Is FSX Mobile really this bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is FSX Mobile really this bad?

Is anyone else completely underwhelmed by FSX Mobile?

I am coming from a Flightscope X2 and Skytrak. The Flightscope VX and Skills apps are pretty nice. The Skytrak stuff is pretty good too, especially for the price.

Here is what I can't stand and hopefully I'm just missing stuff that you all can help point me in the right direction.

- is there a way to setup bags like in the Flightscope apps? I like to setup a bunch of clubs so that when I practice (or when I'm trying new clubs or shafts) it is already setup and all I have to do is change clubs in the app when hitting new ones on the range.

- Why are the ball tracers so thin? Using a 2017 iPad, regular size. They are so difficult to see when you aren't holding it inches from your face. ST and Flightscope are really nice.

- Why is the range so cramped on screen? A bunch of my wedge and iron shots go all the way to the top and sometimes outside of the screen.

- Are there any other view angles than the standard down-the-line? It is nice in the VX app where you can easily adjust the angle.

-stepping through shots is tedious. It should highlight the tracer in a much thicker line for the "active" shot.

I can't believe that they charge so much for this and the Skytrak range is so much better. Any comments or suggestions? Very frustrated using this compared to the others.

FSX mobile is the latest software app developed by foresight, and the current version is still undergoing some maintenance and updates.
    I tried to connect using ipad and Android pad, and often found that the data could not be transmitted, stuck, and crashed.

If you try to use ipad min to demonstrate, the data is crowded on the screen, the interface design is very unfriendly, of course, may be related to the ipad's cpu performance requirements, but this should not be the most important; Android system is more connected than ipad More stable.

Compared with the skytrak app, it feels more comfortable. Personally, the current FSX mobile is more of an add-on app that can't make the performance of the ball linkr dynamic. The personal feeling is not as good as the performance fitting app, or more inclined. Fitting app.

Comment

Personally like the new app but am also liberated by not having used one of the other platforms mentioned. Having FSX18 & TGC, I don’t use it much either. Just glad it finally works with gc2.

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin
        FSX mobile is the latest software app developed by foresight, and the current version is still undergoing some maintenance and updates.
        I tried to connect using ipad and Android pad, and often found that the data could not be transmitted, stuck, and crashed.

If you try to use ipad min to demonstrate, the data is crowded on the screen, the interface design is very unfriendly, of course, may be related to the ipad's cpu performance requirements, but this should not be the most important; Android system is more connected than ipad More stable.

Compared with the skytrak app, it feels more comfortable. Personally, the current FSX mobile is more of an add-on app that can't make the performance of the ball linkr dynamic. The personal feeling is not as good as the performance fitting app, or more inclined. Fitting app.
        The table view in the Performance app is good, but the fact that there isn't a 3D trajectory view is a joke.

Maybe I'm being overly critical, but the VX app costs $10. You need to buy $3,000 worth software just to gain access to the FSX Mobile app. Just expecting a lot more for what it costs.

Comment

• benjamin
          benjamin commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha, yes, use the FSX 2018 he needs to purchase or upgrade to have the app experience.

Originally posted by Wundej View Post

The table view in the Performance app is good, but the fact that there isn't a 3D trajectory view is a joke.

Maybe I'm being overly critical, but the VX app costs $10. You need to buy $3,000 worth software just to gain access to the FSX Mobile app. Just expecting a lot more for what it costs.
        FSX Mobile is a free app that comes with a $3000 piece of PC software.
        It is in early stages - although I can’t see Foresight wasting much in the day of resources trying to make it better as they make no money from it.
        Personally I’d rather see them fixing bugs in FSX2018 than the mobile version - as that’s eBay I paid the money for.

Comment

Originally posted by p3eps

FSX Mobile is a free app that comes with a $3000 piece of PC software.
          It is in early stages - although I can’t see Foresight wasting much in the day of resources trying to make it better as they make no money from it.
          Personally I’d rather see them fixing bugs in FSX2018 than the mobile version - as that’s eBay I paid the money for.
          Nothing is free, that's for sure. FSX is by far the most expensive sim software you can buy for the GC2. The product development costs of the mobile app come from the sales of FSX. Still, Flightscope only charges $10 for their apps, no way does that cover dev costs.

I guess every user is different. If you have a permanent setup where you always have a PC setup, then I guess a mobile app doesn't matter much. If you are setting up and breaking down your setup (or using at the range), most people don't want to carry around a PC or laptop and use the mobile apps.

It's more that they delivered a half baked application. The stuff I'm talking about is pretty minor from a development perspective if they did it the first time around.

The bag setup stuff isn't any better in FSX 2018 if I remember correctly.

Comment

Yeah. The mobile isn’t the greatest. It’s software made for a computer screen on your little phone or iPad...kinda like a remote session.

I do hope it improves, because I can hardly see it, but in the meantime, it is better than nothing so I am glad they are at least trying to make something available.

Comment

Originally posted by Wundej View Post

Nothing is free, that's for sure. FSX is by far the most expensive sim software you can buy for the GC2. The product development costs of the mobile app come from the sales of FSX. Still, Flightscope only charges $10 for their apps, no way does that cover dev costs.
              I get that it’s technically not free, however FSX was $3500 for years before the mobile app suddenly appeared. I’ve own FSX for 2 years now, so for me the mobile app is a ‘free’ addition!

Comment

How do you leave the App on Android. I might be stupid, but I just cant find a way to leave the App.

Comment

• RangeRunner
                  RangeRunner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When I ran it on my phone, I always had to swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get the <triangle ... circle ... square> soft buttons to appear in order to back out of it.

I tried to install FSX Mobile on a brand new Galaxy Tab A and it didn't show as available in the App Store! Apparently, the Android version isn't the only important piece of information needed to run the app, but processor is important, too. Requiring only the latest and fastest processor. I never knew that drawing a parabola and displaying a few numbers would be so processor intensive! I was able to use it on my LG V20 phone, but the font used is so bad and so small, I can't read any of the numbers ... making it useless there.

Will FSX Mobile save a session to transmit to the cloud at a later time? I don't want to waste any more money on buying a top of the line tablet if the software is kneecapped.

Comment

Can anyone confirm it is not possible to create custom clubs in the FSX Mobile app?

Comment

Originally posted by franks62591 View Post
                    Can anyone confirm it is not possible to create custom clubs in the FSX Mobile app?
                    Looks like it only does the stock Driver, FW, Hybrid, Iron, Wedge, Putter.

I haven't used the app in a long time, it was never a stable connection to my iPad. The Performance Fitting does most everything I need, thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by franks62591 View Post
                      It’s really a joke when compared to any other real LM tablet software. All they had to do is just play with one of the competitors apps for 15 minutes to see how much they need to improve.

Attached image shows you (lack of) options. How do you try to gap wedges or irons/hybrids? Not with FSX Mobile, that’s for sure. You have to lug the laptop, power supply, etc outside. It’s crap. Can you tell I don’t like it

Comment

I agree, it is hopeless. Their Performance Fitting App is equally poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmurray View Post
                          I agree, it is hopeless. Their Performance Fitting App is equally poor.
                          I'd have to somewhat disagree. The performance app allows you to specify whatever club and records most all stats (some putting stats are compatible with the standard cloud saved stats) and uploads to the cloud account. The data it gives is basically equivalent to the desktop FSX data with the exception of 'real time ball flight' ... which is simply drawn instantaneously --- the only downfall is being able to recognize a non-read in bright sunlight, as there's no time delay in displaying ball flight. The performance app also uses wifi, which has (at least for me) proven to be stable. I wish the averages would export like FSX, but they don't. Every so often I'll share ideas to improve the Performance App with Foresight, but that seems to be low priority, FSX 2018 bug reports get more action than the tablet app.

Comment

• Kmurray
                            Kmurray commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The product is called The Performance Fitting App.

Any product with a name such as that should be capable of naming club head,loft ,shaft,grip, weight and any other performance fitting notes that maybe desired and exporting them to a end user.

But you can't.

I'ts not a performance fitting app.
                        Working...
                        X