Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good camera for Foresight FSX

Hi guys,

i know there a many posts, but im looking for something special.
    I'm playing with GC2+HMT and FSX for training mode.
    In FSX you can easy add a USB camera - tried it with a normal USB webcam.

I want a camera with the following specs:
    - min 120 fps
    - for front view
    - working with FSX
    - distance ball <-> camera 2.7 yards / 2.5 meters
    - pricy <500
    Would be nice if i dont have to start the camera and activate slow motion function.
    Will be great if i start the computer and the camera works immediately without pushing any button (-:

Thanks for help!!
    Philip

I am looking for the exact same thing, please let me know if you find anything.

Thank you

Comment

Would also like to know which camera is best used with FSX 2018

Comment

I've tried various cameras trying to do the same thing.
        In the end, I compromised with a cheap one from China.
        640x480 @ 100fps.
        FSX recognises it and I don't need any setup - it just works when I load FSX.
        The picture is clear enough in the window FSX displays, and it works reasonably well in my semi dark room.
        Best part of all, it cost under £40!

I'm sure there are much better / clearer / slower cameras out there... but if you're looking for bang for buck - this is a winner.
        Once FSX2018 adds the 2 camera support (coming soon apparently), then I'll buy a second one.

Comment

Does it actually record at 100fps in FSX? I have a Logitech Brio which technically can do 90fps but have never gotten it to do more than 31fps in FSX.

Comment

• p3eps
            p3eps commented
            Editing a comment
            The camera must be set to default at 100fps.
            I had a Logitech capable of 60fps, but would only do 30fps. FSX uses the default resolution, and most webcams are defaulted to their highest at 30fps.

I bought one of these cheap cameras and had the same issue. I then contacted the manufacturer asking if they could make me one that defaults at 640x480 @ 100fps... which they did.

• bearsmetal
            bearsmetal commented
            Editing a comment
            When you got the new camera did it work better? I didn't see this post before I ordered mine and I am only getting 30 fps too.

• nicu2001
            nicu2001 commented
            Editing a comment
            The cheap webcams work but are not great quality. I wish the brio could be defaulted to 100 somehow

How do you get that camera? (@p3eps). Thanks.

Comment

Can you use a GoPro? I believe they can stream using several platforms. Would be under $500 and the Hero 6 will do 240FPS at 1080.

Comment

• p3eps
            p3eps commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried a GoPro and a Sony ‘action cam’, but neither worked. You can’t default them to 240fps anyway. FSX won’t let you change any options... it simply chooses the default setting.

I purchased a couple of the cameras similar to post 6.2 above. I am in the US. Can I download software to default these cameras to 640 x 480 with 120fps as the default, or do I need to contact the manufacturer?

Comment

• p3eps
            p3eps commented
            Editing a comment
            It needs to be done by the manufacturer I’m afraid. Also, make sure you pay extra and get a housing for them (about £3)... otherwise you just get a circuit board!

Was wondering if there is a way to link your iphone to the software , they seem to have great cameras in them that work good with slow motion!

Comment

Has anyone had any joy with the PS3 camera with fsx 2018? I've got the camera installed in windows ok and can see the video ok in other apps but it doesn't appear in the pull down list in the cameras section in fsx.. any ideas?

Comment

Foresight official website recommended camera, frame number 120 frames, resolution 620 * 420, camera from Germany, The imaging source, belongs to industrial cameras, transmission data for usb3.0 configured fisheye wide-angle lens, can shoot in the range of about 2 feet Throughout the swing action, this camera was first used on the gc2k all-in-one device to capture the swing motion. The friends who have contacted should know that gc2k is also a good product, but because there are some shortcomings, it is like launching early. The gc2T is finally kicked out of the foresight family by forsight. Later, because the price of the camera is relatively high, the purchase cost of the customer will increase. Foresight has launched any usb-driven camera to make it easier for users to get the swing motion playback. Currently, it is still recommended as a recommended camera in the fsx2018 installation and installation program. Therefore, regarding camera selection, you can also decide according to the actual situation.

Comment

p3eps Have you tried your $40 camera with FSX 2018? I contacted the ebay seller you liked to and asked them to default it to the lower resolution and higher frame rate, but it still shows up as 30fps at 1080p in FSX 2018. I can't tell for sure what the default is to know if they actually set it.

Comment

• p3eps
                  p3eps commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, but I’m FSX2018 you can actually choose the resolution - which defaults to the highest. Just drop it down from the pick list.

I have two of those cameras working with fsx2018
                640x480 100fps ish...depends on lighting.

Comment

• andygg1986
                  andygg1986 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When you first bring up the camera, does it show up as 640x480? Or do you change the resolution and then get the higher frame rate?

Yes mine defaulted to 640x480 straight from the off.
                whicj is what I wanted for that price point
                they do 1080p &30 FPS but bit blurry,
                If we start to use the cameras more will upgrade to the IDS.

Comment

• StanMI
                  StanMI commented
                  Editing a comment
                  did you just order them or contact them first and have the lower resolution set as the default ??? If you did not contact them are you able to raise and lower the resolution ??? (hope that makes sense.)

• vrpunk
                  vrpunk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Make contact first, but Queenie basically sent me a link and said put the default settings required in the message.

In case anyone else runs into this, my problem was that I had the exposure setting for the camera in FSX set to auto. Since my room is pretty dark, it was doing a long exposure to get enough light, but that was limiting the frame rate to 30fps. Coincidentally, that is the frame rate for 1080p, which is why I thought maybe the camera was setup wrong. I cranked up the gain and brightness, but I think I will still need to add some lighting if I'm going to be able to see anything well at 100fps.

Comment

• StanMI
                  StanMI commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I missed it somewhere sorry, but, what camera are you using ??

• FaultyClubs
                  FaultyClubs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, auto exposure can trip you up. We've all been there.

These small sensors definitely need a lot of light...I can have office level brightness which allows me to reduce exposure enough to see the club but then it's a rolling shutter so of limited use anyway due to distortion.

I'm waiting for my cheap($85) global shutter camera to arrive, it supposedly does true 120 fps at 720p and is uvc compliant. It'll need similar amount of light but be a little faster at 120fps, higher resolution and of course has the global shutter.
                  Last edited by FaultyClubs; 01-25-2019, 05:09 AM.

• andygg1986
                  andygg1986 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m using the same $40 eBay camera from post 6.2 above. I asked Queena for the settings to be set to default to 640x480 but initially it kept going to 1920x1080 due to exposure time being limited to 30fps
              Working...
              X