Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Bradford (NET and GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - World Golf Championship, and @Abirdie4me (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - Barracuda Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - PGA Championship with 3 rounds at Lunenberg National Golf Club (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...a-championship
See more
See less

Local Course Design - TGC Designer Wanted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Course Design - TGC Designer Wanted

I’m looking a TGC designer to designer two local golf courses for me to give me an edge in some competitions.
    I can get course layout in image format but nothing else.
    I’m not good enough in course designer to do it.
    Anyone know a good designer that would design the courses for me?

I haven't designed any courses, but in addition to the scorecard layout you would need elevation data. What courses are you looking for? It can be tricky finding them in the 150k available courses, but maybe someone else might have already done them. I have heard that people spend 10's of hours designing a single course well, so you might have a tough time getting someone to do it for you. Lots of guys would be likely to give you tips and pointers though if you were to attempt to do it yourself.

Comment

They are only local courses so I only have maps of holes plus video flyovers of each hole which is a very good guide.
      I could attempt to design it myself but I would like a better version than what I could produce.
      If anyone is interested let me know, I’m happy to pay.

Comment

You have enough data along with google earth and flyovers but you’ll have a hard time finding a designer. Foresight charges courses something like 5k to do their course. For me, designing is to do a course I want. Others like to create world class courses. I suggest you give it a go. It’ll take you 50 hours to do a course right.

Comment

I’m not looking a professional design, just a basic golf course design with correct yardage so I can practice on it.

Comment

Are you looking to hire someone? How much is that worth?

Comment

Can I play (test) my course in simulation mode while designing ny course? Build a hole then eventually build another hole

Comment

Yes. You can test no problem.

Comment

I know I can test using mouse but how do you test with actual clubs?

Comment

I know I can test using mouse but how do you test with actual clubs? Can I play from in sim mode with clubs within the course design mode?

Comment

You can hit shots in the course editor with your mouse AND/OR your simulator hardware to test your design.
                      TGC Tours: http://golfsimulatortours.com

Comment

I have someone designing me a course. I am also going to spend time designing a few more courses as well as so far I have only completed very basic courses.
                        Designing is definately hit and miss. It took me 7 attempts to finish my first course which was time consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin_C View Post
                          I know I can test using mouse but how do you test with actual clubs?
                          The guy will be standing on the tee. Use the mouse or hit the ball in the sim. Either works.

Comment

Originally posted by Aohare View Post
                            I’m looking a TGC designer to designer two local golf courses for me to give me an edge in some competitions.
                            I can get course layout in image format but nothing else.
                            I’m not good enough in course designer to do it.
                            Anyone know a good designer that would design the courses for me?
                            Whats the name of the course and google map link?

Comment

• KPaas
                              KPaas commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Storm I have one for you. It’s a really fun course tight holes with some fun ones. Maybe take a look. I think it would be a challenging one. I want to try it. Think I can do it. But I think you’d make it better than I haha

Bear Creek, Strathroy Ontario.
                          Working...
                          X