Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Jeremy (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - The Greenbrier Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - John Deere Classic with 2 rounds at Merion East Ardmore, PA (ProTee - Middle) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-deere-classic
See more
See less

Tgc problems help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tgc problems help

I'm hoping someone can help me with some tgc on skytrak problems:
    - does tgc have to run in usb mode to play online?
    - has anyone had problems with the laser going on and off in usb mode (I'm thinking this could be because i made my own usb cable with 3 wire cable and not 4 wire)
    Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by Mikep1155; 01-07-2018, 08:54 PM.

No, you don't need to be in USB mode, as long as you are connected to the wifi then just hit the Connect button, and it will work as normal,

there have been a number of threads regarding USB mode, and the general consensus is that wifi is better, I can personally vouch for that, and no one really knows why, you would think USB would be more reliable but for some reason it is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikep1155 View Post
      I'm hoping someone can help me with some tgc on skytrak problems:
      - does tgc have to run in usb mode to play online?
      - has anyone had problems with the laser going on and off in usb mode (I'm thinking this could be because i made my own usb cable with 3 wire cable and not 4 wire)
      Any help is appreciated!
      Yes I've had a lot of problems trying to use USB mode. I switched to this mode just because WIFI is spotty in my garage where unit is setup.

A few tips:
      - make sure your SkyTrak does not have wifi access if you are going to use USB mode
      - have the skytrak plugged in to USB before you turn it on. SkyTrak will detect "USB mode" if you have it plugged in when powered on
      - disable power saving mode on computer/laptop that is connected to

Lately TGC simulator software have given me even more fits when trying to use SkyTrak in USB mode.. been too busy this week to play/troubleshoot but if I have any revelations I'll post in my thread I have going already.

Comment

frodaddy00 - I understand you can have spotty wifi to internet connection in your garage. This can cause some issues for sure. But, if your computer is in the garage you shouldn’t have trouble getting the Skytrak to send info to the computer via wifi. Possibly your computer is in the house and you are running a long usb chord to Skytrak?

Comment

I have always used USB mode. I get the occasional no read but never had any real issues with it! (Now that's asking for trouble!! )

Comment

Can someone walk me through the start up steps they use when using TGC in Network Mode. Whenever i disconnect my skytrak from USB my skytrak license on the TGC Interface goes red. Also how do you connect to wifi and your skytrak at the same time?

Comment

• colinjm18
              colinjm18 commented
              Editing a comment
              Open skytrak app
              Setup network mode
              Close skytrak app
              Open tgc skytrak interface
              Click connect (don’t connect usb)
              Press play

• Mikep1155
              Mikep1155 commented
              Editing a comment
              I went and double checked and it was signing me in with direct mode. I'll retry with network mode.
              Thanks.

Problem resolved, thanks for all the help!

Comment

This is how I connect and it has been extremely reliable for me. My computer is receiving the internet connection thru hard wire to router. Then, I have a little usb wifi antenna that I plug into the computer. The Skytrak simply uses that wifi connection to send over the data. It works great. I then keep a usb charger plugged into the wall to keep the Skytrak charged. If I were to charge the Skytrak thru a usb hub on the computer then I run the risk of confusing the connection. Not sure if that helps anyone, but it works well for me.

Comment

• Whiskeyjack
                Whiskeyjack commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm doing something similar, I have my computer hard wired to my router as well but I use the USB connection. I don't have Wifi on my computer so would need to add the usb wifi antenna. I haven't had any issues with this as of yet so I haven't added the usb wifi. Which one are you using? I might get it and try it out.

• GarySatterwhite
                GarySatterwhite commented
                Editing a comment
                Luckily I still had a picture of the box. It's a Net Gear Wireless AC Adapter AC600 Dual Band - Compatible with N. Real cheap, can't remember exact price. I used to get 4-5 no reads a round on tgc using USB. It was always a real important shot too! Lol. I go several rounds without one now. They actually surprise me they are so infrequent. I normally blame myself for having tripped the trigger with a waggle or something.

USB mode works best for me. If I do network mode then it slows down the loading of the courses significantly

Comment

Working...
              X