Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf Simulator Forum wants your opinions about GC2 to be heard!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Simulator Forum wants your opinions about GC2 to be heard!

Dear GC2 owner,

We would like to hear your honest opinion about the Foresight GC2 (positive or negative) so new simulator owners can get the information they need to make smart buying choices.

You can use the following link to write your review: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/review/gc2

Thank you!!

GSF

PS: You do not have to be a member of the forum to write a review.

I tried to post a review several times and each time the catha phrase would not enter. It kept saying it was wrong. Even though it was correctly typed.
    GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

• GSF_Admin
      GSF_Admin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats weird. What browser are you using?

It may be case sensitive. Did you try with upper case?

Comment

• Rcush88
      Rcush88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bubba this is off topic but what simulators do you currently have and have previously owned and what's your favorites?

• Bubba22
      Bubba22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had Launchpad sim, Optishot, P3Pro, ProTee and Skytrak. Also have Accusport ball monitor, Vector, ball speed monitor, Yupiteru ball monitor. My local golf club has a Trugolf Sim and Trackman that we use in the winter. Favorite is ProTee with TGC.

• Rcush88
      Rcush88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!
      I have had the p3 and now skytrak since sept. Waiting on the es16 if it's more accurate and can get a good price for my skytrak if it pans out to be as good as everyone says.

Originally posted by bubs3141 View Post
    I tried to post a review several times and each time the catha phrase would not enter. It kept saying it was wrong. Even though it was correctly typed.
    I tried this again with Safari. I use and iMac. Still says CAPCHA not correct. I typed it exactly as it is.
    GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

I tried a few times yesterday as well from my iPad/Safari and had the same captcha issue.

Scratch

Comment

• luv2golf
        luv2golf commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem here.........used a PC though and not a tablet or IOS device

I have had the CG2 since they first came out. I had the old program and loved it. When they came out with the new software I wanted to upgrade. . I ended up buying the new program and a new computer because the old one wasn't fast enough. I was told that I could get a free one for one exchange on the courses I previously purchased (20) for the old program. Much to my disappointment and displeasure, I had to pay for the new courses. The graphics on the new program are excellent and I always loved the cg2. I found that the support has been very good. But, (there always is a but), the graphics are too much for the computer with some of the courses. The ball flight bogs down so much that the ball barely moves. On the courses that do work ( most of them), it is without a dought, excellent. They are working on those problems. The question you probably want to know, would I upgraded knowing these problems existed, yes, even tho it is expensive.

Comment

Read the reviews. I'm convinced. Going to treat myself to new gc2 for Christmas.

Comment

So since using my gc2 over the weekend I can now compare the Skytrak and gc2.

What I notice right away is the delay. I know I've read on here that some don't mind the delay with the Skytrak but for myself I could never get over that hurdle of waiting 3 sec for a shot. For me it didn't feel real. When you play real golf you get instance feed back so why wouldn't you want instant feed back from the simulator. The second thing I liked with the gc2 is the instant feed back from the unit displayed on the machine. Skytrak you have to go back and forth to your computer or iPad. When It came to putting/chipping I had no issues gc2 reading on perfect golf. Skytrak still had those issues.

I do believe that Skytrak and gc2 were very close with the ball data.

So with the being said If you can handle the delay and running back and forth to see your shots on computer then Skytrak would work. If your use to playing a simulator that has instant feed back the gc2 is the way to go.

So far I have had great success with the gc2 and no complaints. I alwYs look forward to a session if it's practicing hitting balls on the range or playing some golf.

Comment

Did you buy a new or used GC2?

Comment

I'm seriously considering buying a new GC2. The big question is what software to buy - FSX, PG, TGC, E6. I suspect there's a GC2-related thread dealing with this issue. Can anyone direct me to it so that I start doing my own homework? Thank you in advance.
              Last edited by Mickey; 12-15-2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• luv2golf
                luv2golf commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't buy the FSX software it's not worth it and there isn't much value there.

Get either TGC or Perfect Golf. Stay away from E6. Start reading threads and doing your own due diligence.

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                If I'm not mistaken, you need a Protee interface to use E6. Begs the question of why buy TGC to get E6? Both TGC and PG work great but only TGC is available right now. PG is in beta.

I purchased a new GC2 in November 2015 with 6 FSX courses. Courses are great but had a few glitches - more than a few times the screen would lock and there was no recovery - had to reboot and lost the round. However, I love the GC2 and the customer service from FS has been great. No complaints there. I know they are continually working to improve the product and software so I would recommend the GC2 to anyone.

After too many issues with the FSX software I bought TGC and love it. Works without issue and love the huge number of course options. Sometime soon I'll try entering a tournament. I do still use the FSX Fitting software as it provides a lot of useful data on your ball flight.

Comment

Welcome LipOut. Join the tour and play in a few events. It's great fun!

Comment

I am very pleased with the accuracy of my GC2 and I do recommend this product to others. What is the advantage of using 4k software if your projector's native resolution is 1920 x 1080 (HD) or 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA)? Along this reasoning, one would also need to have appropriate screen dimensions to fully appreciate the projector's native resolution, i.e 16 ft x 9 ft and 16 ft x 10 ft, respectively. Once one starts to use keystone correction to fit the image on the screen, the image/resolution will be distorted. I will move this topic to another thread. But relevant, since companies are marketing 4k software for golf simulation.

Comment

• Eagle1
                    Eagle1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I recently upgraded my GPU and hence tried 4K on TGC. It looks fantastic, even my wife noticed. I have a Jvc projector with 1920x1080 native resolution.

• aja
                    aja commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Eagle1 Whatever you projected, even if you say you set it at 4K, the image would have no higher resolution than your projector's native resolution, in your case 1920 x 1080. Not sure why you say it was a noticeable difference unless you weren't maximizing your resolution with your previous settings.

Good to know. If you don't mind me asking, what are your computer's spec. I recently upgraded my graphics card to Nvidia GTX 970 and significantly improved play. My point is that what one views on their impact screen is in large part a function of their projector's native resolution. I have a Panasonic WUXGA 1929x1200 and 4K resolution 4096 X 2160 could never be achieved with my projector (nor the GTX 970). However my GTX 970 allows me to run TGC at WUXGA and at high quality. I am contemplating whether the next step is to upgrade to GTX 980i so to fully maximize FPS at maximum settings. However this is a topic for another thread . .

Comment

A company can offer the best product available on the market but, if they are not open and up front about their product (including the pricing), they are not likely to win my business.

Comment

Working...
                    X