GC2 & TGC 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 & TGC 2019

There are so many GC2 users who play TGC, Some of whom appear to have been Alpha users of TGC2019, so I have to assume that TGC 2019 will actually work with GC2.

However, on Protee web site it says;

IMPORTANT:
    1] This software is NOT compatible with Foresight GC2.
    2] SkyTrak users need to order from SkyTrak directly.
    3] R-Motion users need to buy the full version through the R-Motion app.

Are there any GC2 users who have TGC2019?

If so,

How do you buy it?

Does it work ok or any issues ( experiences thus far or known of ) ?

Also - anyone who had SkyTrak Licence and then changed it to GC2..... do you get upgrade through SkyTrak, and then transfer over???? ( hoping I don’t have to go back to using on my SkyTrak....)

Thanks

Tips Connecting GC2 with GSX interface and TGC

calebm1001
    Here are tips for connecting GC2 with GSX interface and TGC. You can see original post (Post #40) at :https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-tgc-gc2/page3

Here are the tips without pictures.

I had issues in the past when first setting up my GC2 on Windows 10. Here are the tips I recommend to getting everything to work.

1) If you have built in Bluetooth on your computer you want to disable it. If not skip to step 2.
    - Double Click on Bluetooth icon located bottom right corner of computer in taskbar.
    - Click on "More Bluetooth Options" on right side of screen.
    - Click on "Hardware" tab and double click on the built in Bluetooth adapter in the list. Then click on "Change Settings".
    - Click on "Driver" tab and then you can click "Disable Device"

2) Connect your ASUS USB-BT400 Bluetooth adapter and install it.
    - After installing click on "Bluetooth" icon mentioned in step 1 and click on "More Bluetooth Options". Then under "Hardware" tab you should see your old device disabled and ASUS BT device installed and active.

3) Pair GC2: Turn on GC2 and click on "Bluetooth" icon to view devices. Then click on Foresight_GC2 and Pair.
    - My screen shows it as "Paired" once successful.

4) Now you need to determine which COM ports are being used. You will use the "Outgoing" COM Port in the GSX interface.
    - Click on Bluetooth icon to open, then click on "More Bluetooth Options". Click on "COM Ports" tab. You will see which COM ports are your Incoming and Outgoing. Note which COM ports they are.

5) Now proceed with installing and setting up ProTee Interface and GSX Interface.
    - GSX Interface settings TAB:
    Connect with: Generic Serial
    Serial Port: COM4 or make sure this is set to your Outgoing COM port.
    IP Address: 127.0.0.1

In GSX interface, click on TGC tab. Click the checkbox on "Use The Golf Club".

After making setting changes close the GSX interface.

6) Ready to connect GC2 to both interfaces and then connect to TGC
    - Click on "ProTee Interface to open. When open and running you will see it in the system tray located bottom right corner of computer.
    - Click on GSX interface. Under "Status" tab, click on "Connect" slide bar.
    - You need to see Status Input and Status Output both show "Connected". If it doesn't. Slide connect to off and back on. Try multiple times. Sometimes it takes a few tries.
    - Then click on TGC icon to open TGC software and connect to server and then play TGC.

TROUBLESHOOTING ISSUES WITH COM PORTS:
    Whenever a new COM port is installed, Windows looks for the first never used number. This ensures that there are no conflicts when two of the devices are attached at the same time.

Normally people don't use their devices (as USB to COM adapters) at the same time, but the COM number increase and increase.

The issue that may occur. If you Paired and then UnPaired and Paired again several times, your device may change COM ports and the Incoming and Outgoing COM ports may increase to larger numbers. At some point the higher COM ports seem to not work well with Pairing GC2 via Bluetooth.

If you have issues connecting your GC2 after all this then do the following:
    - Click on Bluetooth icon to open, then click on "More Bluetooth Options". Click on "COM Ports" tab. Then click each Incoming and Outgoing Foresight connected device and click "Remove".
    - Then maybe turn off GC2 and turn back on. Then proceed with Pairing it again fresh.
    - Under' More Bluetooth Options" if you notice your Foresight_GC2 is set to very high COM ports I would recommend removing some COM ports using a special program. See below.

IF YOU NEED TO REMOVE COM PORTS TO FREE UP COM3 AND COM4 TO USE FOR GC2. DO THE FOLLOWING
    - This is a very cool program that allows you to remove COM ports that may have been paired/used but with issues COM ports increase.
    - Install a program called: COM Name Arbiter Setter
    Go to: https://www.uwe-sieber.de/misc_tools_e.html
    - Scroll down page and find section for "COM Name Arbiter Setter V0.7"
    -
    Click the link to download and install program.
    - Note: I don't recommend removing COM1 and COM2. These are usually needed for other computer devices. I would remove all COM ports down to COM 3 as last.
    - Now you should be able to follow steps above and connect and Pair GC2 and hopefully you get it set on COM3 Incoming and COM4 Outgoing.

Good luck.

Comment

• calebm1001
      calebm1001 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very in-depth! Thank you. I was able to figure it out once I realized I needed two different license keys. Still working my way around GSX and the new interface as this is all different from ST I can say this is a much better LM than ST after just a few hours.

• orangeman
      orangeman commented
      Editing a comment
      This was awesome. I just had to do a complete reinstall. Followed everything on the Sticky and still couldn't connect. Then I saw this and for some reason, the IP Address in my GSX was not what you have (actually looked like my local IP). When I updated the address - Bingo! - connected first try.

Hello there everyone. We just moved into a new house, where I had to vault the ceiling in my garage to be able to have room to swing my golf clubs. I have a GC2 and have up until now used JPNG. However, I am really wanting to pull the trigger on TGC 2019. If I buy TGC 2019, does that give me everything I need to connect to my GC2? I have read on this site that that is all I need, but I see many mentions to something called GSX. I'm not sure what that is. Can someone please enlighten me, and is that something I need to purchase? Do I need anything else? Thanks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by soccerdude View Post
      Hello there everyone. We just moved into a new house, where I had to vault the ceiling in my garage to be able to have room to swing my golf clubs. I have a GC2 and have up until now used JPNG. However, I am really wanting to pull the trigger on TGC 2019. If I buy TGC 2019, does that give me everything I need to connect to my GC2? I have read on this site that that is all I need, but I see many mentions to something called GSX. I'm not sure what that is. Can someone please enlighten me, and is that something I need to purchase? Do I need anything else? Thanks so much.
      Protee will sort you out with everything you need, don’t worry. Once you purchase they will supply links to all the software including GSX.
      GSX is just a small application that enables the GC2 to send data to TGC via Bluetooth.

Comment

• soccerdude
        soccerdude commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay, that is great. Thanks!

Originally posted by soccerdude View Post
      Everything is in the download. Install GSX, ProTee Interface and TGC2019 then follow the instructions on this page.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

• soccerdude
        soccerdude commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect. Thanks! Can't wait to play again. Stupid me, I went and fell off a ladder setting up my golf screen on Saturday and cracked a few ribs, so now I probably can't play for a couple of months, but at least I can get the software all installed and figured out so it's all ready when my body is. Thanks again!

First off- thanks so much for the detailed information. I have learned so much the last few weeks about all this but unfortunately I’m still at a loss for why it sometimes connects and other times it won’t at all.

Long story short, I have done all the things in your advice column and still shows status input disconnected at the moment. I’m starting to think it might have to do with IP address. The IP address listed didn’t match what you said to use but unfortunately when I changed to the IP address you recommended it didn’t match either.

Under GSX settings tab there are two IP address fields? The top one (under the port selected) is grayed out and the bottom up address is the only one I can edit. Anyone know if there is a specific up address to use? Should it match the IP address listed above it? I saw a note somewhere about make sure the Protee Interface IP Address matches GSX but couldn’t find anything on Protee Interface about IP Address.

I have done all the steps that were graciously layed our above and sometimes it connects right away and works flawlessly. Sometimes I fiddle for hours and can’t get it connect. I’m thinking it’s gotta be something with the IP address unless anyone else has something else for me.

Thanks for the help

Comment

• GermanSimulatorDude
        GermanSimulatorDude commented
        Editing a comment
        You have to use this IP: 127.0.0.1 (this IP address points to your own PC, it´s called localhost IP and is used to communicate with the service for TGC, it is always the same)

Originally posted by Saysummen View Post
      First off- thanks so much for the detailed information. I have learned so much the last few weeks about all this but unfortunately I’m still at a loss for why it sometimes connects and other times it won’t at all.

Long story short, I have done all the things in your advice column and still shows status input disconnected at the moment. I’m starting to think it might have to do with IP address. The IP address listed didn’t match what you said to use but unfortunately when I changed to the IP address you recommended it didn’t match either.

Under GSX settings tab there are two IP address fields? The top one (under the port selected) is grayed out and the bottom up address is the only one I can edit. Anyone know if there is a specific up address to use? Should it match the IP address listed above it? I saw a note somewhere about make sure the Protee Interface IP Address matches GSX but couldn’t find anything on Protee Interface about IP Address.

I have done all the steps that were graciously layed our above and sometimes it connects right away and works flawlessly. Sometimes I fiddle for hours and can’t get it connect. I’m thinking it’s gotta be something with the IP address unless anyone else has something else for me.

Thanks for the help
      I have another version of GSX if you want to try it. PM me.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

Thanks German simulator dude. I have tried matching the two IP addresses and also the one you listed below and isn’t working.

mthunt- appreciate it. I have Pmd you

Comment

hi guys. can you confirm if i have GC2 with no other software that i can pair it with tgc 2019 via bluetooth and it would work.
          just want to be sure i dont need the Foresight software or something on top of this.

i have JNPG currently but apparently is going to stop working soon so looking to replace at the lowest possible cost.

Comment

• andygg1986
            andygg1986 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes all you need is a working Bluetooth in your GC2 to use TGC. If you had JNPG working you shouldn’t have any issues. You need to buy TGC with the simulation hardware as Protee because GC2 isn’t officially supported and they will send you everything you need to get it up and running.

thanks Andygg for the info

Comment

Can anyone confirm with a video of how to use GC2 with TGC from my skytrak account? I just want to make sure it works 100% before blowing $$$

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
              Wizard of Coz commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't have a gc2 at the moment.
              1. Need protee keycode for tgc small fee to transfer
              2. Asus bt dongle
              3. Usb extension to get dongle close to pc
              4. A couple downloads gsx etc...
              It works many many people use gc2

Does the HMT work with TGC?

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
              Wizard of Coz commented
              Editing a comment
              Not that I know of

• Hubbahub32
              Hubbahub32 commented
              Editing a comment
              mthunt said it will work. I think it uses a different interface though.

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              It can work but the time for the ball to take off is long. It’s 3-4 seconds making it useless

My skytrak died out. Is it worth me getting a gc2 and then moving my license for tgc over?

Comment

Originally posted by Rcush88 View Post
              My skytrak died out. Is it worth me getting a gc2 and then moving my license for tgc over?
              Lots of people do. GC2 has almost no shot delay, miles better at picking up flop and short shots and hardly any misreads. If you do get a GC2 you will be limited to using TGC for everything though, range and chipping practice etc. unless you want to shell out £3000 for FSX. I kept my Skytrak just for the range. It's about £100 to transfer TGC license but with GC2 you don't need to pay any yearly subscription like you do with Skytrak.

Comment

I currently have a Skytrak launch monitor and have a license for TGC2019. It is running well.

I am consider purchasing a GC2 as well and would like to know if it is possible to have both systems running on the same laptop running TGC2019 if I purchased an additional license for TGC2019.

One laptop
                Skytrak and license for TGC2019
                GC2 and an additional license for TGC2019

Comment

I have a SkyTrack now and thinking about upgrading and buying a used CG2 with no software on Ebay - My question is can I can run 2019 TGC on its own without needing any Foresight software ?

Comment

• simmb
                    simmb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes you can, TGC and GC2 work just fine together.

• Cruisin1966
                    Cruisin1966 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, in fact, there is a recent release of the GSX2 software that allows the use of a GCQuad with TGC2019 without FSX
                Working...
                X