Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Shardak (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - OHL Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - The RSM Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Boston : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...he-rsm-classic
See more
See less

SkyTrak / TGC - change clubs in my bag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SkyTrak / TGC - change clubs in my bag

    I just picked up a SkyTrak and TGC. Played my first round at Pebble. I am wondering is there a way to change what clubs are in my bag? Example don’t have a 5 wood , 4iron, or 3 iron in my bag. Would like to put my hybrids in.

  • #2
    There is no way of changing the clubs. Just use the corresponding club (4h instead of 4i)etc.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ok thanks. Kind of a weird thing to leave out. You can change your shirt and pants etc but not your clubs. 🙂

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't even know why there is an avatar in The Golf Club, as the only place you see it is on the start up screen, and that's it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lgnir View Post
          I don't even know why there is an avatar in The Golf Club, as the only place you see it is on the start up screen, and that's it.
          You also see avatars quite a bit when you play with others online and keep turn order enabled.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm thinking that the selected club is something left from the video game and it doesn't matter what it says for club selection. Skytrak gives the information based on the ball strike.
            The only exclusions may be if you boost differently for different types of clubs, i.e. irons are boosted 5% and wedges are not.

            Comment


            • ProTee United
              ProTee United commented
              Editing a comment
              The club selection is used for simulation systems that require club selection. It's also being used for shot recording and shot analysis. You won't be able to extract averages for a specific club you used if you did not select it.

            • mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              RMotion, Ernest Golf and ProTee all need club selection.

            • Whiskeyjack
              Whiskeyjack commented
              Editing a comment
              I was mostly talking about Skytrak and TGC but thanks for the info. Didn't know this.

          • #7
            Originally posted by Darryl_Mitchell View Post
            I just picked up a SkyTrak and TGC. Played my first round at Pebble. I am wondering is there a way to change what clubs are in my bag? Example don’t have a 5 wood , 4iron, or 3 iron in my bag. Would like to put my hybrids in.
            The next version of TGC will allow you to do this. You will be able to select "what's in the bag". It will also support hybrids.
            TGC Tours: http://golfsimulatortours.com

            Comment


            • Whiskeyjack
              Whiskeyjack commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a nice little add!

          • #8
            mthunt so just to clarify since I have gc2. The Club selection in the right hand corner of the screen is totally irrelevant to the outcome of my strike and my own Club selection? I won't be missing out or getting the incorrect boost or something if it says 5 wood in the corner but I play a 5-iron? And so ultimately I never have to bother to toggle the Club selection unless I want to scout the distance to land?
            ​​​​​​
            Thanks ahead of time

            Comment


            • #9
              Originally posted by 72solstice View Post
              mthunt so just to clarify since I have gc2. The Club selection in the right hand corner of the screen is totally irrelevant to the outcome of my strike and my own Club selection? I won't be missing out or getting the incorrect boost or something if it says 5 wood in the corner but I play a 5-iron? And so ultimately I never have to bother to toggle the Club selection unless I want to scout the distance to land?
              ​​​​​​
              Thanks ahead of time
              The only club that changes anything is the putter. It reduces spin. Any other club doesn’t matter

              Comment


              • #10
                Is that correct? I believe if you are adjusting certain clubs like woods 4%, irons 1% that if you hit a 5 iron while a wood is selected, it will use the wood adjustment and go farther. This is only the case if you have adjustments for clubs.

                Comment


                • #11
                  Okay think I got it. If I don't touch the boosting it doesn't matter what the Club selection is in the right hand corner.
                  so just wondering is there a favorite or more common boosting profile used across the whole bag at least for the GC2 that anyone is aware of to enhance realism or is it truly person by person case to try to match IRL distances.,( at least how the average overly-optimistic golfer wrongly perceives his true carry distances Still, I I didn't think the wedges need to be changed but the woods and mid-irons just a pinch in my case would this be common and consistent with other people's experience?

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by wbond View Post
                    Is that correct? I believe if you are adjusting certain clubs like woods 4%, irons 1% that if you hit a 5 iron while a wood is selected, it will use the wood adjustment and go farther. This is only the case if you have adjustments for clubs.
                    wbond You’re right. I assumed no one would have adjustments or boost on clubs. If one club is boosted anytime that club is listed you’ll be boosted or adjusted.

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Originally posted by 72solstice View Post
                      Okay think I got it. If I don't touch the boosting it doesn't matter what the Club selection is in the right hand corner.
                      so just wondering is there a favorite or more common boosting profile used across the whole bag at least for the GC2 that anyone is aware of to enhance realism or is it truly person by person case to try to match IRL distances.,( at least how the average overly-optimistic golfer wrongly perceives his true carry distances Still, I I didn't think the wedges need to be changed but the woods and mid-irons just a pinch in my case would this be common and consistent with other people's experience?
                      Some people in the past have increased spin or increased ball speed. Keep in mind you can only adjust 5% for tour events.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X