Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Bradford (NET and GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - World Golf Championship, and @Abirdie4me (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - Barracuda Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - PGA Championship with 3 rounds at Lunenberg National Golf Club (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...a-championship
See more
See less

Good camera for Foresight FSX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good camera for Foresight FSX

Hi guys,

i know there a many posts, but im looking for something special.
    I'm playing with GC2+HMT and FSX for training mode.
    In FSX you can easy add a USB camera - tried it with a normal USB webcam.

I want a camera with the following specs:
    - min 120 fps
    - for front view
    - working with FSX
    - distance ball <-> camera 2.7 yards / 2.5 meters
    - pricy <500
    Would be nice if i dont have to start the camera and activate slow motion function.
    Will be great if i start the computer and the camera works immediately without pushing any button (-:

Thanks for help!!
    Philip

I am looking for the exact same thing, please let me know if you find anything.

Thank you

Comment

Would also like to know which camera is best used with FSX 2018

Comment

I've tried various cameras trying to do the same thing.
        In the end, I compromised with a cheap one from China.
        640x480 @ 100fps.
        FSX recognises it and I don't need any setup - it just works when I load FSX.
        The picture is clear enough in the window FSX displays, and it works reasonably well in my semi dark room.
        Best part of all, it cost under £40!

I'm sure there are much better / clearer / slower cameras out there... but if you're looking for bang for buck - this is a winner.
        Once FSX2018 adds the 2 camera support (coming soon apparently), then I'll buy a second one.

Comment

Does it actually record at 100fps in FSX? I have a Logitech Brio which technically can do 90fps but have never gotten it to do more than 31fps in FSX.

Comment

• p3eps
            p3eps commented
            Editing a comment
            The camera must be set to default at 100fps.
            I had a Logitech capable of 60fps, but would only do 30fps. FSX uses the default resolution, and most webcams are defaulted to their highest at 30fps.

I bought one of these cheap cameras and had the same issue. I then contacted the manufacturer asking if they could make me one that defaults at 640x480 @ 100fps... which they did.

How do you get that camera? (@p3eps). Thanks.

Comment

• p3eps
            p3eps commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I linked it in my build thread. I don’t have a link just now, but I could probably find it later. It was from eBay.

• p3eps
            p3eps commented
            Editing a comment
            https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...lator-uk/page2

Post number 28 has a link to the eBay seller.
            Contact them in advance and tell them that you need the camera set to default at 100fps. I know the auction says 120fps, but they can only do it to 100fps default for some reason.
            The contact I spoke to was called Queena, and was very helpful.

Can you use a GoPro? I believe they can stream using several platforms. Would be under $500 and the Hero 6 will do 240FPS at 1080.

Comment

• p3eps
            p3eps commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried a GoPro and a Sony ‘action cam’, but neither worked. You can’t default them to 240fps anyway. FSX won’t let you change any options... it simply chooses the default setting.

I purchased a couple of the cameras similar to post 6.2 above. I am in the US. Can I download software to default these cameras to 640 x 480 with 120fps as the default, or do I need to contact the manufacturer?

Comment

• p3eps
            p3eps commented
            Editing a comment
            It needs to be done by the manufacturer I’m afraid. Also, make sure you pay extra and get a housing for them (about £3)... otherwise you just get a circuit board!

Was wondering if there is a way to link your iphone to the software , they seem to have great cameras in them that work good with slow motion!

Comment

Working...
          X