Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from GC2 to GCQuad?

Hello everyone!

So unfortunately I lost my golf simulation room, because my first baby is expected in August and he took the sim room lol.

With that, I have to practice on driving range now and faced the issues that the GC2 can't adjust for altitude without FSX software so the carry distance is off slightly. Also, the hitting area seems small for GC2 so I have to frequently move the unit after several shots. Foresight suggested GCQuad to me and they offer an upgrade plan to GC2 owner, but I am stilling waiting for the upgrade plan detail. Is it a good idea to upgrade from gc2 to gcquad (I am thinking about ball and putting analysis for now, may activate the club data later) if I practice 90% on drivign range? I really appreciate any comments and thoughts.

In addition, I notice the grass and sand under the GC2 display screen after several practice on driving range. I was using the plastic GC2 shield. Anyone noticed the same issue?

Many thanks!!!!

If you aren’t using it indoors, sell the GC2 and get a Flightscope or Trackman. You can get a nice used Flightscope easily for what it would cost to upgrade to a GCQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Wundej View Post
      If you aren’t using it indoors, sell the GC2 and get a Flightscope or Trackman. You can get a nice used Flightscope easily for what it would cost to upgrade to a GCQ.
      Sorry for the misleading, I will practice on range mainly for about 1 or 2 years, then we will move to a new house and hopefully I can get a room for indoor simulation.

Comment

Actually if you primarily practice outdoors in the range, why do you even need a launch monitor?? You can see the real ball flight, I really don’t see how much good a launch monitor would bring....

Originally posted by Wundej View Post

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
          Wizard of Coz commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't argue your point at all.

• JackedUpSwing
          JackedUpSwing commented
          Editing a comment
          You can't really dial in your distances or know how much your spinning the ball or know the true launch angle.

Also the club data is super beneficial

• Wizard of Coz
          Wizard of Coz commented
          Editing a comment
          All this coming from a fella with a jacked up swing. Lol
          I don't go to the range much anymore but when i do im watching the ball in regards to my target distance and line. If im hitting at the 100 yard green im trying to knock the pin down. If im hitting driver trying to get proper shape and keep it in the fairway. I don't have an outdoor use for LM but indoors it's huge!
          Outdoors for sure if im testing equipment or getting new driver.

Originally posted by JackedUpSwing View Post
        You can't really dial in your distances or know how much your spinning the ball or know the true launch angle.

Also the club data is super beneficial

I didn't buy the HMT for my gc2 so i have no idea how club data works. Do you think the club data will significantly improve my swing and practice quality if I know how to use the data?

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
          JackedUpSwing commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea man, I only have GC2, but I wish I had HMT as well. I went to a lesson with a guy with a flightscope X3 and it blew my mind how far in-to-out I was swinging. It was like 12 degrees. I thought I was just leaving the clubface open, but really I was just swing so far out to the right I had to close the club face to get a push draw or hook.

Zeroing out path is a great way to improve if you have a path that is going too far left or right.

Also knowing your angle of attack, impact location, dynamic loft, etc is super helpful to understand how your impact position is. Getting a good impact position with a good path/face relationship is key to striking the ball well.

Striking the ball well is the best place to improve your scores until you get into the low single digits IMO.

I think people who play or teach for a living would disagree. Just because you can see the ball flight doesn't mean you know exactly what's causing it. Perception vs reality is key in the golf swing.

Originally posted by TrueGolferNorth View Post
        Actually if you primarily practice outdoors in the range, why do you even need a launch monitor?? You can see the real ball flight, I really don’t see how much good a launch monitor would bring....

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
          Wizard of Coz commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't care what causes it as long as the shot ends up inside the circle of friends.

Below is what Foresight offered of a trade in deal

GC2 trade in value: -4,050
        Upgrade to GCQuad ball data only: 6,450
        Upgrade to GCQuad with club add on: 10,200
        Upgrade to GCQuad with Putting and Club: 12,450

any thoughts?

Comment

You could probably get $4,500 if you sold on your own on these forums or other forums, but it's not a bad trade in offer imo. I've got the GCQ with club data and I like it a lot so far, putting data is cool, but I'm not sure how useful it is for someone like me that has no idea what it really means.

Comment

Maybe it’s just me but 6450 seems like a lot of money to get altitude adjustment and a larger hitting area with no extra data points. Also, the difference between a range ball and premium ball is probably on par with the difference in altitude from sea level to a couple thousand feet. I have no data to back this up, but I would bet that a flightscope would give you more accurate carry distances outside than a quad based on the fact that it is tracking the ball instead of calculating a distance, no matter how good the measured input parameters are. I like having my HMT for club data, but again, $10k to upgrade is a lot. Selling your gc2 and adding $10k to the budget gets you into used trackman territory.

Comment

Originally posted by jerry3 View Post
              You could probably get $4,500 if you sold on your own on these forums or other forums, but it's not a bad trade in offer imo. I've got the GCQ with club data and I like it a lot so far, putting data is cool, but I'm not sure how useful it is for someone like me that has no idea what it really means.
              I agree, i may not own the knowledge to understand the data. Then the extra dollars paid became meaningless

Comment

Originally posted by andygg1986 View Post
                Maybe it’s just me but 6450 seems like a lot of money to get altitude adjustment and a larger hitting area with no extra data points. Also, the difference between a range ball and premium ball is probably on par with the difference in altitude from sea level to a couple thousand feet. I have no data to back this up, but I would bet that a flightscope would give you more accurate carry distances outside than a quad based on the fact that it is tracking the ball instead of calculating a distance, no matter how good the measured input parameters are. I like having my HMT for club data, but again, $10k to upgrade is a lot. Selling your gc2 and adding $10k to the budget gets you into used trackman territory.
                I agree. 6450 just for larger hitting area and altitude adjustment is too expensive. I actually own the Garmin Trueswing, which provides the club data like swing path etc. I also purchased the impact tape from Amazon for like 20 bucks, which shows the impact position on my club head. With GC2, I think I perfectly mimics the functions of GCQuad and saved $12,000 dollars. Hmmm, happy wife happy life, lol.

Comment

I looked at going to the GC Hawk because I am having to switch my golf swing to left handed, my 2" build up and brace on my left leg, plus my back injures prevent me from making a full turn to the left regardless of what I do. I was sent an e-mail with the following from Foresight Sports!

"As for pricing, GC Hawk retails for $15,000 and if you order this month I can get you $500 off. If you would like, you can trade in your GC2 + HMT for a $5,500 credit."

So from what you show they offered you for your GC2 I would only be getting $1450 for my HMT, seems to me to be low ball on the HMT and the GC Hawk a lot higher priced than it should be. I like all the information I get off my setup and it is very helpful and enabled me to find what is wrong with my swing, but swapping back and forth from left to right handed hitting position is a pain in the butt. Not sure just yet what I will do, just now trying to see if I can even play left handed but the price for the GC Hawk puts it well out of my range.

Comment

• andygg1986
                    andygg1986 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Doesn't the GC Hawk only give you ball data too right now? So you would be paying $9k to trade club data for left/right play. If you decide you can play left handed, I would check out Uneekor. It seems to be getting good reviews. You have to use marked balls, but you could easily sell your Foresight setup, buy an Uneekor, and have some money left over.

• wbond
                    wbond commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They would then turn around and sell it with the software for 10k. Nice profit for them.

• BGCurtis2nd
                    BGCurtis2nd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    mmlincon I haven't had them very long and they were both CPO but still, and no the GC Hawk doesn't have club data as of yet. I have the GC2/HMT and FSX 2018 software with 12 courses, would be best for me to sell it all as one package. If I did that I would keep the TGC and TGC 2019, and see about getting a QED Uneekor and upgrade my projector to 4K.

Originally posted by BGCurtis2nd View Post
                  I looked at going to the GC Hawk because I am having to switch my golf swing to left handed, my 2" build up and brace on my left leg, plus my back injures prevent me from making a full turn to the left regardless of what I do. I was sent an e-mail with the following from Foresight Sports!

"As for pricing, GC Hawk retails for $15,000 and if you order this month I can get you $500 off. If you would like, you can trade in your GC2 + HMT for a $5,500 credit."

So from what you show they offered you for your GC2 I would only be getting $1450 for my HMT, seems to me to be low ball on the HMT and the GC Hawk a lot higher priced than it should be. I like all the information I get off my setup and it is very helpful and enabled me to find what is wrong with my swing, but swapping back and forth from left to right handed hitting position is a pain in the butt. Not sure just yet what I will do, just now trying to see if I can even play left handed but the price for the GC Hawk puts it well out of my range.
                  I think Foresight price your GC2 based on when you purchased it. The older model worth less and model purchased after 2016 or 2017 (what I remembered) value higher. But wow, $5,500 for both gc2 and HMT? it's too low

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
                    BGCurtis2nd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I bought the GC2 and FSX 2018 and extra courses on 8-4-2018 the serial number for the GC2 is A12909, and I got the HMT on 1-18-2019 serial number on it is 0243-UV.

Originally posted by BGCurtis2nd View Post

The hawk is the best thing I’ve ever seen for left and right play. It will allow both in a 12 foot wide room easily.
                  My Courses:
                  World Par 3's by mthunt
                  Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                  Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                  Weston G&CC by mthunt
                  London Hunt Club L mthunt
                  Park CC Lidar mthunt
                  Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                  Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                  Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                  Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                  The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                  The National GC L mthunt
                  Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                  Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                  Markland Woods CC mthunt
                  Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                  Magna GC L mthunt
                  Barrie CC L mthunt
                  mthunt Range

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
                    BGCurtis2nd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like the GC Hawk setup and am very impressed with it, but I am a disabled veteran and my income just doesn't match up to that price. If I sold my GC2/HMT and FSX 2018 software all in one package I could most likely afford to Get the QED Uneekor and up grade my projector to 4K with out any added out of pocket, which impresses me even more. From what I have seen the QED Uneekor seems to do a really good job and to me the video of the club and ball impact is just as informative as the club data given by Foresight, which at this time the GC Hawk doesn't have.

I thought club data was inherent in the GCQ, since it's all one piece of hardware. Is it simply part of the software they don't turn on if you don't pay them for it?

Comment

Working...
                  X