Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering TGC from Skytrak to GC2

Hi everyone

I just recently moved my TGC license from the skytrak to the gc2 and I thought it might be helpful if I made a post of the steps I took. The information is in the forum, but is spread out through a lot of threads.

You will need two license keys. One for the protee interface and one for the TGC program

Ok, first download the protee interface -

Install the protee interface and launch it, Click on Enter License Key and the next screen will show the machine id. Copy that number down

Contact Pro Tee customer support and request a license key for the protee interface, include the machine id that you copied from the interface.
    (you can try and request the TGC license at the same time, I didn't do this, but they might send both)

Launch the protee interface again and enter the license key they sent you.

Download the gsx interface - http://golf.symftp.net/download/gswebsetup.exe. Run the program and install the gsx program.

Now go to Foresight section of the forum and click on the sticky GC2 GSX and Pro Tee Interface setup for TGC and follow those directions exactly

Once you are able to connect both programs, launch the TGC program and paste the TGC license key into the license section and activate it.

It should read (Pro Tee) behind your name in the license section once its complete.

That should be it

If I missed anything, or anyone has suggestions, please feel free to add your feedback

Thanks again to Pro Tee and everyone on the forum for all of their help

I just sent the email to ProTee with my machine ID requesting a key for the interface and one for TGC.

While I wait for a response........ Do I really need to:

Download the gsx interface - http://golf.symftp.net/download/gswebsetup.exe. Run the program and install the gsx program.

Don't I already have this with sky track? Am I just changing the Key number in this from the one I used for Skytrak to the new GC2 key ????

Comment

• captnkrusty
      captnkrusty commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you will need to download and run the GSX program. My understanding for how the process works is the Skytrak does not use the gsx program, it has its own separate interface with the TGC program.

The GSX program takes the information from the gc2 and communicates with the protee interface, which is then seen in the TGC software. (or something like that )

So the programs needed for gc2 are protee interface, gsx interface and then TGC.

Ok, I re read your questions.

Remember that the two license keys are separate. One is for the protee interface program. That is the machine id number you sent to protee. Once you receive it, launch the protee program, click on enter license key and cut and paste the number that protee sends to you.

Once you have the protee interface and gsx software working together, you will launch the TGC program and put in your new TGC license key. This one replaces the one associatiated with your Skytrak

Comment

• StanMI
      StanMI commented
      Editing a comment
      And how will the Interface/GSX software/TGC program recognize/work with the GC2 unit ??? Is that Bluetooth (I'll have to pair the GC2 with the computer), or will it automatically pick it up through the USB cable ??

Now go to Foresight section of the forum and click on the sticky GC2 GSX and Pro Tee Interface setup for TGC and follow those directions exactly

Comment

Just got my GC2 the other day and followed the setup instructions and was hitting balls in 20 minutes. The only confusing part was getting the Comm 4 selected as I believe it only showed through Comm 3, use the arrow on right side and you can then select the Comm 4. I have enjoyed the two rounds I played this weekend as the GC2/TGC combo is very good.

Comment

Dam....... Maybe I'm making more out of this then it really is...... I just read through 10 pages of how to connect and I see now I also need a USB Bluetooth adapter dongle...... Is this only needed if the GC2 is located away from the computer being used to run TGC ???? If I need one, which one do I need. I see a reference to post #62 where it says you need it but there is no mention of which one.

And, It looks like the USB cable is not used at all for the connection. Is that correct ?

Comment

• andygg1986
          andygg1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          You may be able to get away with the internal Bluetooth but an adapter on a usb extension cable right next to the GC2 is going to be the most reliable. The Asus BT400 is recommended somewhere on here. The USB is not used for TGC, only for foresight software

Up and running !!!!! Played a few holes on TGC. Should be a scratch golfer in just a few more days............ NOT!!!!!

Thanks to all who helped and thanks to ProTee !! I'm sure I'll be back with more question but for now...... FORE!!!!!

Comment

Congrats Stan! I played dumb with Protee (I can be very convincing) and they hooked me up. Loving the gc2. You will too.

Comment

• wbond
            wbond commented
            Editing a comment
            Gary, now that you've switched, how much better do you think the short game is playing on the GC2 vs the ST? Do you think that the HLA is much better represented on the GC2? Did you experience many short chips jumping offline on the ST and if so, are those now gone? How do you think the driver carry is from GC2 to ST?
            Last edited by wbond; 02-14-2018, 04:32 PM.

Awesome! Hope you love it

Comment

Did you have to pay any additional license fees to either TGC or protee for the conversion? I currently have a ST, plus TGC (paid in full license). With a GC2, would I still need an annual license (like Skytrak's 99 or 199 per year) to use the machine, and can I play it offline? Currently with the Skytrak, you can't use it unless you are hooked up to the internet with a valid annual subscription. Thx

Comment

• Jwheels9876
              Jwheels9876 commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't have to pay to transfer it to GC2. You're not switching ownership so should be no charge.
              Once you get GC2 there is no more annual fees to pay unless you're renting software such as E6,JNPG, etc...

You can play THE 15 or so courses included in the base game offline. All others need internet access to play.

• druid68
              druid68 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the information

• captnkrusty
              captnkrusty commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope, there were not any transfer fees to convert your license from skytrak to ProTee. Also, once you convert your license to the GC2 you do not have to subscribe to the Skytrak yearly programs anymore.

Well I just took the plunge. Looking forward to getting it going when it arrives.

Comment

• captnkrusty
              captnkrusty commented
              Editing a comment
              Sweet!!! I hope you enjoy it

• StanMI
              StanMI commented
              Editing a comment
              You will love it!!

Thanks for this useful thread as I am considering buying a GC2 and also TGC.

If there is no transfer fee of TGC from SkyTrak to GC2, couldn't you just buy the perpetual license for $795 for your SkyTrak and then transfer the license over to GC2 (vs. TGC costing $995 if you directly buy for GC2)?

Comment

Transferred my license over to my new gc2 a few days ago. I just emailed protee a copy of my tgc receipt from skytrak along with my machine id and they quickly replied back with 2 new license keys. One for the tgc software and one for the protee interface.

Took a little while to get everything working right but it wasnt too bad. Just followed the instructions.

Had trouble with the outgoing serial port for the Bluetooth as mine was com 5 and it only shows 1,2, and 3. Someone said they were able to put com 5 in manually but I just erased all Bluetooth devices from my computer which changed the outgoing com port for the gc2 to com 3.

Also remember to select "use the golf club" on both the protee interface and gsx.

The other weird thing was launching the tgc program. The "start game" icon showed an x on it and it wouldnt let me start the game. Then i read somewhere that you have to hit the "start server" icon next to the "start game" icon. I never had to do that with Skytrak. Once i hit the "start server" icon, the "start game" icon became available and I was able to click on it and start tgc.

Other than that it was pretty staight forward.

Comment

• andygg1986
                andygg1986 commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad you got it working. In case windows changes your com port numbers (mine does a couple times a year for no apparent reason) to one higher than 3, you can actually scroll down the list. It is hard to see but there is a scroll bar on the right. I think you can also use the down arrow.

Would this inhibit selling the game later?

Comment

• wontonoodlesoup
                wontonoodlesoup commented
                Editing a comment
                Do these instructions also work for TGC2019 to switch the Skytrak to the GC2?
            Working...
            X