Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @DTrain24 (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Valero Texas Open with 2 rounds at GC of Houston (ProTee) V2 : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ero-texas-open
See more
See less

Advice for purchasing a GC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for purchasing a GC2

Hi All,

I’ve been considering upgrading from Skytrak to GC2. Realistically it’s a matter of “when”, not “if”...but anyway I was curious if you guys might have some advice on things to look for (or look out for) in terms of purchasing a GC2.

Sounds like I should be looking for a serial number that has an A in it? Is that right?

What about the software...is there a particular software package that I should be looking for? (I have TGC2019 already if that makes a difference)

There is some kind of license transfer fee associated with the software too, right?

Is there a good place to look for a used one? Obviously there’s usually a few at a time on eBay. Anywhere else that’s good to keep an eye on? What is a “good” price for a used one these days? Seems like they’re all around $3600-$4200...but again, not sure what (if any) software that includes.

Anything else to look for? I’ve seen a couple with extra flash modules. How often do those need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance.

I will leave it to others with more experience on GC2 for your more specific questions, but I think you can buy certified pre owned as well for about $5k and believe this includes the $500 transfer fee that you don’t get when buying used. Also wonder if there are sales as well as I know they do some good sales once and a while on their new stuff.

speaking of used units, I thought someone put one up here just the other day together with a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

• Godfather
      Godfather commented
      Editing a comment
      That was me. :-)

It’s a good move. I started with SkyTrak and TGC and made the move to GC2. At the time the license transfer was free, but there is a small fee now.

Bluetooth functionality can be offered afterwards, so you just need to verify. A GC2 comes Apple-enabled if the serial number begins with an “A”. I forgot to add the “A” in my listing :-/

I have had a GC2 (or 2) for a long time and haven’t needed to replace the flash yet. When needed, a user here (andygg1986) sells them for $150 last I saw.

Certified pre-owned are $5400. EBay and here are your best bets. Just beware of scams and pay with PayPal or in person if you get lucky.

Comment

• imflynn13
      imflynn13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thanks. I was just looking at the one you're selling. So no software is included with that one I assume? If that's the case, what software is needed/recommended for it?

Sorry I'm not too familiar with all the different software packages that foresight offers.
      Last edited by imflynn13; 02-15-2020, 11:42 PM.

• Godfather
      Godfather commented
      Editing a comment
      You can transfer TGC to GC2. Nothing else is needed. The range on iPad or iPhone is possible with a free app and Bluetooth.

• imflynn13
      imflynn13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok cool thanks for the info! Who needs two GC2's at the same time?? Unless you're running a golf shop or something?

Wondered is anyone does the lefty righty move with their GC2. I currently move the Skytrak for Righty Lefty and it works great. Can you put a handle on the protective cases for GC2? Is it easy to move? Very easy with Skytrak

Comment

• Ports
      Ports commented
      Editing a comment
      I have two gc2s working in tandem. After a few hiccups, it works fantastic.

Moving a gc2 isn't ideal and would suspect skytrak might be easier as it would be balanced better and doesn't hinge
Working...
X