Using a dell XPS 15” with tgc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a dell XPS 15” with tgc

title says it. Anyone use one of these for tgc? I am not talking about the lower end xps. The ones with tgc 1050 card.

I run TGC flawlessly on a Dell Inspiron gaming laptop with 16gb ram, Nvidia 1050ti, with an I7 processor.

As for your XPS it all depends on your ram, video card and processor. Post all your specs of your XPS and I could give you more info.

Comment

• dagratest816
      dagratest816 commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on the Dell Inspiron Gaming laptop...-1 on the nvidia 1050ti & 16gb ram haha i just have the regular 1050 & 8gb of ram but it runs flawlessly on max settings for myself as long as i keep the high detail count of trees shown at about 300. tried to move that to max and thing got real slow real fast

Here's the specs on the Dell XPS 15 that I'm looking at purchasing. Will it be strong enough to run TGC effectively?
    • Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor 2.8GHz
    • 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM
    • 1TB PCIe Solid State Drive
    • 4GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Graphics
    I was planning on sharing the XPS 15 between the simulator and personal use. Those gaming laptops are all big and clunky looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldones View Post
      Here's the specs on the Dell XPS 15 that I'm looking at purchasing. Will it be strong enough to run TGC effectively?
      • 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM
      I was planning on sharing the XPS 15 between the simulator and personal use. Those gaming laptops are all big and clunky looking.
      I have an almost identical computer with the exception of the 1050ti card. It runs TGC easily with high settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldones View Post
        • 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM
        The CPU is OK.

The GTX 1050 in your laptop doesn't meet Protee's minimum requirements and is far below Protee's recommended specs ( https://csc.protee-united.com/hc/en-...Club-Simulator ) so you really should try to get a better card.

Comment

FaultyClubs Would the GTX1050ti run it? I had the same question. I'm looking at an ACER with 5i and 1050ti.

Comment

• FaultyClubs
            FaultyClubs commented
            Editing a comment
            The 1050ti would be noticeably better than the 1050 and generally reaches Protee's minimum requirements so yes it will run it. Some people will be happy. However, as you can see in the link, the recommended specs are i7 and 1060 6gb and you are well below those levels. It really depends on your expectations.

How about NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX 3050 Ti 4GB GDDR6?

Comment

Any Ti model will be sufficient, but for future releases Inalwats try to go above req specs if budget allows.
            3050ti is a great card. Even for VR stuff.

Comment

It will run fine but the PC in my experience are not the best. They have issues with clock speeds over heating and such, there are loads and loads of info on them in forums. You never know when you might just hang out for a few minutes at 100% CPU. If the PC is acting as it should it will run no issues though.
              This is my second one, the first only lasted about 4 months and I got it replaced form dell. This one I wiped put my own software on and reworked the insides . repasting and undervaluing. This is my only XPS so I can not account for others but this was the top of the line when I got it.

4K touch screen
              I7
              GTX 1050Ti
              64g ram

Before this I had a HP envy that I ran the last TGC on and then moved 2019 to it. It could not handle all the setting maxed but did ok. that PC never had an issue. I will be going back to them after I'm done with this XPS.

Comment

Working...
              X