Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @orkie (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - WGC-FedEx St. Jude!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - PGA Championship Tournament with 3 rounds at Pine Valley (Protee Blue Tees): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...hip#post281617
See more
See less

R-Motion Alternative Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-Motion Alternative Clips

Some existing discussion here: Hacking the clip

I received my R-motion (just today), and definitely see the need to have one on every golf club (way to painful moving the sensor and clip to each club).

I have made two attempts (without much success) and onto my third (printing now).
    I found that blu tak (tic tak) came off when I hit the ball (flying sensor in the process).

Here is my evolution of design, keen for some feedback, other ideas...

Here is my 1st version:

Unfortunately this was a bit flimsy and didn't hold in the sensor well enough. Also the clip was too fine, and did not work so well.

Here is my 3rd version, currently printing:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	510807fc-86a3-4f44-a13d-583c040a84c6.PNG
Views:	475
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	265167
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	466
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	265168

I designed these all in Fusion 360. Happy to share the files with anyone, or the .stl for 3d printing if interested.

Looks good. How are you securing the clip to the shaft?

Comment

Originally posted by braycobb View Post
      Looks good. How are you securing the clip to the shaft?
      Just going to use a couple of zip ties. Possibly going o use a thin bit of tape to the shaft underneath before I zip it on, so it doesn't slide around.

I saw a design of a guy selling some on ebay, but the m4 bolt (I think m4 or m5), would add a bit of extra weight (possibly significant),
      so I figured an all plastic design, using plastic zip ties might be a good approach.

I printed 4 last night, so will give them a swing today

Comment

Also the main thing I like about my design, which I hadn't seen was I added a 'fin', on the top to help with the alignment.

Comment

Hey @melbournegolfer, You should integrate the top half of my design onto yours. The sensor actually has a "nub" to lock it into a notch on the track. I'll send you the ipt, you should be able to open that in Fusion 360.

Comment

melbournegolfer and jason25 I have a resin printer and would love to give your models a try. I was going to model my own....but why reinvent the wheel.

would love to see how the resin performs vs plastic. Could be a good alternative for the group here and I can print dozens relatively quick.

let me know if you can share the STLs
            Last edited by nylanan; 04-29-2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• jason25
              jason25 commented
              Editing a comment
              PM sent for the stl

Is that possible to share the stl to the general public?

Thanks

Comment

Would love the model, just got the R-Motion and the clips are sold out everywhere.

Comment

I would love the stl also! No need in redesigning the wheel! This is my favorite one I've seen.

Comment

Would love to try this out. It will be great if you can provide the model.

Thanks,

Comment

Please share the .stl file. Thanks for your work!

Comment

How did the testing go?

I'd love the .STL file as well, the R-motion is pretty much the only thing available right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X