Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 Windows Bluetooth issues

Hi All,

Hoping someone might have some ideas to help me out with a GC2 Bluetooth connection issue on Windows 10.

Have latest FR1 (v1.3) on the PC as well as GSX and neither can connect.

Windows pairing seems to go without any issues and windows device manager shows no problems with either the Bluetooth connection or the established com ports.

GSX reports "Output Connection Refused -> Check settings!" - and yes the selected com port is correct.

FR1 see's the gc2 in the Bluetooth settings but when I hit the 'connect' button it says it's trying to connect but that message never changes or just goes back to idle with no warnings or errors.

I have installed the latest device drivers I just got from Foresight's web site. (64 bit)

Bluetooth connection works fine with the android app.

USB connection works fine with the FR1.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Last edited by StuartG; 02-09-2019, 01:36 AM.

Have you tried restarting your CPU?

Comment

• StuartG
      StuartG commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, thanks.

Others will provide better info I'm sure but quirk for me when I start up laptop, I get two Bluetooth (ports 3 and 6) active when viewing device manager and I can't connect Gfx to either (changing setting in Gfx to 3 and or 6)
    when I disable one (port 3) and reconnect Gfx it connects on port 6

Comment

• StuartG
      StuartG commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting. I'm getting 3 and 5. I was under the impression that there is supposed to be two - one for each direction of communications (inbound and outbound) but I'll certainly give that a try. Did you disable it through the Device Manager?

Yep, right click on the port you want to nuke and then select disable

Comment

Everyone has Bluetooth issues with Win 10. I did too. I downgraded windows. Not worth it.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

• StuartG
        StuartG commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I could. I didn't want to upgrade in the first place but the neither the AMD Ryzen or Intel 7th/8th gen i series cpu's (motherboard chipsets) are supported in windows 7. They are all 'Windows 10 only".

I’ve had similar issues and switched my coms ports around in gsx to fix it. One week it’s on 3. The next it’s 4. I’ve just accepted it and moved on

Comment

Mine seemed to have a delay, but eventually figures it out. Try toggling off and on a couple times in gsx. I had to disable firewall to get it to work originally with gsx. If you are previously connected to fr1 restart the gc2 and computer after quiting fr1 to get gsx to work. Fr1 always works before gsx connection for me, if you are using gsx first sometimes it doesn't drop the connection to switch to fr1. Hope that makes sense
        Last edited by Ports; 02-09-2019, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• StuartG
          StuartG commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Yes makes sense but not the issue in my case. All fail after fresh reboot without the other software having been loaded.

Well, unfortunately disabling one of the com ports didn't seem to work. It resulted in windows reporting a driver error when trying to pair the unit.

Comment

Are you using external USB dongle? If so, disable your internal Bluetooth and see if that helps. Yes, Win will give you a yellow exclamation error, but you can ignore it. I had the same issue and it resolved itself when I disabled the internal BT.

Comment

• StuartG
            StuartG commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. But no internal bluetooth functionality

1. Check you have installed the correct gc2 drivers for your firmware ... there are two available on the foresight website.
          2. Only time I have issues is when win10 does an update and removes BT or changes the com ports
          I simply pair device again, an extreme would be set your pc back using the restore point system when it was working before the update.
          3. Like Orangeman said, I use Auys BT400 dongle, if you do not disable the onboard BT module it can interfere and windows intermittently switches between the two.

good luck

Comment

• StuartG
            StuartG commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. 1) Yes, latest firmware and driver so should be a match. 2). It's never worked (only had the GC2 for a couple weeks).

Tried USB?

Also on GSX or FR1 turn off all your virus software and firewall then try it, I have had issues with firewall ports, works when firewall off, but not when on until I add it to exceptions list.

Comment

Yes USB works fine with FR1 - but I believe not really an option for GSX.

I appreciate all the help. Tried all the suggestions and still no luck. I was hoping it was something simple but guess will have to contact Foresight folks tomorrow.

Comment

• vrpunk
              vrpunk commented
              Editing a comment
              What BT adapter are you using if your motherboard Has no internal adapter?

I had to disable the firewall like vrpunk said
            Last edited by Ports; 02-10-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Maybe one last option Unpair device, remove GC2 drivers. Reboot try the older drivers (listed as original on website https://www.foresightsports.com/drivers-downloads). See what happens.

Comment

• StuartG
                StuartG commented
                Editing a comment
                I did try and complete (auto + manual) clean of all the foresight software. Reloaded only FR1 v1.1 (didn't update to 1.3) and gave it a try before updating to the newer version of FR1 and newer drivers. I don't know which drivers were included in the original CD but I suspect they were the older ones. But I guess it could have been an even older version than the 'original' version on the web site so certainly couldn't hurt to try that 'original' driver on the web site.

I built a windows app that simply connects to GC2 via Bluetooth and outputs data.
              can send you that to test at the simplest level, so at least if it works we know BT and GC2 is fine, so it eliminates certain areas. Send me your email.

Comment

• StuartG
                StuartG commented
                Editing a comment
                That would be great. I'l PM you.
            Working...
            X