Deep rough - so frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep rough - so frustrating

My biggest pet peeve with CG3D, and maybe it's how these courses are in real life, I don't know, is courses that have the 30-40% influence rough immediately off the fairway. And when will I learn that when you get in that stuff, it's just a chop out back to the fairway? Can't tell you how may times I thought I pured a 6 or 7 iron out of that and then it goes about 85 yards.

Originally posted by bh18 View Post
    My biggest pet peeve with CG3D, and maybe it's how these courses are in real life, I don't know, is courses that have the 30-40% influence rough immediately off the fairway. And when will I learn that when you get in that stuff, it's just a chop out back to the fairway? Can't tell you how may times I thought I pured a 6 or 7 iron out of that and then it goes about 85 yards.
    Yeah it's a bitch.. made me play smarter at times that's for sure. hit more 4 woods off the tee than drivers some rounds. gotta get your calculator out on those 30-40% shots and pray you get it there lol. I have got used to it and like it because otherwise you can get on the green every time even on bad shots

Comment

That’s a bit excessive. I’m kind of glad I’m on a version before those changes were added.

Comment

• Mirek_62
        Mirek_62 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can disable this function in the settings. No need to play the old version of the program.

• Godfather
        Godfather commented
        Editing a comment
        Mirek_62 I am unable to upgrade beyond a certain point because it requires a FSX account. Now I have one with my BLP, but still not sure if I can for my GC2.

Originally posted by Godfather View Post
      That’s a bit excessive. I’m kind of glad I’m on a version before those changes were added.
      there are different levels of rough. Usually 30-40% is in the weeds or fescue type stuff but I have run into it just off fairways also

Comment

I'm fine with it, I'm glad it adds a penalty, but it's way more than 30-40%! Maybe if they renamed it to 'in the rubbish' or something.

Definitely hitting the fairway is a premium, even if you have to give up distance.
        I've found the 8-12% rough is about a one-club penalty. 12-18% (not sure if I've got the numbers right) is about two clubs but if you hit anything low lofted it doesn't go too far. And the 30-40% is basically a pitch-out.

Comment

Originally posted by bh18 View Post
          I'm fine with it, I'm glad it adds a penalty, but it's way more than 30-40%! Maybe if they renamed it to 'in the rubbish' or something.

Definitely hitting the fairway is a premium, even if you have to give up distance.
          I've found the 8-12% rough is about a one-club penalty. 12-18% (not sure if I've got the numbers right) is about two clubs but if you hit anything low lofted it doesn't go too far. And the 30-40% is basically a pitch-out.
          I've never seen it be even 40%.. Lots in the 30's but never actually reach 40% in the after shot screen

I take it back, just skimmed through a video I had saved from Ballbunion Old Course and I had two over 40% and 1 at 39%
          That was the hardest course to play despite not having a tree or water anywhere on the course. Heavy rough everywhere you miss, it was brutal
          Last edited by Jwheels9876; 01-17-2022, 07:54 PM.

Comment

It is important to note that the % is calculated from the total length. So if you would normally play 100m, in the case of Rough 40% it would only be 60m.

And 40% is relistic if the ball is sunk in the rought so that you can't even see it and you're not DeChambeau

Comment

Working...
            X