GCQuad with TGC up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCQuad with TGC up and running

I listed the steps I took to get this thing going. I just got done playing a round at a famous course down South where a big tourney was supposed to be held this weekend.

Step 1: Buy this: https://golfsimulatorstore.com/colle...13246583636067 - this part is a pain because you need to install protee and TGC and wait for all your licenses to come via email.

Step 2: Configure protee as instructed in other posts. Basically - you need to just change 1 setting to configure it to external data

Step 3: Install GQSX.com - pm me if you need this

Step 4: Connect the Quad to the computer via wifi

Step 5: Connect to internet either via ethernet cable or another wifi card and bridge connections - this allows to connect to internet and qcquad at the same time

Step 6: Launch Protee then GQSX (click on connect) then start TGC

It should now work. No needing all that other stuff like you do for the GC2.

One note - that link is to TGC+TGC2019 which costs a few hundred dollars more and most will agree you’ll never use the old TGC

Comment

Ya you dont need the old one. Guess I spent a little more than I should have.

Comment

• AdamV
        AdamV commented
        Editing a comment
        Did the ProTee interface come in that bundle? Maybe it doesn’t come with TGC2019 stand alone?

• Hubbahub32
        Hubbahub32 commented
        Editing a comment
        AdamV Yes. The protee interface along with GSX come with the bundle.

• Hubbahub32
        Hubbahub32 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry. Just remembered this was a thread for the Quad. I would assume you still get the protee interface from the purchase but I believe the GQSX comes from mthunt. Good luck.

What’s the difference between TGC+TGC 2019 and just TGC 2019 alone?

Comment

TGC alone is just the old version. But you still need the protee interface.
        Last edited by jrock000; 04-12-2020, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrock000 View Post
          TGC alone is just the old version. But you still need the protee interface.
          Well i’m talking about TGC 2019 alone. See link below. It’s cheaper than the combo link in this thread.

The Ultimate Golf Simulation Experience with 150,000+ pre-designed courses and online play. The most advanced and affordable 3D golf simulator software.

Comment

Ok, i guess TGC + TGC 2019 gives you old TGC and TGC 2019? And hence the comment you will never use the old TGC? The comment makes sense but the fact that they offer the bundle is weird. I mean is there a real use case for someone using both an old version of a software and the latest version?

Comment

I that is the one I should've bought. I didn't realize the link you provided also gives the protee interface.

Comment

• AdamV
                AdamV commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeh, I think they offer: a TGC2019 upgrade at one price for existing TGC users; TGC2019 + ProTee at another price; and then a TGC+TGC2019+ProTee bundle.

One thing I should have asked - is it good using the Quad? I’ve only ever seen on a friends SkyTrak, but I have a Quad with FSX.

Graphics are obviously great, but how does the physics compare to FSX eg ball flight, rollout, chipping and putting?

Comment

FSX completely sucks compared to this. FSX was $3000 plus $150 to $500 per course????? Plus, TGC is 10x more fun to play. I wish I never bought FSX. It is complete crap compared to TGC. And it's only around a grand with all the courses for free. It completely took my sim experience up many notches.

Comment

• AdamV
                  AdamV commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right, think you’ve sold me! When I bought the Quad early 2019 there was no GSQX interface (not that I could find), very keen to do it now that I know there is one and it works. Have always worried FS would do something to block it.

Here is GQSX. I'll leave it up for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ma View Post

Well i’m talking about TGC 2019 alone. See link below. It’s cheaper than the combo link in this thread.

https://golfsimulatorstore.com/produ...13246550114403
                  So If I have never had TGC this is the link to what I need to make it all work per the directions?

Comment

Originally posted by -MG- View Post

So If I have never had TGC this is the link to what I need to make it all work per the directions?
                  Yes. Select ProTee as your system. Install ProTee interface and TGC. Follow instructions for GC2 in Foresight section and replace GSX with GSXQ
                  My Courses:
                  World Par 3's by mthunt
                  Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                  Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                  Weston G&CC by mthunt
                  London Hunt Club L mthunt
                  Park CC Lidar mthunt
                  Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                  Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                  Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                  Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                  The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                  The National GC L mthunt
                  Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                  Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                  Markland Woods CC mthunt
                  Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                  Magna GC L mthunt
                  Barrie CC L mthunt
                  mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by AdamV View Post
                    One thing I should have asked - is it good using the Quad? I’ve only ever seen on a friends SkyTrak, but I have a Quad with FSX.

Graphics are obviously great, but how does the physics compare to FSX eg ball flight, rollout, chipping and putting?
                    I’d like to echo the same question/concern. I think I read it somewhere that TGC uses its own ball physics and is not as realistic in terms of ball trajectory and distance. Is that true?

Comment

No, all the launch data is captured by the GCQuad. It's the same as in FSX.

Also, you don't have to follow the instructions in the GC2 section. The whole COM port and all that is not applicable.

Comment

Working...
                      X