trying to install firmware 3.5.1.0 on Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to install firmware 3.5.1.0 on Windows 10

Trying to install this firmware.My unit came with 4.0.0.15 High speed shots are light on distance by a lot. I had my PX5 sim matched to the gc2 for my wedge to 7 iron. 7 irons would be within a few yards of each other. Take out the driver and the PX5 outdrives the GC2 by 30-50 yards. GC2 shows my 7 iron at 175 yard carry...... do you think that my driver is 210 yards? Even if I get my LA up to 15 degrees.... the most I can get out of the GC2 is 230 carry.

I have tried to install with and without BT connected. Connection fails every time.

Any help?

There are two drivers depending on if your unit has firmware before or after 4.0. If you have the wrong one, I don't think the GC2 will show up in device manager when you connect the USB cable. I think when it does show up, it is something that you wouldn't necessarily recognize, like NGLM. At least that's what is is with the older driver. I would start by seeing if it is there in device manager. You might also try a different USB cable and port on your computer. Bluetooth being connected should be irrelevant.

Comment

I figured it out. First you need to go the foresight's site and download the latest driver for the GC2. This allows 3.5.1.0 to be installed. When you get to this screen, click no. as you have updated

the installer already. Now your GC2 will connect with your win 10 computer. I will try 3.5.1.0 out tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GC2 firmware.PNG
Views:	455
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	121543

Comment

There is a difference between the 3.5.1 driver and the 4.x driver as andygg mentioned. Make sure you have the right one

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          My GC2 came with 4.0.0.15. It was suggested to me that I try 3.5.1. The PC wouldn't connect to the GC2. After updating the driver from Foresight's website, it connected and installed the 3.5.1. I hit a few balls last night and didn't see a difference. Going to the range today. It is hard to watch a drive carry 210 when it feels like 250+. Last week IRL, I carried some fairway bunkers. We don't know exactly where it landed as I lose sight of the ball before it lands on big drives. But I stood on the other side of the bunker and GPS said that it was 285 back to the tee. I live at 3500 feet, so that's about 5% more carry so at sea level, it would have been at least 270. It is very frustrating. I am patient and will give Foresight every opportunity to fix this. If they can't, they can return my money and I will buy another PX5.

• V8burble
          V8burble commented
          Editing a comment
          I use 4.0.0.15 and it works great. I wouldn't waste time troubleshooting this firmware, personally.

• eezetee
          eezetee commented
          Editing a comment
          I cannot comment much on the distance is I don't hit that far as yet. I do have friends that can and they feel hitting indoors has given them a feeling of concern so likely they aren't striking it as they normally would.

That said, I had some other issues with my initial setup that i've fixed
          1) Moving matt - This was a huge one. Incorrect reads
          2) Moving GC2 - Make it stable
          3) Indoor Swing Syndrome.

I haven't had to tape my clubs or use any special ball types.

Did you but it 2nd hand?

Are you concerned about the distance that is shown on the GC2 screen, the distance in TGC, or both? Have you tried putting your ball numbers into one of the software simulators like flightscope optimizer? It would be interesting to see what they say your carry should be. I remember that TGC used to have short carry distances with low spinning drives, but I thought that was fixed.

Comment

What are the numbers you are seeing on GC2 display? I've hit on several and have never seen anyone experience such a drop on a GC2, they are usually extremely accurate. Only issue I've ever seen is with extremely low spin and high launch conditions i've seen some shorter than usual. That, and people just having "indoor" issues with speed in general, but that shouldn't be an issue with you of course.

Comment

Did that..... Carry numbers on the GC2 screen are close to TGC. When I put the exact numbers into the optimizer, my GC2 carry is about 10 yards short.. I have registered ball speeds in the 170's before on a GC2. My longest carry at Golftown ever....was 308. My longest carry with this GC2 is 234. My current swing should be 155-165. Absolutely swinging out of my shoes, I might hit 150 on this GC2. I had my PX5 measuring the same ball as the GC2. Once ball speeds exceeded 120 mph, the two sims started to differ. With the driver, the GC2 was consistently 30-50 yards less carry than the PX5. I have played enough indoors that I do not have ISS ( Indoor Swing Syndrome). I find it odd that slower shots are accurate buy faster ball speeds are not. I am currently dealing with Foresight support. Hopefully they can fix this. This GC2 has my 7 iron carrying 175 on a well struck shot........ what's the chance that my driver only carries 220? Seems to go really far IRL.

Comment

post pictures of your numbers... funny when we use to play against eachother you were out driving me by 10+ yds... since I've got the gc2 it's been dead on...I have a buddy that's registered some 180+ ball speeds on it... we set it up on a par 5 at our club and it's extremely accurate
              I'd be curious to see your numbers on these 210 carry drives... you hit 5i that far don't you?

Comment

Can you post a video with you hitting 5 shots with a 7 iron and 5 shots with a driver in a row. Might be able to help you with the numbers. 30-50 yard gap is a big diffference with driver. I honestly do feel gc2 is very accurate. I'm not sure with your px5 if you can boost your distances on tgc but if you can maybe that's where the problem is. Looking forward to a video with those numbers with the iron and driver. Looks like the pitching is very accurate on your videos.

Comment

• keither5150
                  keither5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  video below. Yeah, it's accurate until ball speeds go past 120 mph....IMO

it was mentioned somewhere before that you should raise the gc2 an inch or two above your hitting surface. i think that was dealing more with spin issues but it can't hurt to try. you could also take your gc2 to golftown and ask them to let you compare your gc2 to theirs just to rule out the possibility that something in your sim room is interfering with your gc2.

Comment

Inorkuo.. I have my GC2 on the same level as the hitting mat. Have you noticed any difference with the 2 setups?

Comment

• inorkuo
                    inorkuo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mine has always been in the metal cradle which puts it about an inch higher already so I don't know what it does when its level. Seems to be accurate for me though.

OP.. do you see differences in ball speed or spin with the driver on the GC2. I recently switched over from SkyTrak to GC2 & they are really about the same. Both monitors are very accurate in my experience. GC2 is a little more sim friendly but as a straight up LM it tracks my game pretty spot on. YMMV.
                  Are you sure your previous system was operating properly? Just a thought

Comment

this is a great example of the high launch low spin issue...the gc2 is a bit generous on these...post some pictures similar to this and some of us will be able to explain the issue

I'm running the latest firmware as well and never had a single issue...it reads my push slices far to accurately

Comment

Currently IRL I am hitting my 5 iron about 200. I have changed my swing a little and am not hitting down on the ball as much. I am also not swinging as hard. I don't think that my 5 iron is reaching 200 with this GC2. My 7 iron is carrying about 180 IRL..... so about 170 with the GC2. IRL, I carry 250+ with my driver. and 175ish with my 7 iron. Why is it that my real life game is close ( within 5% because of elevation) up to the 7 iron. I feel that the driver is a good 30 yards short.

A few things that concern me are Sometimes crazy high spin with my driver....close to 4000 rpm. When I test drove the driver at golftown, my average spin was 2100 or so. I might have had one that hit close to 3000 rpm. Ball speeds at Golftown with the driver was 155-165 Low spin with my irons????. My 7 iron at golf town usually is 6500-8000 rpm if I keep the speed close to 120 or more. When I had a Skytrak in my basement, my 8 iron was getting around 8000rpm.

So my 7 iron is carrying 170 ish with this GC2..... what is the chance that my driver is only carrying 60 yards further. IRL life, my driver carries more than 100 yards further than my 7 iron.

I am using a combination of Taylormade Project A's and Rocketballz. My mat at home is fiberbuilt. Range numbers are pretty similar to numbers at home.

Both times that I have had it at the range. I was hitting into a 1 or 2 club wind. Since the range numbers are the same as at home, we can rule out mat or lighting issues. I even tried hitting with the GC2 between me and the ball...... At this point I am grasping at straws.

On the bright side, my new furthest carry is about 243 So after I add my 5% for elevation that would bring my carry to about 255 here. Last week, I verified, with GPS, a carry in excess of 285. And that was not my best drive of the day. At the range today, I had a few drives that were probably better than that one. Yet, the GC2 never hit the 240 mark. It's not grossly short.

Since the start I had all my clubs match my local distance with my PX5. Then , not so long ago, I took 5% off my driver to match it close to sea level. ( mostly because of tournament play) I still like to have my irons match my local distance.... who wouldn't? My driver now is about 20% light of real life carry at my altitude. If I can't figure out how to get to within 5% of real life distances, it will be going back and I will buy another PX5. I really think that there is something wrong with it..... look at my first shot in the video. That should have been a baby draw....(lefty here ) and it was a huge pull. My pulls do not look like that IRL. My worst pulls move about 1/2 that much left to right. Many times the GC2 will exaggerate the left to right on pulls.

I appreciate anyone who looks at the video and welcome your opinions. If you all think that I have the worse case of ISS that the golf world has ever seen....so be it.

Comment

• Brettskermetzger
                        Brettskermetzger commented
                        Editing a comment
                        to me everything makes sense here...you're more consistently around 113 bs with that 7i and a carry of 160ish not 170ish...also your spin numbers are super super low for that 7i... I'm sure you're aware of the 1k spin per number on your club...so you're looking at being closer to 7k but I didn't see any of those crack 5k

as for the driver it looks like you might want to spray the face with footpowder and check your strike...but it's not far off

honestly it seems like your old system gave you false expectations...I mean you were out driving me on that thing but gc2 shows quite a different story

one thing I will say is the one time I played tgc on my gc2 tgc wasn't really close in terms of carry yardages matching...I couldn't get the driver over 300yds even though gc2 was reading over 300 carry and my skytrak I was hitting 300+ drives on

anyway good luck

• keither5150
                        keither5150 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I made the video after coming home from hitting two buckets of balls..... 1/2 of them with the driver. Being 50 years old, I am very sore right now. The other night I was getting 118-123 with my 7 iron. I should have waited until Sunday but I am excited to get this GC2 working more accurately.

Let's compare it to real life. It is hard to tell how far one carries their driver because ....way out there it is hard to see where it lands. Last year I had about 1/4 to 1/3 of my drives finish over 300. At 3500 feet, I would have to take about 5% off to match what I would hit at sea level. Hardly the 230 yard average I am seeing with my GC2. And I have hit on Golftown's GC2 plenty......every year when I check to see if it is worth it to buy a new driver. The longest carry I have ever had at Golftown was 308. If I had to guess at my local carry.... it would be 260-280 when well struck.

I have changed my swing quite a bit. Not trying to take the skin off the ball every time. Trying to draw the ball every time with 80% swing speed. At my elevation, if I want to carry 180, I hit a 7 iron.

As for the spin, that is also weird. At golftown when I hit in the 120's with my 7 iron, I get about 6k spin. I had a ST at my house a while back and was getting consistently over 7 k with my 7 iron.

I was out driving you when I had my system to match local conditions. Since March or so, I have set my driver to match sea level.... not my 3500 feet.
                        The GC2 should be within 5% of what I hit here at my local course. It is not. I am trying to find an answer. I have hit farther on other GC2's in the past. Maybe a leprechaun has been running out into the fairway and kicking my ball another 40-50 yards down the fairway. That's about as likely as me carrying 220 when the ball is well struck.

Brett what is the difference in ball speed between your 7 iron and driver? 20 mph? In the past my difference has been 40mph +

On the bright side, it picks up my draws quite nicely.....Okay.... I pushed a few to the left.

Comment

Working...
                      X