Best FSX Play Courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best FSX Play Courses

There are a few FSX2020 "favorite course" threads, thought I would start a thread specific to those courses avail for FSX Play. For me I still like Colonial and Maryland and I must say I am enjoying the Crans-sur-Sierre more than I thought I would. And I really like the improvements to La Jolla Pines (but that is more sentimental). Harbor Town will be a great add I think when it shows.

Thoughts?

I have over 45 FSX Play courses, and Wentworth is the only one (with the exception of the free ones) that’s been converted.
    I got an email about Harbour Town yesterday, which really p1ssed me off - the fact that they’re creating new courses for revenue rather than converting the existing ones that they promised they’d be doing. I expected them to be getting at least the premium Pebble / St Andrew’s courses up to date as a priority.

I’m away this week, so haven’t managed to download / try my free Del Monte course yet… but with the amount of bugs in FSX Play, I doubt I’ll be rushing to play it anyway.

I refuse to buy any more - so as things stand I can’t tell you any of my favourite Play courses!
    Foresight make great hardware… but their software development is appalling.

Comment

• sinkingputts
      sinkingputts commented
      Editing a comment
      It does suck but you got a look at it from their point of view. They want to make money so the best way is to create new tracks that nobody owns yet. I actually hope they do make new courses but actually ones we want. Sawgrass, Riviera, Bay Hill, Pinehurst, Turnberry, Valhalla, etc, etc. How about focusing on just course that host majors, PGA tour stops and WGC events. I’d rather them fix all the bugs before more course come out

• jasonreg
      jasonreg commented
      Editing a comment
      While I agree to a point that I would like to see Sawgrass, Pinehurst etc. as well, and I will get Harbor Town, I agree with p3eps that I would prefer that my existing courses are avail in Play first. Some of us have made a fairly large investment to be forced to buy new courses just to play the new software. All said, though, my preference as I have said elsewhere is for FS to fix FSX Play and increase functionality rather than keep cranking out courses new or otherwise ......

• Snipe
      Snipe commented
      Editing a comment
      This summarizes my experience with Foresight. They have zero customer loyalty once you've purchased from them. The fact that they haven't converted their precious "Premium Courses" is greedy and inexcusable.

I agree to some extent...might be a little early to ask for favorite courses but maybe not to that extreme. The add of Harbour Town I think seems just to give people a reason to upgrade if they haven't yet. Maybe Del Monte wasn't enough and some people would be more motivated by HT. I'm sure they are doing all they can to just get as many as they can to upgrade and that makes sense.

Rumor is that a Play update is coming, but hope it's enough. I agree on Pebble (and the other PB courses), I wish they would hurry with those, but I also want them done right.

Comment

I don’t really disagree with any of that. Having already purchased Play (and having received the courses incl. Del Monte) I will need to buy another Play course to get HT “free”. Despite my reluctance, I will be getting HT - love that course - so might as well take the 2-For.

I did notice that Del Monte was by far the largest download for a course to date. I hope that translates into improvements in future courses as well.

Comment

Lots more courses just released…

Foresight Sports provides our FSX2020 Download and Installation Guide to walk you through the steps to download and install your FSX2020 software.

Comment

• p3eps
          p3eps commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks - just shame they seem to be doing them newest to oldest.
          Most of mine are original courses as I’ve been using FSX since it first came out and used to buy lots of courses. Have only bought a couple in the last few years. I think that’ll now be me with Arcadia Ranch, Wentworth and all the defaults!!

• jasonreg
          jasonreg commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks - yup 10 more courses - unfortunately only one of which I own (Schuylkill). Wish we would see the FSX Play Upgrade vs more courses at this point......

Two of the courses that I have in FSX 2020 have been released Schuylkill Country Club and Kinsale Golf and Fitness Club.
        Schuylkill loaded and installed fine but Kinsale comes up with an error when trying to download. Error says blob not found. Anyone else?

Comment

• Kmurray
          Kmurray commented
          Editing a comment
          Have now raised a ticket with Foresight....tried to download again today and got the same message as yesterday

BlobNotFoundThe specified blob does not exist. RequestId:efdfe202-f01e-0113-6a53-52d0ce000000 Time:2022-04-17T12:05:53.9209917Z

Real club Valderama is an absolute beast. Bring your A game for that one.

Comment

Anyone heard anything about the Harbor Town release for FSX Play? Was supposed to be "after 11 May" - which is I suppose pretty subjective. Love that course.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonreg View Post
            Anyone heard anything about the Harbor Town release for FSX Play? Was supposed to be "after 11 May" - which is I suppose pretty subjective. Love that course.
            It’s available. I downloaded it last week

Comment

• sinkingputts
              sinkingputts commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't see Harbor Town yet. Unless they are calling it something different.

Harbour Town Golf Links. They emailed me last week. Was part of a promo when I bought Play.

Comment

Sorry - did they email you a separate link? I too qualify for it but do not see it for download ......

Comment

• jasonreg
                jasonreg commented
                Editing a comment
                So - yeah - just got my email as well. Can't wait to try it out!

Originally posted by jasonreg View Post
              Sorry - did they email you a separate link? I too qualify for it but do not see it for download ......
              Yes, emailed a separate link

Comment

I received my email link for Harbour Town this morning- will install this evening.

Comment

Working...
                X