Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @shank12u (NET) and @Randy (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - QBE Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Christmas Invitational with 2 rounds at The Walker Course Pro Tee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-invitational
See more
See less

FSX 2018 is very good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX 2018 is very good

I got FSX 2018 yesterday. I am very new to FSX, but I can say for sure the graphics difference from FSX to FSX 2018 is huge. I was not impressed with the graphics in the old version. I even own the expensive courses, and the graphics were marginal. FSX 2018 is a huge difference in the graphics quality! I would say the included courses graphics are about as good as TGC, and the expensive courses look even better than TGC. I am extremely impressed with the graphics quality with FSX 2018. I have not spent enough time to tell you about other features added or upgraded.

Could you possibly post some videos of the new graphics with the courses you've picked up?

How was the putting feature?

Comment

Originally posted by BWJones View Post
      I got FSX 2018 yesterday. I am very new to FSX, but I can say for sure the graphics difference from FSX to FSX 2018 is huge. I was not impressed with the graphics in the old version. I even own the expensive courses, and the graphics were marginal. FSX 2018 is a huge difference in the graphics quality! I would say the included courses graphics are about as good as TGC, and the expensive courses look even better than TGC. I am extremely impressed with the graphics quality with FSX 2018. I have not spent enough time to tell you about other features added or upgraded.
      Exactly what I'm looking for .a new video of the courses

Comment

Better be, for the outrageous upgrade fee--500 after owning the product? This works out to 10%/year. Basically, a recurring revenue model like JNPG, except with a huge upfront cost like you own it. Well, you do.... Until we decide to turn off the ability to buy new courses, etc.

I always thought that FSX had a ton of potential. Still, $500 is a big nut to simply pay for graphics that they should have had already. Graphics on FSX were 8-10 years behind many other the other platforms.

Way too much money to pay them for something they were screwing us with in the first place. If they at least threw a couple of courses in with it, I could somewhat see it. But this? They're simply getting while the getting is good (e.g. before some competition finally gets their act together to face them).

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4t8lQTwfcE

Here is the promo video Foresight sent me. Looks almost the same!

Comment

• AshBN123
            AshBN123 commented
            Editing a comment
            Doesn't look too markedly different from before. Foiliage isn't that dense either it looks better though but that maybe because they're using the latest course models from FSX pre 2018. Looked like Pebble Beach there + one or two others

I don’t have anything that would do a good video, unless my phone will. I will look at videos and also see if I can get some good pictures to share today. I am what I would call a “video snob” and am very picky about video clarity and resolution. This is a huge improvement over FSX in my opinion. Also note, I am running 1240 x 1080 resolution, and it looks good. I was considering upgrading to a 4K projector to double the resolution, but I now feel it is not necessary.

Comment

If you have an NVidia video card they have a video recorder built into it that does full resolution. Just hit Alt-Z I think it is to bring up the menu. It may require geforce experience though, not sure.

Comment

Also, I think windows 10 has it built in. Might be like the windows key and G for gaming features.

Comment

I would have a hard time giving them any money at this point even with how badly FSX need the graphics upgrade.

When I had to pay $110 for shipping for my almost new gc2 that had the main board fail. They asked in the email to send it in the original box. My wife had called and complained about the fact we had to cover shipping for a failure under warranty. The rep told her he would get me two courses to make up for it. I received my gc2 with loose bubble wrap in the box I bought to protect the original box. With no original box to be found. I emailed support with no responses. I emailed my rep about it and the courses with no responses.

They won't deal with my issues after purchasing but will gladly send me promotional emails trying to get me to spend even more money.

And the fact that they don't just except cc on their website so that they can avoid charge backs most likely is amazing in this day and age.

Set your prices in the open and let me buy it with out calling you. And stick to your words.

Sorry for the rant..

Comment

No need to apologize for the rant! Look at it this way, those 2 courses they were going to send you are worthless now anyways..........They act like $500 is no bid deal. We should be thankful to pay it if we already own the software that was supposed to deliver.

Comment

sigh..... so will they keep supporting the old fsx live and the old version of fsx or do I have a worthless license that is crippled?

Comment

I’ve had another response stating that FSX (original) is still supported and they will still be performing bug fixes - but it won’t be developed any further.
                      I’ve reported loads of bugs over the last 18months of using FSX, and they haven’t had any of them fixed!! Why would they fix them now?

I can’t imagine the FSX2018 situation being any different - in that the same bugs are probably present and will never be resolved.

I think 2 monitor support would be pretty cool as I could hopefully have the HMT data on a second screen all the time... but I wouldn’t want to pay $500 for that.

Comment

No more updates for FSX, just bug fixes if necessary. It can still be played, but never will see any improvements graphically or interface related. So yes, a somewhat worthless license especially if you were trying to sell it. But now for a limited time, you can get FSX 2018 for only $500 if you currently own the now worthless FSX. Also, if you act fast, you can get all 3 of the Pebble courses for $1K, which won't last long because it will be back to the MSRP of $1500. Don't forget zombies or roulette for $500 per as well.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	69732FF8-AA0B-4B44-BCE1-3CC0794487C9.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	145593Click image for larger version

Name:	B54DF7A1-22C5-4D4B-AB88-96452ECAD3E7.jpeg
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	145592Click image for larger version

Name:	091B2ECF-1D83-47F5-ADA2-37A048703ACA.jpeg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	145591 Here are a couple of pics from Pebble Beach on my sim running at 1280 x 1024. The textures and details are very nice. Sand rake lines, tree bark, waves, water, etc. are all well done.

Comment

Do you think that looks better than TGC?

Comment

• StanMI
                              StanMI commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hmmmm. I want to say yes because I know how much if cost........ but..........

I just played PB on TGC....... looked very nice !
                          Working...
                          X