Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Triplebogeysrbetter (NET) and @shank12u (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Christmas Invitational !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - TGC Simulator Open with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley GC (ProTee Green Tees) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...simulator-open
See more
See less

What are the best FSX Courses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mean to hijack the theme of the thread, but I was wondering what people thought of the recent course specials. Am I in the minority? I was looking forward to some sort of "great" deal on courses for BF/CMonday like everyone, but I was not impressed. I guess I was expecting something as good as what was offered back in June... what was it? $20 for any course, and as many others as you wanted for $50 each? Now that's a good deal. So anyway I guess having to shell out for FIFTY courses to get the price down to $67 each didn't exactly blow me away. The bundle for ten courses was pretty vanilla, too. I mean, there's been a "Spring Course Bundle" available for $375 for five courses (fixed, no choices) for a long time, and that's not for any 'reason'

Anyway, I don't mean to come off as whiny, but I was disappointed.

Comment

Well at least there are SOME specials now. There used to be nothin'.

Comment

• gnomike
        gnomike commented
        Editing a comment
        mmlincon Dude that's awesome info! thanks! On that input alone I think I'll pull the trigger. Nine Lakes sounds a bit like Blue Bayou. OMG that can't be a real life course... one of the gimmicky-est ever if it is! More water than land lol Anyway, thanks again

• mmlincon
        mmlincon commented
        Editing a comment
        Blue Bayou is fictional. Nine Lake is a real Jack Nicklaus designed course in Florida. It's fun if you are accurate, pretty tough if not.

• Ookie
        Ookie commented
        Editing a comment
        Blue Bayou is flat out unplayable. Hence the reason they give it away.

I bought the 10 pack because I just ordered a Quad. I hope to get a better feel for what types of courses I like for sim golf and will make a list so that I ready for a good deal if it comes again. One question I have is if the license is for future versions as well or only FSX 2018? I ask because I see courses disappearing that I would like to try (Teton Pines) that are there one day and gone the other. Honestly, future support for software, hardware, and licenses has me concerned.

Comment

The courses upgrade for free with the updates. I'm not sure what the deal is with courses dropping off. I have Hazeltine which you can't get anymore but it plays fine. Where did Teton Pines go? It usually installs with the software as it was the free one initially. I wouldn't worry about support -they still support FR1 but you aren't going to get them to fix anything. So, the software is out of support but they will assist you with getting it working. I suspect at some point they will just stop doing that as it's not keeping up with the OS changes and may just not run one day.

Comment

I think
          Teton Pines is part of the base install package and not a separate download.

Comment

Originally posted by Mxwoodman View Post
            I think
            Teton Pines is part of the base install package and not a separate download.
            You are correct. I installed FSX 2018 last night and it installed Teton Pines. In all honesty, the experience of coming into the Foresight ecosystem is quite confusing and overly complicated.

Comment

• wbond
              wbond commented
              Editing a comment
              And many would say overpriced

Originally posted by SNEAK BIRD View Post

You are correct. I installed FSX 2018 last night and it installed Teton Pines. In all honesty, the experience of coming into the Foresight ecosystem is quite confusing and overly complicated.
            Unfortunately they are a hardware company and it appears the software takes a back seat. It is marketed and supported weakly. If they lived and died on the software it would be much better and easier to use.

Comment

Based on personal experience, I'd pick perfect hardware over perfect software every single time.

I love my quad. It's the bomb.

Comment

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                I love my GC2/HMT. I can’t find anything I don’t like about it. I love the freedom of the software options too. IMO the problem with the GC2 is too good to replace.

On the topic of courses ... Kingsbarns. It's really fun.

Comment

• mmlincon
                mmlincon commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree, it's one of my favorites
            Working...
            X