Ball speed?? On GC2 for driver swing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball speed?? On GC2 for driver swing

All my shots seem to be very accurate on ball speed when not teed up. My driver swing ball speed seems a little low. My swing speed is average about 110 to 112 but ball speed never gets past 160 average about 155 to 158. Anything I should check or is this normal? Is it because the ball is on a tee? Thanks

From this article: https://golftips.golfweek.com/swing-...peed-1637.html

Quote:
    In general, the speed of the golf ball should be 1.5 times that of the speed of the swing. For the golfer whose swing speed is 100 mph, the speed of the ball as it leaves the clubface should be 150 mph. However, increasing club speed may not necessarily lead to an increase in ball speed.

GC2 is pretty good technology. Don't be greedy!

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by sherrow70 View Post
      All my shots seem to be very accurate on ball speed when not teed up. My driver swing ball speed seems a little low. My swing speed is average about 110 to 112 but ball speed never gets past 160 average about 155 to 158. Anything I should check or is this normal? Is it because the ball is on a tee? Thanks
      Is that hmt swing speed? My guess is that you are catching it high on the face. Check impact location. You lose some ball speed when it’s high on the face. You should pick up ball speed and spin if it’s slightly lower

Comment

• sherrow70
        sherrow70 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great thanks no sold HMT been using a Mevo for club head speed

Yes, pettty normal unless you’re hitting the sweet spot and perfect face action.

Comment

• sherrow70
        sherrow70 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok great thanks

My ball speed is too low too. Let me know how to fix it. :-)
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

Even when I get a really great carry of 275 or 280 the ball speed still never breaks 160

Comment

• Stingreye
          Stingreye commented
          Editing a comment
          Check the impact location speed (it an option in the hmt menu on the lcd). I have broken 160 with similar club speeds. In the 112-115 range. I have seen162-167 ball speed. That being said, swing speed on hmt is higher than Trackman. I think that contributes to Trackman’s 1.51 and 1.52 smash factors you can see. HMT I never sniff 1.50 unless it’s an obvious misread.

• sherrow70
          sherrow70 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok thanks again

For a description of what is actually going on try this link.

If you watch golf on TV or read the golfing magazines, you have heard a lot about "smash factor". If you learn about it from those venues, you get some facts and a lot of half-truths. Let's clear up the confusion about smash factor.

Comment

• sherrow70
          sherrow70 commented
          Editing a comment
          Very interesting thanks
      Working...
      X