Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

FSX 2018 bug and request thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX 2018 bug and request thread

It's been a month or so now since i decided to upgrade my FSX version to 2018. The pain of shelling out £500 ($645!) has now subsided, but i am left feeling disappointed that despite the marginal improvement in graphics it's not a lot different to FSX 2017. It's certainly not worth the money in my opinion, but i had hoped further updates would follow quickly and i would change my mind. Here's hoping. Anyway in the interim i thought i'd start an FSX 2018 bug/request list thread. Please feel free to add.

I am running version 5.0.1.2 which as far as i understand is the latest version.

Bugs

1. FSX often crashes when you choose the "Delete all" option to remove past shot data
    2. It doesn't always automatically remember my quad connection, so i often have to go into devices and re-connect.
    3. There is no option to "remember" your FSX live login. It used to be there on FSX 2017
    4. Playing on-line, often doesn't work or connect to servers when recording your shots in nearest the pin compeition etc.
    5. Playing on-line against others. Does it even work? I've never been able to see a game, or host a game on 2017 or 2018.
    6. If i tap the ball maybe a few centimetres at address if sometimes registers it as a shot (arghhhhhhhh , forgot to enable mulligans). Surely an option to ignore ball movements under a certain distance can't be too difficult to implement.
    7. UK customers don't get offered the same course bundle deals that are available in the US. And why is your exchange rate £1-1$. The pound isn't that weak -yet !

That's it for now. I'm sure i'll have plenty more to add.

Appreciate the update!

Comment

For #2, your quad needs to be on and connected before you start fsx for ti to work every time.

I mentined #3 but got no response. I’m guessing they don’t want all your data auto uploaded to their servers.

#6 is the quad, not the software. If you want to move the ball, I learned to block the path with the club and move it. If it’s by accident, we’ll yeah, that stinks. That happened to me a couple times on the skills challenge in the past, which really sucks but hasn’t happened lately. Are you on the latest quad firmware?

Comment

GC2 does not register shots when FSX is on (Connection is fine). GC2 works perfectly fine if not connected with FSX2018?

Comment

Simulator Setup Tool does not produce proper changes of offset if DX value gets changed. I see no changes (no offset) for any value of DX from 0 to 4.99 feet. For values from 5.00 and more I get a pretty big offset of about 5 feet. In between the offset seems not to get influenced by the changed DX values. (Yes, I restarted FSX, even rebooted and ran the tool in Admin mode).

Comment

Originally posted by Baller View Post
            For #2, your quad needs to be on and connected before you start fsx for ti to work every time.

I mentined #3 but got no response. I’m guessing they don’t want all your data auto uploaded to their servers.

#6 is the quad, not the software. If you want to move the ball, I learned to block the path with the club and move it. If it’s by accident, we’ll yeah, that stinks. That happened to me a couple times on the skills challenge in the past, which really sucks but hasn’t happened lately. Are you on the latest quad firmware?
            #2 is still hit a miss (pun intended), following the upgrade to the September 2018 version of FSX

#6 Yes, but i'm suggesting they tweak the software to ignore the quad data under certain conditions (i.e. an user defined option)

Comment

• Baller
              Baller commented
              Editing a comment
              If #2 is an issue, there is something in your setup creating it. I always start my quad, wait for itt o be ready and then start FSX.Although, I do have it connected via Ethernet, which I’ve found most stable.

I agree, that would be a nice feature for #6. I really do appreciate how sensitive the quad is in recognizing shots, especially after using that ES16 for some time before, but it would be nice to rule out a 1” and under shot or something.

Another bug;

If you have auto putting enabled and you hit the green with your approach, the system correctly advances to the next hole. But lets say you're not happy with the approach shot and want to try again, hit mulligan and the system takes you back to your last position but doesn't go back to the correct hole. So you end up playing the next hole from your approach shot from the previous hole !

Comment

Some bug I encounter once in a while: If I play with my son and he plays from a different tee box than I do, sometimes the system mixes up player and tee box after a hole. E.g. I play from Yellow, he plays from White. I am player 1, he is player 2. After a few holes (I have not figured out yet, what triggers it), the system has me (player 1) from White and Player 2 (him) from yellow. Bit annoying. Doesnt happen every time, but regularly.

Comment

Not sure it will change anything, but here is another one: My score is tracked correctly all 18 holes (Autoputting), but the final scorecard (that shows at the end) is wrong, first hole has a score of 0. I also once or twice had a hole tracked wrong, e.g. one stroke that happened and that got tracked was missing at the final scrore after the hole. Pretty basic stuff that is broken here??

(Still the most annoying ones: Drop in the water (especially on Teton Pines, where it seem to happen everywhere) and the fringe of bunkers (and sometimes even the rough) bouncing balls backwards like you hit into a solid wall). But hey: Guess they will not fix it and rather continue to charge 1000 USD for one extra golf course....

Max

Comment

Requests:
                  1. Sticky ball mode for custom skills, basically take the Carry distance as your result, make the ball stop dead, as we work on carry numbers when coaching and adjusting to conditions later.
                  2. FSX live account 2nd “read only” login, so a coach can login using your username and a different assigned password ( assigned by you). The dashboard only shows data no licence info and not able to change details or delete data, this would be super easy to implement...I’ve done a similar project.

Comment

Yesterday I was playing with a buddy and he hit two consecutive tee shots in the water. He elected to rehit from the tee box both times. His score should have been a triple bogey but the score card showed a par. It appears the software did not register the penalty strokes. Anyone else come across this?

Comment

I too have tried repeatedly to play a round with someone via "net play". I have never seen any evidence of online game activity. Has anyone ever been able to play a round with someone else on FSX 2018?

Comment

I use an HMT, and like to review my round on the My Performance website afterwards when I have spare time. The HMT data is all wrong, often showing that you hit a 200yrd 5 iron, but the image shows the ball didn’t even hit the club! A huge scaling issue that I reported over a year ago - still not fixed.

If you save your round after 9 holes, and resume it another day, it doesn’t add it to My Performance either.
                        If you save mid-hole after taking 2 shots, when you resume you will be in the same spot - but having taken 0 shots.
                        If you do this with 2 players during Match Play and one of you is 4up, you’ll be level again.

These are a couple of issues that I’ve been reporting for over 2 years now... yet they have the cheek to charge me $500 to upgrade to FSX2018 as FSX won’t be getting any updates. They still haven’t fixed them!

2 good things have come from all my complaints... the ability to move the mini map to the left or right... and the ability to reconnect your GC2 / GCQ mid round!

Comment

1) When you are Dormie in match play, you no longer get hole information such as distance to green. The data field at the top where this info is displayed just says Dormie nonstop.
                          2) The green grid has to be reset when switching players or locations. You have to de-select it and the re-select it in order for the grid and balls to be oriented properly.
                          3) If you hit the ball into a hazard or OB, you do not lose a stroke if you select to re-hit it. It is the same as a mulligan.

Comment

• shellman19
                            shellman19 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            SNEAK BIRD I noticed # 3 as well yesterday when I was playing with a friend. This is really annoying problem and should be addressed ASAP!

awitty OP or whoever else is contributing to this thread.... Is anyone organizing the information being reported on this thread and forwarding it to Foresight? It's nice to have this info surface but if someone is not taking the information and organizing it and forwarding to Foresight then it just becomes a bitch-fest with no improvements. I have a decent relationship with one of the tech support guys. If nobody else is relaying things I will be happy to be that guy. I did not want to rain on anyone else's parade if I was late to the dance on this. I think there imay be some power in numbers and if we show some unity with some of the requests maybe we can get some more action???
                          Last edited by shellman19; 01-03-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X