Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @braycobb (NET) and @beau lester (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Masters Tournament with 3 rounds at Magnolia National 2016 (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ers-tournament
See more
See less

blutetooth on gc2 not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blutetooth on gc2 not working?

hey all,

so i tried to play tgc tonight, but realized something was wrong when in gsx "connected" was not showing up for both incoming and outgoing.
    then, i realized, my bluetooth is not working, so my computer won't even detect it. then, i tried to connect via bluetooth on my phone to make sure it wasn't a computer issue, and the gc2 won't show up on my phone either.

i had no bluetooth connection issues even up until last night.

any suggestions??? this is driving me nuts

It’s a program. Run the file, pick your os and run it. Changing firmware wont help Bluetooth
    My Courses:
    Weston G&CC by mthunt RCR
    London Hunt Club L mthunt RCR
    Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L RCR
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L RCR
    Twin Peaks Desert Fictional
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR) RCR
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L RCR
    National GC of Canada RCR
    Mississaugua G&CC mthunt RCR
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range Fictional
    The Meadows 5047 mthunt Fictional

Comment

Can anyone help please?

My GC2 will not connect to FSX2018 or TGC2019 via Bluetooth. The Bluetooth devices list on my Windows 10 PC shows the GC2 as being paired. The GC2 also appears in the list of devices within FSX2019 but when I click to connect it I just get a ‘failed to connect’ message.

I want to run TGC2019 which only works on Bluetooth but GSX shows that the input (which I assume is the GC2) is not connected despite the PC showing GC2 as paired. The GC2 works fine with FSX using a USB cable.

i have tried taking the GC2 from its metal protection case and moving the PC so it’s only a few inches from GC2 but it will still not connect. There are no error messages on the ‘about’ screen of the GC2.

I’ve tried everything I can think of except replacing the USB dongle/adaptor which runs the keyboard and mouse and the GC2 pairing. When I remove the dongle, the GC2 is immediately disconnected in paired BT devices screen. I’m sceptical that replacing the dongle would achieve anything.

I would welcome some advice. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsfdotcom View Post
        Can anyone help please?

My GC2 will not connect to FSX2018 or TGC2019 via Bluetooth. The Bluetooth devices list on my Windows 10 PC shows the GC2 as being paired. The GC2 also appears in the list of devices within FSX2019 but when I click to connect it I just get a ‘failed to connect’ message.

I want to run TGC2019 which only works on Bluetooth but GSX shows that the input (which I assume is the GC2) is not connected despite the PC showing GC2 as paired. The GC2 works fine with FSX using a USB cable.

i have tried taking the GC2 from its metal protection case and moving the PC so it’s only a few inches from GC2 but it will still not connect. There are no error messages on the ‘about’ screen of the GC2.

I’ve tried everything I can think of except replacing the USB dongle/adaptor which runs the keyboard and mouse and the GC2 pairing. When I remove the dongle, the GC2 is immediately disconnected in paired BT devices screen. I’m sceptical that replacing the dongle would achieve anything.

I would welcome some advice. Thanks.
        So this used to work and suddenly stopped? Have you tried connecting to a Iphone or ipad or other device? I'd start there. If it will it's settings, if not bluetooth is shot.
        My Courses:
        Weston G&CC by mthunt RCR
        London Hunt Club L mthunt RCR
        Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L RCR
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L RCR
        Twin Peaks Desert Fictional
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR) RCR
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L RCR
        National GC of Canada RCR
        Mississaugua G&CC mthunt RCR
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range Fictional
        The Meadows 5047 mthunt Fictional

Comment

Thanks for response mthunt, much appreciated

I’ve only just got TGC19 and prior to that I always connected my GC2 with FSX18 using a USB cable. As you know TGC only works on BT so the BT connection problem has only just become evident.

Both my iPad and Iphone can ‘see’ and connect the FSX Mobile app to my GC2 so it seems that the problem lies in the Internal BT ‘adaptor’ in my Windows 10 PC.

Since my previous post I have discovered following extensive research on this forum that many people have had similar Win10 BT problems with GC2 and there are several recommendations to buy an ASUS BT400 dongle. ‘GoldenSim’ who wrote extensively on the problem also suggested an ‘active’ USB cable to get the dongle closer to the GC2. He also suggested other tweaks to the Windows 10 OS which I have implemented.

I will not receive the dongle and cable until next week (AMAZON) but I am hopeful that together they will resolve the problem. I will post on here either way.

Finally a shout out to GoldenSim who very obviously put a good deal of effort into sharing the benefits of his experience, I’m very grateful to him.

Comment

Working...
          X