Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @DTrain24 (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Valero Texas Open with 2 rounds at GC of Houston (ProTee) V2 : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ero-texas-open
See more
See less

Firmware update failed - now boot error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware update failed - now boot error

I was updating the firmware on a used gc2 I picked up, figured might as well get it all up to date (it was working perfectly before this, so I should have just left it alone...). Halfway through the update, it failed and is pretty bricked right. I attached an image of what I see when trying to turn it on now.

before paying the $500 transfer fee to foresight, and then whatever the repair costs end being, I figured I’d toss it out to this group.

If anyone has any ideas or experience troubleshooting these, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Brian
    Attached Files

Originally posted by abovethepin View Post
    I was updating the firmware on a used gc2 I picked up, figured might as well get it all up to date (it was working perfectly before this, so I should have just left it alone...). Halfway through the update, it failed and is pretty bricked right. I attached an image of what I see when trying to turn it on now.

before paying the $500 transfer fee to foresight, and then whatever the repair costs end being, I figured I’d toss it out to this group.

If anyone has any ideas or experience troubleshooting these, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Brian
    You installed the firmware wrong or it didn't install properly. You bricked the GC2. Simply reinstall the firmware. If that fails try another firmware.
    My Courses:
    London Hunt Club L mthunt RCR
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L RCR
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L RCR
    Twin Peaks Desert Fictional
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) RCR
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR) RCR
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L RCR
    National GC of Canada RCR
    Mississaugua G&CC mthunt RCR
    mthunt Range Fictional
    The Meadows 5047 mthunt Fictional

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

You installed the firmware wrong or it didn't install properly. You bricked the GC2. Simply reinstall the firmware. If that fails try another firmware.
      Thank you. It took about 15 attempts to get the PC to connect to the GC2, but it finally did and I am back in business. Phew.

Comment

Working...
      X