iOS.

If you want to pay the $300/600 annual fee for all the E6 courses and upgrades like online play, you need a gaming PC with dedicated graphics card or iOS (lower quality graphics on iOS).

If you want to use FS Golf app and FS Skills app, you need iOS to run both right now, FS Skills is iOS and Android now... FS Golf coming for android soon. I dont believe any apps will be available on Windows.

Surface pro is probably not a great option.

Comment

FlightScope apps (FS Golf and FS Skills) run only on iOS devices. Sim software (TGC19, E6 Connect) runs on gaming PCs (E6 Connect is iOS also). Running sim software on a Surface Pro 7 would probably be less than optimal.
      - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

• tonybrown32
        tonybrown32 commented
        Editing a comment
        FS Skills is working on android with Mevo+

• GungHoGolf
        GungHoGolf commented
        Editing a comment
        good to know, thanks

Okay great thank you

Comment

I'd love to know if anyone has tried running E6 on a surface and what that experience was like.

Comment

Originally posted by trumb1mj View Post
          I'd love to know if anyone has tried running E6 on a surface and what that experience was like.
          According to a quick bit of research, the top Surface Pro 7 uses the Intel Iris Plus 650 gpu, which is 5.5X slower than the GTX 1060, so likely wouldn't work great:

Based on 232,611 user benchmarks for the Intel Iris Plus 650 (Mobile Kaby Lake) and the Nvidia GTX 1660, we rank them both on effective speed and value for money against the best 714 GPUs.
          - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

• DS12
            DS12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is E6 just optimized for iOS to allow it to run on iPads? Or are the iPad graphics that much better?

• GungHoGolf
            GungHoGolf commented
            Editing a comment
            E6 Connect for iOS runs at 640x480 resolution - far inferior to the HD (1920 x 1080) or 4K graphics of E6 Connect on PC.
        Working...
        X