Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @shank12u (NET) and @Randy (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - QBE Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Christmas Invitational with 2 rounds at The Walker Course Pro Tee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-invitational
See more
See less

GC2 Black Friday Deals???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 Black Friday Deals???

Hey all- I am in the market for a pre-owned Foresight GC2. With Black Friday right around the corner I was thinking that perhaps Foresight runs some good deals. Do any of you know from past Black Friday's if Foresight runs any deals on pre-owned GC2's? If so do you happen to remember any of the specifics of the deals that they ran?

They did run something last year as I recall. You can check on Foresight's Twitter or Instagram and back-track their posts.

Comment

They've had a few package deals that included computers and their FX software this year, but nothing close to what you can pick one off eBay or Craigslist. They had pre-owned GC2 units with FX2018 for $7K and GCQuad and a computer for $14K a few months ago and then earlier this summer, they had a GC2, HMT, laptop and FX for $10k. I haven't priced them recently, but you used to be able to pick up a GC2 for ~$3k-$4k online, maybe $5k if it had some courses. This is purely anecdotal, but I have a friend who gives lessons and has both the FR and FX software and says the FR is significantly better. Just something to keep in mind if you're looking to save some money. Good Luck!

Comment

I just went back and looked at the Foresight Twitter feed and unfortunately I did not see any deals advertised there. Maybe they don't offer any Black Friday deals?

Comment

Originally posted by wzjy47 View Post
          They've had a few package deals that included computers and their FX software this year, but nothing close to what you can pick one off eBay or Craigslist. They had pre-owned GC2 units with FX2018 for $7K and GCQuad and a computer for $14K a few months ago and then earlier this summer, they had a GC2, HMT, laptop and FX for $10k. I haven't priced them recently, but you used to be able to pick up a GC2 for ~$3k-$4k online, maybe $5k if it had some courses. This is purely anecdotal, but I have a friend who gives lessons and has both the FR and FX software and says the FR is significantly better. Just something to keep in mind if you're looking to save some money. Good Luck!
          Thank you for the thoughts. The one note about the FR1 software is that it appears like they might be phasing out support for it. I noticed on the Foresight Europe Twitter feed that FR1 will no longer be supported as of 2019. Not sure if this will apply to the US as well or only Europe?

Comment

• wzjy47
            wzjy47 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not sure when they're going to quit providing support, but I can tell you that I think I had to call them once during setup, but haven't had to call them about software since (5 yrs)...I think it mainly comes down to how much you want to spend. If you're looking for the cheapest option, then online/FR1 is probably your best bet...If you've got the cash, buying directly from them and getting the FSX software is probably the way to go. I think you'll be happy with either software, you'll probably just get more bang for your buck going the FR1 route...Also, you'll probably have to be patient to find a good deal with courses...

wzjy47 noted and thank you for your input. Very helpful!

Comment

I just took the plunge on the full FSX2018 software and I have been totally impressed. The practice features and playability are awesome, as is the feel of realism.

As a side note, don't EVER consider buying foresight's zombie golf!! Back at Halloween i bought it on a spur of the moment decision. Biggest butt head waste of money ever! It's super fun for like ten minutes, and then you're like "what? is that it?".

Comment

• gnomike
              gnomike commented
              Editing a comment
              wbond you know it! But some wastage should be avoidable... like this lol... You want to know what? I actually contacted the rep FIFTEEN minutes after the transaction and told him I wanted out, and even that they did not have to lose revenue because I would happily buy courses to the same or higher amount. Foresight's response? "No."
              Gotta love their keen feel for good customer service.

• wbond
              wbond commented
              Editing a comment
              Personally, i think foresight sucks. They used to be the only "reasonably" priced equipment and the only game in town so they could do whatever they wanted. With other options out there now, I guess we'll see how long they continue down that path. They don't seem to be changing their tune with pricing things yet.

• triplebogeysrbetter
              Editing a comment
              I’m up to about 600 dollars this year in dumb purchases.

They posted this today on FB.

Comment

Originally posted by Baller View Post
              They posted this today on FB.
              I just saw that myself. No idea what it means but as Jim Carey once said, "So you're sayin' there's a chance?"

Comment

Didn't a new GC2 cost $6000 on the Foresight website. I was just browsing and noticed it is now $6500. Do you think they did this for their black Friday sale? Raise price for a few months so when it goes on sale looks like a bigger savings. i really wish they would open up the Bluetooth on the Quad I would really consider buying especially if it really did go on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by sherrow70 View Post
                  Didn't a new GC2 cost $6000 on the Foresight website. I was just browsing and noticed it is now $6500. Do you think they did this for their black Friday sale? Raise price for a few months so when it goes on sale looks like a bigger savings. i really wish they would open up the Bluetooth on the Quad I would really consider buying especially if it really did go on sale.

That's so their BF deals could be.

"$500 off any GC2!"

I don't put it past them!

Comment

This is Foresight we're talking about... their BF deal would be "$300 off any GC2!"

Comment

The deal is the cheapest I have ever seen them do for a bundle on gc2, HMT, FSX2018, and cover. I think it was around 10k.

Comment

Wow... that 's actually not bad at all... it's like getting the software free....

Comment

Here is the offer

https://shop.foresightsports.com/pro...-friday-bundle

Comment

Working...
                          X