Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New (used) GC2...and need some guidance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (used) GC2...and need some guidance.

Received my GC2 from Aero today, and looking forward to getting going on the rest of my sim. I briefly tested the unit, and it read the shots I hit. I will not be using sim software for a bit, as I am still gathering info on some of the things I need going forward. One thing I did decide to do was purchase the iPad app (fitting). I know without HMT it is limited on info, but the visuals are better than the GC2 display, along with some basic ball flight data. My iPad recognizes the GC2, but while trying to connect, I get an error message that says "Unable to connect because this GC2 is not supported". The unit is a GC2A. I don't have it in front of me, but version number is 2.0.1...something else. Is this the firmware version? Is this a firmware/driver issue? I have not registered with FS yet, but do I need to do that to use the app? Any input would be appreciated.

The issue isn't registration. I'm 99% sure it's not firmware either. Are you sure it's an A? What firmware are you using? Try a different one.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

The unit is an A. Both the serial number sticker and display serial match. Sticker is Ser# A76$#. Display does not show the A in the menu, but same serial. The iPad also recognizes the unit via bluetooth, but simply getting the error message about not being supported. The version is 2.0...way outdated? In reading through threads, seems 3.5 or 4.0 are the most effective ones? I think Aero is going to look into also after I try a different firmware.

Comment

in the display it will not show the A i sent you the updated firmware try this out and let me know

Comment

• leoapd
          leoapd commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing in the email I sent you.

I have a gc2a and I'm running 3.5.1 firmware. Per mthunts suggestion.. works very well.

Comment

Working...
        X