Upgrades / Course Updates ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades / Course Updates ??

Thought I saw a screen shot of a page that showed you if an update of your course was available.

I checked the game and the website and couldn't find anything.

A version / revision list would be nice, showing us what they have fixed and what new features.
    Being a software developer, this is industry standard practice with updates, letting users know fixes and enhancements

Comment

• Mxwoodman
      Mxwoodman commented
      Editing a comment
      They haven't ever released and change list since I have had their product - I've been in the software/hardware biz for 30 years and they are not a software focused company just a after thought - good thing they make great hardware

I cannot get Inside 6 feet to start. Even after reinstalling courses, it still says update required on all courses. Even though I can play the course the normal way. GC2 via USB. Solutions?

Comment

All the course installer does is put the course .ngp file into the course folder, I would make a copy of the course file then remove the courses files from the course folder so it’s blank, reinstall from web fsx2018updates
      then check the courses gave been put into the courses folder, that way you know you gave the correct latest files...then try inside6ft again after a pc restart.

good luck

Comment

I was playing with the ‘inside 6 feet’ challenge today. A nice addition, and was quite enjoyable. So far, I’ve only played on Broken Tee, Blue Bayou and I can see Teton Pines is next.
        I noticed a ‘buy more’ type button. I already have about 30 FSX courses... will they all have challenges set, or will I have to buy more?
        Holed my first shot... but it all went downhill from there.
        There was one on the second challenge that was about 45yards and you couldn’t see the target properly. Took a few shots to get that 😂

Comment

Remove all 3 courses from Foresight program files folder and reinstall them. They will show up in 6 feet. Good addition to FSX, scoring is confusing in it but I hope Foresight develop more stuff like this.

Comment

Finally got time to try my update to fsx2018. I go into my email click on the link it takes me to the newest version on foresights website which is now 6.0.1.0 and I click on the online download the page that comes up is spaces.hightail.com with some other stuff and page is blank. Has anybody run into this or am I the lucky one?

Comment

• vrpunk
              vrpunk commented
              Editing a comment
              No goes straight to hightail with download button. On chrome browser.

I think the “6ft game model” is based on releasing “free packs”, if you have the course then you can play the “pack of challenges” if you don’t then you need to buy the course.
            They started with Pack1 which includes the free courses, knowing everyone will have them......then entice people to buy later when packs are released.

Scoring quite easy to follow, further you miss more your penalised.!!!

Remember to to look at stimp to get an idea and also Best Shot, juniors love it here.

Comment

They need todo pebble beach offer on 22nd Feb ... 100 years old.....$100...,maybe suggest it on twitter

Comment

I've got to say - Inside 6 feet is fun, and get's pretty challenging. Later into the challenges there are some short shots with downslopes away with short greens - what's the strategy to get the ball to stop rolling away? I'm using a 60 degree wedge, but it's really hard to get under the ball with enough backspin off a mat (using TrueStrike btw). Any tips (besides the video?). Use more wrist to generate more backspin?

Comment

Look at the contours for the extreme breaks, some shots are like 30ft left for slope to bring it into the blue circle. My 9yr old uses a open faced 56 wedge gets it to stop or release a bit, Teton in rain is mad 16.2 stimp!

Comment

• p3eps
                    p3eps commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was actually lucky to get one of those within the 10 shots! Scores prior to that had always been between 3-10, but that one must’ve been about 50!!

Originally posted by vrpunk View Post
                  They need todo pebble beach offer on 22nd Feb ... 100 years old.....$100...,maybe suggest it on twitter
                  vrpunk I think you should make this it's own post and try to get some traction on your idea... for $100 I know I would be up for it.... or maybe the weekend of the US Open which is at Peble this year. I doubt they will go that low but power in numbers and would love to get my hands on Pebble... just not doing it at the current price!

Comment

I know, right!?!? There were a couple of shots that I would hit what I thought were perfect shots... came off exactly as I'd wanted... only to still end up 30 ft from the pin! Too bad IRL I don't get 10 cracks at every shot lol

Comment

Anyone have an issue on the Inside 6 Feet with it saying that Teton Pines needs to be updated? It won't let me advance and you can't download that course separately as far as I can see.

Comment

• Baller
                        Baller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Didn’t realize I missed an update. Thanks!

• Baller
                        Baller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oddly enough, that didn't fix it.

• Baller
                        Baller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I had a left over old Teton course file in my program files and I had to delete it. FS support told me to check that.

Do I read this correct that the newest version is now 6.0.1.0 ??

Comment

• vrpunk
                        vrpunk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, available at fsx2018updates, do you not get notified? Tick in your fsxlive account notify by email.

• Baller
                        Baller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There was no notification for 6.0.1.0. The notification was just for 6.0.0.3

• StanMI
                        StanMI commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Anybody see a noticable difference ????

Did you get the course bundle specials notification yesterday?

Comment

• StanMI
                        StanMI commented
                        Editing a comment
                        $250 for 5 courses (WHAT A STEAL) >>>> Or then there is always the St Andrews bundle !!

• vrpunk
                        vrpunk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        4 courses hehe
                    Working...
                    X