Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything else needed?

I'm hopefully a couple of weeks away from receiving my mevo+

I've the following outdoor set up (will be moved to the side garden eventually as I don't think the wife will allow it on the patio after winter

I'm not too fussed about a projector etc, happy to play on my iPad, and mainly wanting to use it for improving my distance control on wedges and working on shot shaping with irons.

I may potentially get the awesome golf as since having the cage up a few weeks both my wife and daughter have taken an interest so the awesome golf suite looks to be aimed more at the fun side of golf and the fs skills app and the basic range is enough for me.

Is there anything else essential for getting started? I've a pretty powerful iMac that I already have windows on via bootcamp so should be ok to play the awesome golf via that if needed.

Do people think the small lip from the fake grass to patio will affect readings? The setup guide says it allows 75mm difference in height from mevo to ball and from the grass to the surface of the hitting mat it's about 70mm. This gives me about 9ft ball to screen and 8ft mevo to ball.

I could turn the cage around if needed to have it all level except for a small rise for the mat. This would still give me 9ft ball flight and 8ft mevo to ball.

I've read 12ft is needed for higher ball speeds, my driver ball speed is about 170. Not ridiculous but probably higher than average. I can get the extra few ft by moving the mat outside the cage but then I have the worry of a misshit and explaining to the neighbours why there is a golf ball in their kitchen πŸ˜‚

Ps
    ​​​​The garden furniture will be moved
    Thanks

Average ball speed on the PGA Tour is just under 170. So if that's really your ball speed, you're well above "average." And I would say that 170 falls into Flightscope's definition of "higher" ball speeds.

May want to slap some foam padding over the metal bars on your enclosure. At least the ones where the screen is. That would be one heck of a bounce back if you were to crank one off one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by 3on3putt View Post
      Average ball speed on the PGA Tour is just under 170. So if that's really your ball speed, you're well above "average." And I would say that 170 falls into Flightscope's definition of "higher" ball speeds.

May want to slap some foam padding over the metal bars on your enclosure. At least the ones where the screen is. That would be one heck of a bounce back if you were to crank one off one of those.
      I recently had a driver fitting at tour X golf in Manchester and my speeds were around that on trackman.

Good point, I've put foam padding around the vertical pole on the right, will get the rest padded out next time I go out. Lockdown here at the moment in the UK

Comment

If you can get 13ft of ball flight, indoor mode can be used instead of short indoor.

FS suggested 7 ft Mevo+ to ball 13 ft to screen in indoor mode would be better than 8ft to ball at 12 ft to screen in indoor mode for my 20 ft of space.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor989 View Post
          If you can get 13ft of ball flight, indoor mode can be used instead of short indoor.

FS suggested 7 ft Mevo+ to ball 13 ft to screen in indoor mode would be better than 8ft to ball at 12 ft to screen in indoor mode for my 20 ft of space.
          Thanks, will definitely look at that. I have about 8m of space so I have more room if needed. Was thinking 10ft to keep me in the confines of the cage incase of miss hits.... But I've got loads of golf netting so could still move back further and use the netting as side netting when in use

Comment

• elli0t
            elli0t commented
            Editing a comment
            What did you end up doing? I'm currently considering 13ft ball flight also but worried about lob wedges
        Working...
        X