Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Gary Satterwhite winning the TGC 2017 Summer Tour - PGA Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Summer Tour - Wyndham Championship with 2 rounds at Tobacco Dunes Golf Club ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...m-championship
See more
See less

Bought a House with full Swing simulator - need Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a House with full Swing simulator - need Help

I bought a house with a simulator from Full swing golf. I talked to the rep there and he said I needed all new computer etc. probably with new sensors...does anyone have any idea where I can perhaps buy a computer that runs an upgraded full swing system, trust Someone to give me advice without saying I need to invest $10-20k to make it work great, etc.

also, my panansonic projector is really bad, but maybe it's the bulb? A new one is 4-5k so it's no cheapo...maybe it's the computer video card...the bad thing is that's it's running on xP

any help would be so appreciated

BT

What are specs of computer? You will need windows 7 or 10. A fast video card and ram. My advice would be go to e6 website. That is the software that runs on a full swing. Go to the specs for e6 version 1.6. Make your computer meet those specs. If you don't already have version 1.6 you will need to get it. Then contact full swing and have them do a remote and update your program. If you need sensor repair they will have to come to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

• Bctoma
      Bctoma commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, will do, thank you

Get the specs from full swing first. Then if you know someone that can build you a desktop with the specifics you need that's the way to go. I had a guy build me an SSD desktop with monitor, 3.4gz 8g ram and a super hd graphics card. it only has 128gb of memory but it's dedicated to my sim only. I payed 600 bucks. Then you can go to tigerdirect.com and find a projector for around 300 to 400. and your all set. That's what I payed. 600 for my computer and 350 for the projector new. The projector was the year prior model, but who cares it works awesome with my gc2 and Tgc software. Good luck..

Comment

• Bctoma
      Bctoma commented
      Editing a comment
      The guy at full swing told me I had to buy a computer off of them and that it had to be built by them

Dear BT! You have bought a home with an old, outdated Full Swing golf sim. The clue is that it runs on Windows XP.

I looked into buying a used FS sim some time ago before I set up my current sim. Did quite a bit of research, but conclusion was pretty clear - old system, old technology... There are better, less expensive alternatives to getting a better performing golf sim.

If you really do decide to update your set-up it won't be cheap. The new computer will be the least of your worries.

My guess is that the Panasonic projector is quite an old model. Best bet would be to replace it with a modern projector.

The software that likely runs on Win XP is very old school. So a software update is likely in the cards to get a decent sim comparable to today's products.

Then the "sensor" question... Full Swing systems include a "self-test" that pinpoints problems with the sensor tracks. If you can get you system to run at all, then you should be able to run the self test to see for yourself the state of the sensors. Next question is, whether the current configuration works with modern FS software.

Sure, the FS rep is interested in updating your system - it's money in his pocket! Realize that you don't have to be locked into FS as the only sim option, just because it's already there. You are basically being told to update an "Edsel", but you don't have to buy from the same manufacturer at all.

I'd consider it a plus that you at least have an area ready for use with any one of a number of different golf sim options. The space is set up for a golf sim, that's a given. Hopefully the impact screen is in good shape. The FS screens are quite good and can be replaced for a reasonable cost. There's probably a hitting mat to hit from.

Instead of being locked into an FS sim option, there is absolutely no reason that you could not put in a ProTee, Skytrak or GC2 and team it with TGC sim software. A new projector will likely give you much better resolution than the Panasonic and be less expensive! New computer, no doubt about it, but hey you're replacing something that runs Windows XP!

Comment

• Bctoma
      Bctoma commented
      Editing a comment
      Great feedback...you are right about the update...not sure i want to spend money on a system that has old sensors too...ill take a look at the systems you mentioned and again I appreciate your response

Agree with AJ. update the system. protee is very good and tgc software is excellent which most of us have. i think theres a a member here selling his protee set up for 2000.00 which a smoking deal. look at the recent post section or use the search engine on this site. I have used to have protee hardware but recently sold it and bought a gc2 that works with my protee software and tgc software. Although gc2 is expensive 6500 new and about 4000 used, It's one of the best set ups. I'd research into having a computer built and getting a new projector like an optoma. You can buy a really good gaming desktop computer at a reasonable price these days. just make sure it has a really good hd graphics card to run today's software. Especially if you invest in tgc.

Comment

The house came with a free simulator? Not a free house with a $60,000 simulator......makes sense,,, salvage what you can and start over...GC2 and TGC , new desktop and projector

Comment

I agree with Boo

Comment

Well done - I had a hard enough time convincing the wife it was worth paying extra for short pile artificial grass for the deck (because it didn't need sanding, didn't mention putting)

Comment

Working...
          X