Anyone buy E6 Connect yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone buy E6 Connect yet?

I'm on the fence and I hopped in here hoping to hear some opinions. Thanks!

Originally posted by Flipper888 View Post
    Got E6 Connect working with my GCQuad. However, for an unknown reason my carry distance is off with low irons and woods (E6 datat vs GCQuad). It is pretty much the same with wedges and irons up to 7-iron.
    I then realized that at the ball peak height is about 30-50% lower with E6 than FSX2020 when comparing E6 Connect and FSX2020 on the range. DOes anyone experienced similar problems ?
    I’m experiencing further carry distance with my irons and less with my woods. I can’t figure it out.

the course play is excellent otherwise, graphics are a big upgrade but the ball data is definitely off.

Comment

Ball flight is unrealistic with E6 Connect and GCQuad, it is very disappointing considering the $$$

Comment

Overall I agree with everyone's comments. I have a GC2 and a 4k projector in my setup with an RTX 2080 ti graphics card. The E6 playability is the best. The graphics are just a bit less than TGC 2019 but are unique to each course. I purchased the premium courses for Pebble Beach so I could compare each. But after playing extensively the last several days while we are snowed in, I have also noticed that the ball flight data is definitely off and can be off by well over 20-30 yards on a driver or long irons.

I had 3 friends over to play Pebble yesterday and all of us thought our distances were off particularly on our drives and fairway woods. Then I noticed that the GC2 readouts were giving accurate numbers on its display but the E6 display was off by quite a bit most of the time. Where I would hit a 5 wood 210 yards in 2020 it would only show 179- 190 yards. So after everyone left I went back and forth from the FSX 2020 range to the E6 range to compare all of my clubs. I hit over 100 shots and every shot on the E6 range showed less distance than the GC2 display and again on the longer clubs the distance discrepancies were exaggerated more.

I have reported this to Steve the manager of integration for the E6 foresight product and they said they are now getting other calls from Foresight users and are just now starting to work with Foresight development team to adjust the algorithms to correct for this. So stay tuned. We will likely see a fix for this in the next week or so since so many were reporting the same thing to them.

They are aware this is a must fix and are on the problem now. I will report back once I hear more from their support group and Foresight's.

Thanks,

Greg

Comment

• Flipper888
          Flipper888 commented
          Editing a comment
          Had also a message from Steve at E6 and he taught the problem was that I wind was not set at off on both the range and the courses, told him that I doubled checked and not any wind in the simulations. I think that Foreisght support reps are right when they say the problem is not the hardware but obviously E6 Connect code, which gets the right values from the Quad, has an algorithm problem.... 2,500$ with great graphics but poor game play !?!?

I have also noted this and messaged the support team.
        They are beginning to hear same complaints from other users. The perception however from the message back was that they are looking into it but That 99 percent plus is very pleased with the integration.
        I think it would be important for people to let them know this is an unacceptable problem . The money we pay to upgrade is not insignificant. If more users voice displeasure maybe something gets fixed sooner than later .

Comment

Originally posted by Vfroma View Post
          I have also noted this and messaged the support team.
          They are beginning to hear same complaints from other users. The perception however from the message back was that they are looking into it but That 99 percent plus is very pleased with the integration.
          I think it would be important for people to let them know this is an unacceptable problem . The money we pay to upgrade is not insignificant. If more users voice displeasure maybe something gets fixed sooner than later .
          I agree, who should I contact? Thank you

Comment

You want to report to both E6 and Foresight support and ask for Steve the manager at E6 who is in charge of the integration support for them. These guys are very good and are very diligent in getting things done but he is relying on Foresight to give him development support which could be a bottleneck.

Foresight support will forward your comments to their development team that did the integration which is why we need to let them know. Foresight support generally are refering all E6 support questions to E6 but these types of development issues need to be logged from multiple Foresight clients to get on their radar.

Steve the E6 support manager just asked me to take screen shots or pictures of the GC2 screen and the E6 shot data screen for each of several different club shots. I find more of a discrepancy with the longer clubs and he thinks this might be caused by excessively high backspins. I know it has been well documented in our forums that E6’s backspin data is exaggerated so I wonder if this is the cause?

He also asked about my altitude settings. I do have my FX 2020 set for high altitude living in Colorado. shot. I could not find any setting in E6 to adjust for elevation so it’s also possible that the GC2 is sending sea level shot data to E6 and high altitude data to FX 2020 because the altitude adjustment are embedded in 2020?...

If any of you new Foresight E6 users are seeing the same kind of thing it’s very important that we all report this now while they are still in the development cycle for this integration or it may get shoved under the rug...

Thanks,

Greg Colley

Comment

I have had similar problems with Uneekor and E6. Months ago I reported to E6 that when using Uneekor ignite software at the same time as the range in E6 I was getting upwards of 11 yards extra carry on my 7 iron through 4 iron and seeing as much as 18-20 or more on Hybrids and 3 wood.

Uneekor is very accurate to what I see outside for my irons so I knew E6 was way off. They tried telling me it was Wind, elevation etc when i was on the flat range with no wind or elevation on. Their algorithm is garbage.

Thankfully a few of us brought up the issue to Uneekor and they built in the software the ability to use direct data from the launch monitor and bypass the garbage algorithm of E6 Connect so I now get my correct carry distances on every club in game

E6 will play the blame game with Foresight and never fix the issue. They have know about this stuff for months

Comment

I thought Foresight insisted on using their own algorithm with E6?

Comment

I also believed that Foresight has « shared » their code with E6 to make sure their hardware would be compatible with the game/software. Obviously both companies did not work together at all.

Comment

I had tested E6connect range with gc2 with wind off and elevation set to 0. This was suggested by E6support . There was still a consistent 15-20 yard carry difference between E6(lower) compared with numbers from gc2.
                    E6support got back to me today and said Foreseight is going to update their integration with their own ball flight model to address this problem .
                    Steve Wynn from E6 had no specific ETA but expected this in the next few weeks.

Comment

Waiting for this future update from Foresight for E6 Connect, no fun playing when your carry distance with your driver is 30% shorter.....

Comment

I've been using it with my quad for over a week now. If you're wanting to play normal game play not online it works great and is very enjoyable. If you want to play online, it doesn't seem to be working yet

Comment

distances are way off comparing e6 to FSX. Something is up with the long carry in e6, its not normal but hopefully fixable someday soon

Comment

I haven't had any of these issues in E6 outside of my 3-iron, 3-wood and driver. One thing that I've preferred with E6 is the ball flight. With FSX and my GC2, I get big overdraws. Enough that it really messes up my game and makes FSX almost unplayable for me. In E6 I the ball flight seemed much more true to life. Anyone else have problems with FSX overdrawing the ball, and E6 having "normal" ball flights? I'm afraid of this if E6 uses the FSX ball flight algorithm at some point.

Comment

I have issues with over draws IMO. Could be the indoor thing messing with my mind, but it happens more on FSX. However, yesterday while playing a round on E6 I had several drives that were off by 30-40 yards. My quad would read 250 carry and E6 was at 220. I wasn't playing in heavy wind and it was fairly flat course. Not sure why, but it was frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X