Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Triplebogeysrbetter (NET) and @shank12u (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Christmas Invitational !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - TGC Simulator Open with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley GC (ProTee Green Tees) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...simulator-open
See more
See less

Upgraded from a 55" TV to a 13 x 10 Projection system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded from a 55" TV to a 13 x 10 Projection system

For the past two years I have had my monitor set up in my industrial building with a return net and a TV on the wall and overall it was pretty good. Besides me practicing and having some friends over on the weekend for a round we have Wednesday night golf league. Last night was the first night of league with the projection system. I started putting it together Saturday, between the screen, mounting the projector and adding lighting I only got to play one round and hit some practice balls before this round.

I have to say it was a whole other level. It changed the experience and a good time was had by all.

The screen is a 13 x 10 Carls impact cage 5' deep with their premium screen. The projector is a Optoma 1080GT Darbee. The impact cage kit is very nice. The screen is perfectly flat. The sound is minimal, the bounce back is just right. Overall I am very pleased. I need to add a light over the hitting area, the one I have temporarily in the photo is harsh.

I can't seem to get the Photo to display in the correct orientation.

Isn't it so much better? I had mine set up with a tv while I was building. It sucked. Your set up looks great.

Comment

Very nice lots of fun

Comment

Detroit Bill Awesome job! Looks unreal. It really is another level, right? I remember hitting into our net and thinking ok this is great. Like you hooked up the screen and it's SD vs 4K.

Have you screamed at the screen yet? It's coming. Trust me. Just don't throw anything.

Comment

Originally posted by triplebogeysrbetter View Post
          Detroit Bill Awesome job! Looks unreal. It really is another level, right? I remember hitting into our net and thinking ok this is great. Like you hooked up the screen and it's SD vs 4K.

Have you screamed at the screen yet? It's coming. Trust me. Just don't throw anything.
          There was lots of screaming going on last night, it was a blast.

Comment

Nice! I should have my screen and projector up and running this weekend. My setup is the Carl's premium impact screen (14x8) on a frame made with their fittings and EMT tubing from Home Depot. I also ordered the same Optoma 1080GT Darbee projector as you. In some quick testing against the wall, I was concerned about the image and tried to figure out the settings. Did you have to mess with the settings to get a great image?

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
              Editing a comment
              I would think you're ok swinging out of the box.

I have an epson and only needed to adjust the legs.

Originally posted by SNEAK BIRD View Post
            Nice! I should have my screen and projector up and running this weekend. My setup is the Carl's premium impact screen (14x8) on a frame made with their fittings and EMT tubing from Home Depot. I also ordered the same Optoma 1080GT Darbee projector as you. In some quick testing against the wall, I was concerned about the image and tried to figure out the settings. Did you have to mess with the settings to get a great image?
            I am still fooling with it a little. My projector is not high enough right now and it needs to move back a few inches. The mount I put together will allow me to do that it will take a little while.
            The image is a little softer than I would like.

I have the projector resolution set up to native mode and I am controlling the resolution with the graphics card. My screen is 4:3 not 16:9 which is its native resolution. That may be part of it. I have not had much time to experiment.

My feeling is that the less digital adjustments you do the better. It has digital zoom, image shift, keystone. Right now I have the projector tipped up a little and a keystone adjustment but that is all.
            The screen is not a movie screen it is a flexible fabric with limited reflectivity. The image is also very large for a $600 projector so I am starting to temper my expectations. I also am using the Darbee image enhancements, I have that cranked up pretty high to try and sharpen the image.

After I get the projector in the correct spot I will experiment and adjust. We will see what happens. If the image I have right now is as good as it gets it will be fine. I do not expect to get a significantly better image.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X