Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @kchogan (NET) and @Wizard of Coz (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier!

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Sanderson Farms Championship with 2 rounds at Pine Valley ProTee Blue Tees by Craig118 : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...gc-in-the-name
See more
See less

Minimum GC2 setup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum GC2 setup?

Hi all,

considering ST or GC2 for my home build which will focus firstly on home practice and then maybe some sim play.

i wondered what the minimum setup required is for the GC2?

to compare, for ST I can simply buy the unit and link it to an iPad and then I’m ready to go (obviously with a hitting matt and screen)

however what do I need for GC2 as a minimum?

thanks

As far as a GC2 the minimum requirement is a pc to link to and a display device (if not using a laptop).

You are talking about two completely different price-points. For the amount of money you would likely spend on a gc2, you could be looking into a Uneekor which will give you ball and club data.

I have a SkyTrak, love it.

As for SimPlay both the ST and GC2 have similar Sim packages available, however GC2 does have FX sims and skills challenges. (I think this is an additional cost)

I think you need to think about budget and your simulator size area before you commit to a GC2 or ST. There are several new ball flight monitors on the market, and you can. Portability of ST and GC2 are roughly the same, with a little more flexibility as far as hitting area for the GC2.

Comment

Thanks, not heard of uneeker, but I’m in the UK so not sure if it’s over here.

yes, ST and GC2 are very different price points but still comparable.

Comment

For a minimum build, you can use a GC2 on its own. The GC2 has a built-in lcd display and the data read outs will give you enough information to extrapolate ball flight. This is bare minimum. Unlike SkyTrak, GC2 does not require a separate device for data display.

If you have an iOS device, you can link your device to the GC2 and use the mobile fitting/performance app (not sure what it’s called now). This free app will give you more data points than just the GC2 display, as well as a top-down or sideline view of your ball flight. This ball flight will not be in 3D, but it’s an upgrade to using the GC2 display with just numbers and extrapolating.

If you can afford an additional 3k, you can buy Foresight’s FSX software. This software provides a license key to unlock full use of FSX Mobile. FSX Mobile can link an iOS device to your GC2, but it provides full 3D ball flight, skill games, and other extras that are not available via the free performance/fitting app. FSX also includes a handful of simulated courses you can play if you have a powerful enough PC to run it. You must buy FSX to use FSX Mobile, but you don’t need a PC to use FSX Mobile.

If FSX sounds out of your price range, or you prefer to play TGC or JNPG, you can forego purchasing FSX and instead buy a (1) gaming PC/laptop and (2) your preferred non-FSX software.

Comment

• AggroCrag
          AggroCrag commented
          Editing a comment
          How do you get tgc2019 for gc2? I can’t find any concrete info on it.

• Anansi
          Anansi commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd contact ProTee and inquire with them about acquiring a software license. The GC2 is "officially" unsupported, but I've seen it running on a PC with a GC2 connected via bluetooth. Once you have your PC setup, you can purchase a license from ProTee and download the interface.

While I love my GC2, really miss the software package that Skytrak offers.

Unfortunately, to get the same from Foresight will cost a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybogey View Post
          While I love my GC2, really miss the software package that Skytrak offers.

Unfortunately, to get the same from Foresight will cost a ton.
          The foresight software is a joke compared to what you get with Skytrak. Their two “apps”, and I use that term lightly, are pretty crappy. To use the FSX Mobile app, I believe you need FSX, which is thousands of dollars. It’s seriously lacking in usability and functionality. The Foresight performance app is almost comical. Only shows 2d ball flight from top/side. It doesn’t even give a 3D shot shape like every other major vendor does.

Comment

I agree with the two comments above. While adding an HMT has been extremely beneficial for knowledge and understanding of the golf swing. I really miss the Skytrak app and the ability to randomize targets, and the wedge matrix had just come out when I switched.

Comment

Originally posted by Wundej View Post

The foresight software is a joke compared to what you get with Skytrak. Their two “apps”, and I use that term lightly, are pretty crappy. To use the FSX Mobile app, I believe you need FSX, which is thousands of dollars. It’s seriously lacking in usability and functionality. The Foresight performance app is almost comical. Only shows 2d ball flight from top/side. It doesn’t even give a 3D shot shape like every other major vendor does.
              The FREE Apps you get what you pay for. Its really not bad for a free app when you consider you are paying $100 per year for the premium skytrak range. Now if the free skytrak range better than the app, absolutely. I do think skytrak's premium range with skill assessments is very cool and thats the one thing most skytrak users miss when moving to a gc2.

FSX2018 is the best range software I have used (I have not used TM's range but heard its top notch). It offers swing cam integration, webportal saved sessions with swing video/ball/club data, and is really easy to use. It also what you see at most big box golf stores. Its expensive but its easy to use and just works.

Comment

• kalcormier
                kalcormier commented
                Editing a comment
                That's true. You do have to pay 100/month. I've been debating if I should bite the bullet and get FSX2018. It's just hard to spend 3K when I already have 3D ball flight with TGC and the other software and can use SchoGolf to record sessions. But having it all in one place would be awesome. Maybe I can find a deal from someone trying to get rid of it.

• Stingreye
                Stingreye commented
                Editing a comment
                its tough when comparing what you get for free and for the cost for TGC, but if I am doing swing work and swing camera work, FSX is just so easy to use. The web portal is nice to go back and review it. That being said, its expensive for what I use it for.
            Working...
            X