Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***fsx 2020 is available for download now***

Here's the link:

After you have it up and running let me know what looks new and what you think

FYI, FSX 2020 is 1.56GB for download planning purposes.

Comment

Some information and videos here

Seems the graphics on all courses has been updated...plus added footgolf and a new club gapping feature.
      Last edited by Jay28; 04-02-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I did a installation and had a quick session, but looks pretty all the same, Glass Break is additional. I will have a closer look this evening.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Jay28
          Jay28 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you see any improvements to graphics? That is what they said they were adding and also footgolf.

Anything special to install/activate from 2018? Just download and it finds its way to the proper location, etc?

I have the full sim in a box setup with the dedicated computer. GC Quad, etc.
        Last edited by smiddleton; 04-02-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• shellman19
          shellman19 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing tricky about the install. Just make sure you know if your computer is a 64 or 32 bit computer. Other than that the the exe file (the file you download from Foresight) pretty much walks you through it.
          Actually one other thing... make sure you get the measurements correct when it comes to the part for the "Simulator Configuration". If you never actually measured this it's worth doing to get your image to project correctly.

What is the difference between online and DONGLE? Which do I download? I connect my GCQuad with the supplied USB cable to my laptop and display my laptop on a flat screen tv.

Comment

• AdamV
          AdamV commented
          Editing a comment
          The dongle is a USB device that authorises your FSX license. Check your USB slots, no dongle and you’ve probably got an online license.

FCMTX75I don't think quads even have a dongle option anymore but I could be wrong on that. Either way... Do you have your computer connected to the internet? If yes 99% chance you want the online version. The software is the same, just different ways of unlocking it.

Comment

Does the FSX2020 update allow E6 integration or will this be separate?

Comment

All I'll say is meh.

This is mine using reshade, in which I could mess with all the coloring & stuff anyways. greens n fairways arent as pixly, but nothing to write home about.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Kgray247
              Kgray247 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd say it is better than before though at least. But not as realistically good as the competition out there..Tgc19, jnpg, or e6

Does anyone know if you are able to use Foot Golf with other launch monitors, i.e. CGC Quad setup or do you need the Hawk with this upgrade?

Comment

• Kgray247
              Kgray247 commented
              Editing a comment
              None of my courses show up in footgolf. That's pretty dumb if it's just for quad..

• abirdie4me
              abirdie4me commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like GCHawk only:

SOCCER PARAMETERS MEASURED INCLUDE:

Ball Speed
              Vertical and Horizontal Launch Angle
              Total Spin
              Back Spin
              Side Spin
              Tilt Axis
              Carry

Operating requirements:

GCHawk launch monitor
              PC operating Windows 7 or greater
              Recommend processor i7 (Gen6)
              Must have NVidia GeForce 1050 Ti video card or greater

Originally posted by shellman19 View Post
            FCMTX75I don't think quads even have a dongle option anymore but I could be wrong on that. Either way... Do you have your computer connected to the internet? If yes 99% chance you want the online version. The software is the same, just different ways of unlocking it.
            So just download and choose defaults or is there something else needed to unlock it or activate from FSX2018 I already have?

Comment

• shellman19
              shellman19 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just DL and choose defaults other than setting up the Sim Config correctly for your sim measurements. The window will pop up during the install and you will see what I am talking about.

• Kgray247
              Kgray247 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just install and run. Itll overwrite n run fine

• shellman19
              shellman19 commented
              Editing a comment
              Kgray247 yes

I agree with Kgray247 ... Don't get to excited other than the fact that they did not try and charge us for the upgrade. I honestly can't see anything graphics wise that I would have noticed if I was not desperately trying to make myself see. I'm guessing there are some bug fixes that I have not noticed yet. They did as a "Greenhouse" that you can hit balls into and break the glass. Seems like the kind of thing that I will do twice and then never use again. If they got rid of bugs in game play then I'll be happy... other than that....
            Here are some pics:
            Attached Files

Comment

• Kgray247
              Kgray247 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, texturing is a little bit better in it. The range looks absolutely the same though..

• AdamV
              AdamV commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you have to download all the courses again? Would be good to see Pebble, Wentworth and others that were always the better ones in terms of graphics.

Will likely upgrade this weekend.

• Kgray247
              Kgray247 commented
              Editing a comment
              Courses were all in there already. I dont have pebble or those premium. No courses show up in footgolf, assuming that's only for quad, which is pretty crappy.

smiddleton This is the Sim Config window
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20200402_095524.jpg
Views:	3954
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	256903
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shellman19 View Post
              smiddleton This is the Sim Config window
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20200402_095524.jpg
Views:	3954
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	256903
              I never saw that screen when I setup the sim in a box with my Quad; thanks for the tip. I'll be ready.

Comment

How do you purchase FSX 2020? Just recieved my GC2 two days ago. I'm on the Foresight website under the FSX 2020 section but don't see the option to purchase.

Don't see it in the Shop section either.

Comment

• shellman19
                  shellman19 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SimGolf84 Do you already own a previous version of FSX software?
                  Last edited by shellman19; 04-02-2020, 08:25 PM.
              Working...
              X