Different numbers outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different numbers outside

Our courses range opened up this week. Just on mats as grass isn't ready yet. I have been using my quad all winter so I have a good idea of my numbers. Outside today things seemed a lot faster and a lot longer. I couldn't judge accuracy with the ballflight as there was a 30 knot wind in my face. But the quad was reading club speed significantly higher than indoor as well as carry distance. When the quad was setup outside there was about a 3 inch space between. The quad and the hitting surface. It was at ball level. Any help is appreciated

Are you just that amped to be hitting outside after a long winter? I would be

Comment

Probably swing more freely,. people do not understand how much indoors makes them swing constricted

Comment

I thought about the indoor thing. But I have my own sim and I swing everyday. Could it still be that much of a difference outside?

Comment

• Jnc10
          Jnc10 commented
          Editing a comment
          at the beginning my numbers were way worse indoors. took about a month before they leveled out. I do have 11 foot ceilings so that does help. low ceilings would still affect your indoor swing.

What's your ball speed, spin numbers for indoor and out? What balls were being used? Range or premium ? Spin can have a big impact on distance.

Comment

I use prov1s in the sim. At the range were range balls...spin numbers are normal for distances.

Comment

Do you have the club data with your Quad? Was your discrepancy in ball data, club data, or both?

Comment

I hit thousands of balls in my dedicated garage sim, 14 ft ceilings, and I was a plus handicap for about half of last season... and I am always a club longer outside. That’s just how it is. I don’t think I’ll ever get to the point I have the same speed inside that I have out.

I think what isn’t said about hitting inside versus out is that they are more different than the same. Outside it’s a three dimensional environment you’re not hitting into a 2D screen. No wind, rough, slopes, shadows, the flow of hitting is different, regardless of if you walk or ride, the ball is louder inside. Then, of course there are things like turf, balls spin a minimum 1000 RPM less off my fiberbuilt mat, that loss of spin is lost compression, that ball speed lost too. I hit shanks all the time inside but I’ve gone years without hitting one on the course. it’s just a different game even though the seem very similar.

Comment

My discrepancy is with both. Ckub data and ball data. The quad just seems to show me hitting harder and faster outside.

Comment

Originally posted by GSchofield62 View Post
                  My discrepancy is with both. Ckub data and ball data. The quad just seems to show me hitting harder and faster outside.
                  If your club and ball data is showing bigger #'s outside, then you have indoor swing syndrome. Without seeing specific #'s for both indoor and outdoor, it can only be indoor swing syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                  X